CLAT Eligibility 2019, Maximum Age, Academic Qualification & Marks
CLAT Eligibility 2019 should be checked by the candidates before filling the application form. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India level entrance exam. The exam is held for the candidates who are interested in undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. CLAT exam will be managed by the Consortium of National Law Universities. The test is conducted for the 21 Law Universities of the country. In this article, we have mentioned complete information about CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
CLAT Eligibility 2019
The entrance exam will be held for the candidates who are interested in LL.M and LL.B courses offered by the 21 law universities of the country. The eligibility criteria of CLAT 2019 provide an overview of the minimum requirement for applying and appearing in the law entrance exam. Thus, before filling the CLAT application form candidates must read the eligibility criteria carefully that whether they are fulfilling the eligibility norms or not. The CLAT eligibility criteria 2019 are given below:
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- NRIs candidates can also apply for the exam.
- NRIs may directly contact to the participating universities directly for the admission provision regarding foreign national candidate.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT 2019.
For Undergraduate (UG) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have qualified Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate or equivalent examination from 10+2 education system from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in aggregate of the total marks and if belonging to SC/ST category, they should have a minimum of 40% marks.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2019 can also apply. Such candidates have to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
For Postgraduate (PG) Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have completed the LL.B or five-year Integrated LL.B degree from a recognized university as prescribed by the participating universities.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 55% marks and (50% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
Note: Candidates who are having supplementary they can also apply for the exam, but they have to clear the supplementary exam and have to show the proof of qualifying exam.
If you have any doubt regarding CLAT Eligibility 2019, you can ask you query in the comment box given below.