IIFT 2021: MBA (IB) Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern
IIFT 2021 will be held in the first week of December 2020 through online CBT mode. IIFT is a national level test organised by NTA. Through this entrance test, various qualifying candidates will get admission into MBA (International Business). Students will be offered seats in campuses located in Delhi and Kolkata. Also, after the entrance test qualifying candidates will be invited to participate in the Group Discussion, Personal Interview, writing skills assessment rounds to get admission. The application process will get started in the second week of September 2020. To know complete information related to IIFT 2021 application, dates, eligibility, exam pattern, etc.
IIFT 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check below all the tentative IIFT Dates for various events:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Registration starts from||2nd week of September 2020|
|Last date to apply||4th week of October 2020|
|Application Correction starts||1st week of November 2020|
|Last date to apply through submission of GMAT score for foreign nationals & NRIs||February 2021|
|Admit card release||2nd week of November 2020|
|IIFT 2021 Exam||1st week of December 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of December 2020|
|Scorecard availability||2nd week of January 2021|
|GD & PI rounds||January or February 2021|
IIFT 2021 Application Form
Know IIFT 2021 Application Form details in the below given section:
- IIFT 2021 Registration process will get started by online mode from second week of September 2020.
- Candidates will be able to apply for IIFT till fourth week of October 2020.
- The complete application process will be carried out through online mode only.
- Various steps in the application process are online registration, filling details in the application, application fee payment, image uploading of photograph, signature & category certificate (as per the format & size) and printing the application.
- In case of mistake in the uploaded images, the image correction facility will be provided to the candidates.
- Correction in the application details will get started from first week of November 2020.
- Sending of application form to the authority after completion of registration will not be required.
Payment mode: The IIFT application fee can be paid by online mode through debit card, credit card or Net banking account or PAYTM Service.
Students can check application fee as per their category in the below given table:
|UR/Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL)||Rs.2000|
|ST/SC/PWD/Transgender Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|Foreign Nationals/NRIs||Rs.9,500 (US$ 150)|
IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students should know the IIFT Eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals will be eligible to apply. Also, the foreign national applicants can apply.
- Age Criteria: There is no upper or lower age limit prescribed to apply for IIFT.
- Qualifying Exam: Passed Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: The qualifying exam must be passed with minimum aggregate of 50% marks. Candidates of ST/SC/PwD category should have secured minimum of 45% marks.
- Appearing: Students in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply. Such candidates are required to submit proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2021.
IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
Check IIFT Exam pattern details briefly in the below given section:
- Exam Mode & Date: IIFT 2021 will be held in online CBT mode in the 1st week of December 2020.
- Type of Questions: The questions in the exam will be of objective type.
- Number of Questions: Total of 123 questions will be there in the exam paper.
- Time Duration: 2 hours will be provided for completion of the paper.
- Number of Sections: The sections in the paper will be – English Grammar, Data Interpretation, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Vocabulary and Comprehension, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis.
- Medium of Language: The paper will be in the medium language of English.
- Total Marks: Exam paper will be of 100 marks.
- Marking Pattern: 5 to 1 mark will be provided for correct responses in different sections. The marking scheme will differ for various sections. 1/3 of the allotted marks will get deducted for every incorrect response.
Students can know the distribution of questions in the below given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||25|
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
In the IIFT Syllabus, the questions will be asked from – English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis sections.
Various topics included in various sections are given below:
Logical Reasoning: Linear & Matrix Arrangements, Coding & Decoding, Visual & Critical Reasoning, Sequencing, Family Tree Problem, Cause & Effect, Symbol based Problem, etc.
Vocabulary and Comprehension: Spellings, Word meaning match, Sentence Arrangement, Sentence Completion, Grammar, Synonyms, Phrases, Figure of Speech, Reading Comprehension etc.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs: Topics related to current scenarios, political, economic, sports awareness, Awards & Awardees, International Affairs, Politics, etc.
Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis: Parentages, HCF & LCM, Vectors, Logarithm, Binomial Expansion, Venn Diagram, Number System, Clocks, Calendar, Median, Mode, Speed, Co-ordinate geometry, Installments payments, Ratios & Proportions, Time, Distance, Simple interest etc.
IIFT 2021 Preparation Tips
Know IIFT preparation tips for the exam for an easier way of exam preparation:
- Students must know about the exam pattern and syllabus before the beginning of test.
- Students are advised to start the preparation early.
- Prepare a timetable and then follow it regularly.
- Students must go for mock tests for a better preparation and practice.
- Candidates must prepare for the exam from good sources of study materials prescribed by professionals.
- While practicing for the exam, students must make proper notes of that and go through them daily.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIFT 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of IIFT 2021 will be made available for download from second week of November 2020. To download the admit card, candidates will have to go to the online website by entering their name & application number.
Candidates must go through the details present in the admit card such as name, category, roll number, gender, application number, exam date & time, exam center, exam center address, exam day instructions & photograph and signature.
If any candidate finds any details incorrect in the admit card, he/she must contact the officials before the exam.
IIFT 2021 Answer Key
After the successful completion of IIFT exam, the answer key will be published. IIFT answer key 2021 will be published online on the website with the question papers.
With the help of answer key, it will be possible for the candidates to calculate their estimated score of the entrance test. Also, in case of any mistake found in the answer key, students will also be able to challenge within a specified period of time period.
IIFT 2021 Result
The Result of IIFT 2021 will be published in the second week of December 2020. To check the result candidates are required to enter their registered User Id and date of birth.
The result will be present for download in the form of PDF. Also, the authority will release the merit list after the result announcement.
IIFT 2021 Scorecard
With the release of result, the scorecard will be published by IIFT. The scorecard is a necessary document which has to be shown by the candidates for getting admission.
It will mention candidate’s name, DOB, category, total score, section score and percentile score.
IIFT 2021 Cut Off
To get selected for counselling process, students must secure the cut off marks as prescribed by IIFT for admission. Check the cut off in the below given cut off:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
IIFT 2021 Admission
For participation in the IIFT admission/ counselling process, the qualifying candidates will be shortlisted. Based on their marks and performance shown in the entrance exam, students will be able to participate in the admission procedure. GD and PI rounds will be organized for admission of the candidates.
In the month of January / February 2021 the GD & PI procedure will start. Students while the admission procedure will be conducted will have to verify their necessary certificates and documents.
GMAT Score and Interview will be considered for admission into MBA in IIFT only for foreign national candidates. Students must send their GMAT scorecard copy with the IIFT application form to the authority within the specified period of time.
If you have any other query regarding IIFT 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section.