Delhi University Admission 2020: Application, Eligibility, DU Admission
Delhi University 2020 Application Form has been postponed. Delhi University is a public central university established in the year 1992. Admission will be provided into UG, PG, Diploma and Doctoral level programmes offered in various fields like engineering, commerce, law, management, science etc. The university will conduct entrance test for admission into various UG and PG programmes. However, students can also apply for admission on the basis of merit of qualifying degree. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding Delhi University Admission 2020.
Delhi University 2020 Notifications – Application Postponed
As per the sources, Delhi University 2020 Application Form has been postponed. It will be released soon. Check Here for application details.
Delhi University 2020 Exam (DUET) Dates has been announced. The examination will be held from 2nd to 9th June 2020. Check Here for exam dates.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Exam Dates
Check complete official Delhi University Admission Dates for UG and PG merit as well as entrance based Admission:
For UG Programmes (Entrance Test Based Admission)
|Starting of Online Registration||2nd April 2020|
|End of Online Registration||30th April 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||15th May 2020|
|Entrance Test date||2nd – 9th June 2020|
|Announcement of Result||25th June 2020|
|Starting of Admission process||3rd week of July 2020|
For UG Programmes (Merit Based Admission)
|Online Registration starts||3rd week of May 2020|
|End date for Registration||2nd week of June 2020|
|Release of First cut off||4th week of June 2020|
|Verification of documents and approval of admission||4th to last week of June 2020|
|Release of Second Cut Off||1st week of July 2020|
|Verification of documents and approval of admission||1st week of July 2020|
|Starting of Classes||3rd week of July 2020|
|Admission last date||3rd week of August 2020|
For PG Programmes (Entrance Test Based Admission)
|Starting of Registration||2nd April 2020|
|Last date to register online||30th April 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||15th May 2020|
|Date of Exam||2nd – 9th June 2020|
|Answer key release||1st week of July 2020|
|Declaration of result||25th June 2020|
|Group Discussion/Interview||2nd week of July 2020|
|Release of First admission list||3rd week of July 2020|
|Admission fee submission||3rd week of July 2020|
|Starting of Classes||3rd week of July 2020|
Delhi University Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates can below check the complete details of Delhi University Admission 2020 Application Form:
- The Online Registration process of Delhi University Admission 2020 for UG entrance based admission will start in from 2nd April 2020.
- Last date to register online is till 30th April 2020.
- The merit based online registration for UG programmes will be held from the third week of May 2020 to second week of June 2020.
- For Admission into PG Programmes, the online registration will start from 2nd April 2020 and end till the 30th April 2020.
- The complete application process will consist of various steps – Online Registration, Filling of the application form, uploading of scanned images and payment of application fee.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, DOB proof and other required documents.
- Candidates have to register and follow the complete application process through online mode only. Sending of printed application form to the University is not required.
Delhi University 2020 Application Fee will vary for entrance based and merit based admission.
Mode of Payment: The Application fee for entrance test based admission can be paid online using debit/credit card or net banking.
For each entrance test/programme, separate application fee will be charged. No extra fee will be charged for merit based programme.
Details of the fee according to various categories are given below:
For UG Courses (Based on merit)
|Category of Candidates||Fee|
For UG/PG Courses (Based on entrance exam)
|Category of candidates||Fee|
Delhi University Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Delhi University Admission Eligibility Criteria will vary for various programmes. Check the complete details of the eligibility criteria for various UG and PG programmes below:
- Age criteria: No minimum age limit is prescribed to apply for UG or PG programmes.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
For B.A (Hons) Multi Media & Mass Communication
- Only Female candidates are eligible to apply
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have completed his/her 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from CBSE or any other recognized board or University.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored at least of 75% marks in best of four subjects and 85% marks in English subject.
For B.Tech (IT and Mathematical Innovation)
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 12th level examination or its equivalent from CBSE or any other recognized board or University.
- Qualifying Subject: He/she must have passed the exam with mathematics subject.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidates of general category must have secured 60% marks in four subjects; OBC – 54%; PwD/CW – 57% and passing marks for candidates of ST/SC category.
For LLM Programme
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 3 or 5 year’s LLB degree from a recognized board or University.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidates must have passed their 3 or 5 year’s LLB degree with 50% marks for general candidates and 45% marks for ST/SC/OBC candidates.
For MCA Programme
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their bachelors degree from a recognized board or University.
- Qualifying Subject: He/she must have passed their bachelors degree with at least one paper in Mathematical Science.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Check complete details of Delhi University Admission Exam Pattern given below:
- Exam Date: Delhi University 2020 Admission test for UG programmes will be held on 2nd to 9th June 2020.
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be conducted in online mode by the university.
- Language Medium: Paper will be both in English and Hindi Language.
- Time Duration: Total time to complete the test will be of 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: The exam paper will contain multiple choice questions.
- Number of Questions: The question paper for UG programme will contain total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Syllabus
Delhi University Admission 2020 Syllabus can be checked by online mode and will vary for UG and PG Programmes.
The topics present in the UG Syllabus will be from the 11th and 12th level subjects. For the PG Syllabus, the topics will be from graduation level subjects. Candidates are advised to go through the complete syllabus online before starting the exam preparation.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below given preparation tips to score good and successfully get qualified for Delhi University Admission 2020:
- First, revise the whole syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme of the test provided through online mode.
- Write all the important formulas, concepts and keywords in a separate notebook.
- Revise all the noted down important points and concepts regularly.
- Candidates can go through previous year papers and solve them to enhance their exam preparation.
- Take mock tests and improve your preparation by analyzing the performance of the test.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Delhi University Admission 2020 Admit Card
Delhi University Admission 2020 Admit Card will be available on 15th May 2020 for UG & PG Programmes. Candidates can download their admit card by online mode after the completion of registration process successfully.
Admit card will not be send by the university via post or courier. It is an important document without which no candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall. One id proof must be taken with the admit card on the exam day to get entry into the exam hall.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Answer Key
Few hours after the completion of entrance test for UG and PG Programmes, the University will publish the Answer Key. Candidates will be able to check the Answer key by online mode.
In case candidates find any error in the Answer key, they can register their complaints after the uploading of the Answer key.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Result
Delhi University 2020 Result will be declared by online mode by the University. It will be released on 25th June 2020 for UG & PG Admissions.
Students will be selected for admission based on their performance shown in the entrance exam. The University will release a merit list online for various categories separately.
Delhi University Admission 2020 Cut Off
Delhi University will release the cut off marks separately for various programmes offered in Science, Arts and Commerce streams. The cut off will be prepared by the University on the basis of various factors like –
- Marks secured in the entrance test/12th level
- Number of seats available
- Number of candidates appearing for the test
- Previous year cut off trends etc.
Delhi University Admission 2020
Delhi University Admission 2020 will start in the third week of July 2020 on the basis of entrance test performance and in the third week of August 2020 for merit based admission.
For admission into PG programmes, the Group Discussion/Interview will take place in the second week of July 2020. The first admission list will be released in the third week of July 2020. Candidates also have to submit their admission fee before the last date.
On the day of counselling, candidates have to bring their all the relevant documents/certificates for the document verification process.
If any candidate has any query regarding Delhi University Admission 2020, they can clarify it in the comments section given below.