IISER Admission 2018: Result, Seat Allotment, Cut Off, Counselling
IISER 2018 3rd Round Allotment for SCB Channel has been released on 18th July 2018. IISER Admission is based on an IISER 2018 entrance exam, KVPY exam (Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) & JEE Advanced exam. IISER (Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research) is one of the famous Institution of India which offers education in the field of science & research. In India, there are seven IISER Institutions located in Pune, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati & Berhampur. These Institutions impart 5 year dual degree course known as BS-MS Programme. Candidates can check this article to get detailed information about IISER Admission 2018.
IISER 2018 Notifications:
IISER 2019 Examination will be conducted through computer based (online) mode. Check here for IISER 2019.
Get all latest updates & notifications about IISER 2018 Admission Procedure. Check here.
IISER 2018 3rd Round Seat Allotment Lists for SCB Channel has been released on 18th July 2018. Check here for allotment details.
IISER 2018 2nd Round Seat Allotment Lists for SCB Channel has been released on 13th July 2018. Check here for allotment details.
IISER 2018 Result for IISER Aptitude Test has been released on 7th July 2018. Check here for result details.
IISER 2018 Answer Key for IISER Aptitude Test has been revised. Click here to view answer key.
IISER 2018 Seat Allotment Lists for JEE Advanced channel has been released on 28th June 2018.Check here for seat allotment details.
IISER 2018 Seat Allotment for KVPY channel (final round) has been declared on 22nd June 2018. Check here for seat allotment details.
IISER 2018 Seat Allotment Lists for KVPY channel has been declared on 14th June 2018. Check here for seat allotment details.
IISER 2018 Hall Ticket for SCB channel has been released on 18th June 2018. Click here to get the hall ticket.
IISER 2018 Application Form for JEE Advanced channel has been released from 11th June 2018.Check here for application form.
IISER 2018 Eligibility & Syllabus Details has been released now. Check below for details.
IISER 2018 application form can be filled till 12th June (for SCB Channel).Check here for application form.
IISER 2018 application form can be filled till 9th June (for KVPY Channel).Check here for application form.
IISER 2018 Exam Date
Check below the official schedule of IISER 2018 for SCB, KVPY & JEE Advanced channel:
|Releasing of First Advertisement||6th April 2018|
|Releasing of Second Advertisement||May 2018|
|Online Application Starts||24th May 2018|
|Application Closed||12th June 2018 (12:00 Noon)|
|Hall Ticket Download||18th June 2018|
|IISER Aptitude Test||24th June 2018|
|Answer Key Release||29th June 2018|
|Result Declaration||7th July 2018|
|Submission of SAF for first round of allotment begins||7th July 2018|
|Second Allotment Release||13th July 2018|
|Last Date for submission of SAF for final round of allotment begins||21st July 2018|
KVPY & JEE Advanced Streams:
|Application Starts||21st May 2018|
|Application Closed||9th June 2018 (12:00 Noon)|
|Result Announced KVPY Allotment||14th June 2018|
|Submission of SAF begins||14th June 2018|
|Last Date for submission of SAF||20th June 2018 (7:00 PM)|
|Application Starts||11th June 2018 (9:00 AM)|
|Application Closed||21st June 2018 (12:00 Noon)|
|Result Announced (1st round allotment)||28th June 2018|
|Submission of SAF begins||28th June 2018|
|Last Date for submission of SAF||2nd July 2018|
IISER 2018 Result will be declared through online mode. Candidates can check their results on 3rd July 2018 for SCB channel. Candidates can view their results by entering their roll no. & registration id. After the result declaration, candidates can register for allotment of seats. The seat will be allotted on the basis of merit secured in the exam.
IISER 2019 entrance exam will be managed by the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER). The institution offer admission into 5 year BS-MS programme on the basis of IISER Aptitutde Test, KVPY & JEE Advanced scores. It is a national level examination.
