GPAT 2020: Result (Declared), Score Card, Merit List, Admission Process
GPAT 2020 Result has been declared on 4th February 2020. The exam is conducted by National Testing Agency. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is national level entrance test conducted every year to offer admission into the M.Pharm programmes. Various AICTE-Approved Institutions/Universities and affiliated colleges accept GPAT Scores to provide admission to the eligible candidates. Candidates qualifying the entrance exam successfully will get admission to 24000 seats of M.Pharm in nearly 841 participating pharmacy institutions. Till 2018, this test was being conducted by AICTE. From 2019, the responsibility of conducting this entrance test has been transferred to NTA. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding GPAT 2020.
GPAT 2020 Notification – Result Declared
GPAT 2020 Result has been declared on 4th February 2020. Check here for result details.
GPAT 2020 Merit List (All India Merit Based) has been released.
GPAT 2020 Final Answer Key has been released on 4th February 2020. Check here for answer key details.
GPAT 2020 New Changes Introduced
- As per the new changes introduced by HRD Ministry in the year 2019, NTA has organized GPAT 2020 entrance exam.
GPAT 2020 Important Dates
Check below all the official GPAT dates for various events like application, admit card, exam date, result, merit list release date etc:
|Starting of Registration process||1st November 2019|
|Image correction window opens||9th November 2019|
|Last date to register||10th December 2019|
|Last date to upload Images and make fee payment||11th December 2019|
|Choice of city||1st November to 12th December 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||24th December 2019|
|GPAT 2020 Exam||28th January 2020|
|Question paper & responses release||29th January 2020|
|Answer key release||30th January 2020|
|Last date to submit objections||2nd February 2020|
|Announcement of results||4th February 2020|
|Release of All India Merit List & final key||4th February 2020|
GPAT 2020 Answer Key
GPAT Answer key has been released after the completion of entrance test. Candidates can download the answer key through online mode by entering their registered email address and password. After downloading it, students are able to cross check their attempted answers with released answer key.
In this way, students are able to calculate their scores and know their qualifying status in the exam. If in case any error arises, candidates can also challenge the answer key before the last date.
The candidates, who will not satisfied with provisional answer keys, may challenge by filling online application form and paying a processing charge of Rs.1000/- per question.
GPAT 2020 Result
GPAT Result has been published online on 4th February 2020. Students are able to check the result and download the scorecard using their email address and password.
After the declaration of results the merit list has been released for short listing the qualified candidates. Also scorecard & merit list has been released along with the result online on the website.
GPAT 2020 Scorecard
GPAT 2020 Scorecard mention various details like name of the student, registration number, roll number, date of birth, category, marks obtained and qualifying status of the candidate.
It is valid for 3 years from the date of release of result for admission of the candidate into the PG programmes.
GPAT 2020 Merit List
The conducting authority has prepare the GPAT 2020 Merit List on the basis of scores and rank obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. The board prepare and publish the All India merit list which specify the candidates rank, score, roll number, qualifying status and other details. It has been released on 4th February 2020 in online mode.
In case more than two candidates secure equal marks in the exam, the tie breaking criteria is used to place their name in the merit list. Same rank will be assigned to the candidates but in the merit list their names will be sorted in the alphabetical order.
GPAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates successfully selected in the merit list will be considered eligible for participating the GPAT 2020 Counselling. No centralized counselling will be organized by the board. Various participating institutions accepting the GPAT Scores for admission will conduct their individual counselling.
At the time of counselling, students have to carry some important documents at the allotted counselling venue for the document verification process. These necessary documents are:
- Class 10th and Class 12th Mark sheet and Pass certificate
- Graduation mark sheet
- Migration certificates
- GPAT 2020 scorecard
- Provisional certificate
- Any government id proof – Aadhar card, voter id card, PAN card etc.
GPAT 2020 Admit Card
After the completion of application process, successfully registered candidates have obtained their admit cards through online mode. No candidate is sent admit cards through offline mode. To download the admit card, candidates are required to enter their registration number and date of birth.
GPAT Admit card has been released online from 24th December 2019. It mentions important details about the candidate and the exam like candidate’s name, roll number, exam venue, exam date and time, exam center address, instructions for the exam day etc, Along with the admit card candidates have to bring their valid photo id proof for identity verification.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
GPAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below various details about the GPAT 2020 Application form:
- GPAT 2020 Registration process has been started from 1st November 2019.
- The complete application process will consist of four steps – Online Registration, filling the details, uploading of images and fee payment.
- Candidates can register by online mode till 10th December 2019.
- Candidates can also make corrections in the uploaded images from 9th November 2019.
- Candidates must fill all the details in the application form correctly as no modification facility will be provided in the filled details by the board later.
The Application Fee for various categories is described below:
- For General/Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL) candidates – Rs.1600 (Boys) & Rs. 800/- (Girls)
- For ST/SC/PwD/Transgender – Rs.800 (Boys) & Rs. 800/- (Girls)
Mode of Payment: Through online mode, the fee can be paid using debit or credit card or net banking method. Through offline mode, the fee can be paid by SBI Bank Challan method.
Check here– How to Fill GPAT Application Form
GPAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check GPAT Eligibility criteria, before filling the application form:
- Applying candidates must be citizen of India.
- No upper or lower age limit is prescribed to apply.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy of four years after their 10+2 level (same goes for lateral entry candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in their final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for PwD Candidates:
Candidates applying for GPAT 2020 under PwD category must fulfill the below eligibility criterion:
- Disabilities: The candidate will be considered PwD if he/she is physically handicapped/ dumb/ visually impaired/ hearing impairment.
- Extent of Disability: The extent of disability in the candidate should be at least 40% as agreed by a recognized medical committee.
Eligibility for Scribe/Reader:
The scribe/reader must fulfill the below eligibility criteria:
- He/she should not have completed 19 years of age as on 27th January 2020.
- He/she should not be a friend or family member.
- He/she should not involve in teaching in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test.
- He/she should have academic qualification lower than the candidate.
Note: The scribe must show his age certificate at the allotted exam center. The scribe will not be permitted to assist the candidate if in case the above criterion is not followed.
GPAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the complete GPAT Exam Pattern before starting their exam preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: GPAT 2020 Exam will be organized on 28th January 2020 in Online CBT.
- Number and Type of Questions: The question paper will contain total of 125 multiple choice.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the exam paper will be of 3 hours.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of total 500 marks.
- Language Medium: The language medium of the paper will be English.
- Marking Scheme: For each right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
GPAT 2020 Syllabus
GPAT Syllabus will be available through online mode. Candidates must go through the complete syllabus before starting the exam preparation.
Various topics will be included in the syllabus from the subjects of:
- Physical Pharmacy
- Physical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Clinical pharmacy and therapeutics
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
GPAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help of below given preparation tips to enhance their exam preparation and qualify the test:
- Prepare a study schedule including all the topics that are to be prepared for the exam. Follow the schedule in a disciplined way.
- Candidates must review the complete syllabus, exam pattern and marking pattern before starting the preparation.
- Analyze your preparation level by attempting various mock tests.
- Solve past papers or sample papers to practice more for the exam.
- Revision must be done by the candidates few days before the exam day.
If you have any query regarding GPAT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.