GMAT 2023: Registration (Started), Dates, Syllabus (Revised)
GMAT 2023 Registration has been started from 29th August 2023. It stands for Graduate Management Aptitude Test and it is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). It is a national level examination which aims at providing admission to the eligible candidates in MBA programmes offered at various institutions in India as well as foreign located universities. The exam will be conducted through centre based or online remote proctored modes. Candidates can appear for the exam as per their ease. In this article, we have provided details about the GMAT 2023 exam such as application form, eligibility, syllabus, etc.
GMAT 2022 Notifications – Registration Started
GMAT 2023 Registration has been started from 29th August 2023. Check here for registration details.
Get all exam details & latest updates about GMAT 2024 from here.
As per the sources, GMAT 2023 Syllabus has been revised. Data Insight section has been added from this year. Check details below.
GMAT 2023 Exam is conducted multiple times in a year. Check complete dates below.
Note: Exam slots are limited & on first-come-first-serve basis only.
Admission Open 2023
GMAT 2023 Overview
|Exam name||GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)|
|Exam Type||Universal Screening Test|
|Organized by||GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)|
GMAT 2023 Exam Dates
The GMAT 2023 is conducted multiple times a year. There is no specific date for the GMAT 2023 exam. The candidates can choose the exam dates at the time of filling the application form on their own. The registration can be done anytime throughout the year. Candidates can choose their exam date & mode as per their ease.
GMAT 2023 Application Form
Check below details about the GMAT 2023 Application form before filling the application:
- The registration is opened throughout the year. Candidates can apply any time.
- Candidates can apply via the online process.
- Candidates can choose the date and exam center as per their comfort.
- Fill the personal, academic, communication & other details required in the application form.
- The payment of the application fee can be done by online and offline modes.
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it safe for future reference.
- For online mode, payment can be done through VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Network Cards.
- The payment for the registration fee can be done by Money order, Cashier Checks, and personal checks.
- The application fee is $ 250 Rs 17027.5.
GMAT Eligibility Criteria
Check the minimum eligibility criteria for GMAT 2023 exam from below:
- Age Limit: Candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- Attempt: You may take the GMAT exam and GMAT online exam combined total of up to five times within a rolling 12-month period with 16 days of gap during each attempt.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed graduation degree in any stream from some recognized university, or institutions.
- Marks Requirement: There is no minimum or maximum marks requirement in the qualifying exam.
GMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Check the GMAT 2023 exam pattern given below:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through online centre based and remote proctored mode.
- Duration: The total exam time is 3 hours, and the total expected time at the test center, including check-in, breaks, is approximately 3.5 hours.
- Section: The GMAT exam is compromised of four separately timed section.
- Subject: The paper consisted of subject such as Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Analytical writing, Integrated Reasoning.
Check the section wise exam pattern from the table given below:
|Test Section||Time limit||Number of Questions||Score range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||30||1||0-6 in 0.5 point increments|
|Integrated Reasoning||30||12||1-8 in 1 point increments|
|Quantitative Reasoning||62||31||6-51 in 1 point increments|
|Verbal Reasoning||65||36||6-51 in 1-point increments|
GMAT 2023 Syllabus
Candidates who are planning to take the GMAT 2023 exam, have to be well acquainted with the GMAT Syllabus 2023. The entire syllabus of the GMAT is divided into 4 different sections.
These are the Quantitative section, Analytical Writing section, and Verbal skills and Integrated Reasoning section. These sections will conclude the candidates skills and knowledge.
The GMAT exam consists 4 sections as listed below:
- Quantitative Aptitude: There are two types of questions are asked in the section- data sufficiency and problem solving. The questions asked are mostly from Geometry, algebra, Linear Equations, etc.
- Integrated Reasoning: This section measures the candidates capability to integrate data given in multiple formats such as tables, graphs, or text and derive meaningful conclusions from that.
- Verbal Ability: This section assesses the candidates ability to read and evaluate a given passage and critically analyze the arguments.
- Analytical Writing Assessment: This section test a candidates ability to communicate ideas in written English.
GMAT 2023 Preparation tips
Candidates can check some tips to start the GMAT preparations.
- It is important that you must have a study plan to prepare yourself for the GMAT 2023.
- If you are planning to take the GMAT exam, you must well acquainted with the exam pattern. This will familiarize you with the syllabus, types of questions asked and scoring pattern of the test.
- Soon after you select a preferred exam date, start studying regularly and enroll for a coaching class for additional assistance.
- Keep yourself fit and healthy as it will relax your mind.
- Do revision everyday for more practice.
GMAT 2023 Exam Centers:
GMAT 2023 Exam will be conducted in various cities like Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Guwahati, Patna, Kolkata, Ranchi, Mysore, Mohali, Noida, Chennai, Bhubaneshwar, Trivandrum, Indore, Pune, Coimbatore, Nagpur, Patiala, Chochin, Tiruchillapalli, and Vellore.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
GMAT 2023 Admit Card
The GMAT admit card will be provided to the candidates via online mode. Download the admit card and confirmation letters as well which consisted of info like test date and test center.
The GMAT admit card also contain the important instructions that a candidate must follow to comply with the framed rules and regulations of the GMAT exam. Candidates should note that is mandatory to carry the GMAT exam admit card as well as their ID proof on the day of the test.
GMAT 2023 Result
The GMAT 2023 result will be available through online mode. Candidates can view the GMAT scores by logging in with their registered email id and password. Once the GMAT exam is over, candidates will be presented with tentative score which is an unofficial score of the exam.
The score will contain the 5 scores which are sections Analytical Writing Assessment, Verbal, Reasoning, and Quantitative section score along with total score.
The GMAT result can be viewed till 20 days after the exam will be attempted. The total score and the percentile along with the details of the candidates will be mentioned on the scorecard of GMAT.
GMAT 2023 Admission
GMAT 2023 Admission procedure for the candidates who have scored above cut off finalized by institutes can attend the counselling. Candidates have a choice of sending their scores to institute at the time of the exam. If candidates score enough marks needed for a particular business school or college they will be called for further rounds.
Further, candidates will be called for a personal interview or group discussion or both depending on the institute. After the final selection, candidates will have to pay the admission fee and submit the required documents to complete the admission process.
For any other queries about GMAT 2023 exam, you can ask us by leaving your queries below in the comment box.