IISER Admission 2018
The 50% seats of IISERs Institutions are filled on the basis of JEE Advanced & KVPY scores. The remaining seats are filled through SCB (State & Central Boards) which is based on IISER Aptitude Test 2018. The allotment of seat are based on the merit list, availability of seats & candidate preferences. The conducting authority not release any IISER cut-off list for admission. Top candidates who qualify the KVPY & JEE Advanced exam will get admission into IISERs.
Documents Required at the time of Admission:
- Class 10th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Printed copy of the application form
- IISER Aptitude Test 2018 Admit Card
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- ID Proof
- Offer Letter
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Click here for IISER 2018 More FAQs.
IISER Application Form 2018
Candidates, those want to get admission to the IISER Institutions have to fill the IISER Online application via SCB (State & Central Boards) streams, KVPY Stream & JEE (Advanced) Stream.
- Candidates can get the IISER Online Application form from the 24th May 2018 (SCB), 21st May 2018 (KVPY) & 11th June 2018 (JEE Advanced) Streams.
- The application form has been issued through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill the IISER 2018 Application Form till the 12th June 2018 (SCB), 9th June 2018 (KVPY) & 21st June 2018 (JEE Advanced) Streams.
- At the time of form filling, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph & mark sheet/rank card (as applicable) in a given format.
- It is necessary to fill the Institution choice out of all 7 IISER for admission according to the preferences in the application.
- Keep the print copy of the filled application form for future use.
Candidates have to deposit Rs. 1500 (Rs. 750 in case of SC/ST category & Kashmiri Migrants) as an application fee. The fee is non-refundable. Candidates can pay the fee through online or offline mode.
The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Indian National, PIO & OCI candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass 10+2 examination with science stream in 2017 or 2018.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure marks equal or above the cut-off percentage in their respective boards.
- Relaxation: There is 5% relaxation in qualifying marks for the OBC-NC & PwD category.
- Cut-Off Percentage: For SC/ST/KM category candidates, the cut-off percentage marks is 55% in 10+2 level for all boards.
- Candidates applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test.
|Name of Board||Cut-off Percentage|
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have a valid KVPY scholarship commencing from 2018-2019 session.
- Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
JEE Advanced Stream:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must qualify the JEE Advanced exam & secure a rank within 10000 in CRL (Common Rank List).
- Relaxation: For OBC-NC/SC/ST/PwD category, their category rank should be within 10000.
Click here to check IISER 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
IISER Exam Pattern
The exam pattern details are mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: KVPY Aptitude Test will be conducted through offline mode (pen-paper based).
- Type of Questions: The questions will be multiple choice types.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- No. of Questions: 15 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 180 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to the candidates for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
- Subjects: The question paper will be comprised of PCMB subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology).
IISER Syllabus 2018
The syllabus of the IISER entrance exam is consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology subjects. The IISER 2018 Syllabus will comprises of Class 11th & 12th. The syllabus is given here:
Sets, Relations and functions, Trigonometric Functions, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Probability, Matrices, Determinants, Continuity and Differentiability, Integrals, Applications of integrals, Differential equations, Vectors, Three dimensional geometry.
Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Properties of bulk matter, Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter.
Some Basic Concept of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, The s-block Elements, The p-block Elements, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, The solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface chemistry, The d- & f-block elements, Organic compounds containing nitrogens, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life.
Diversity in the living world, Structural organization in animals and plants, Cell structure and function, Plant physiology, Human physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and evolution, Biology and human welfare, Biotechnology and its application, Ecology and environment.
Click here to check IISER 2018 Syllabus.
Check below Model Test Papers:
IISER Admit Card
Candidates are able to download their admit card for a SCB channel through online mode. The admit card has been issued from the 18th June 2018. No other mode are entertained to get the IISER 2018 Admit card. Without an admit card, candidates are not be allowed to enter in the exam center. Candidates have to bring a valid admit card along with the filled application form, print copy in the examination hall.
If you have any query about IISER Admission 2018, you can ask your query below in the comment box.