IIST Admission 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
IIST 2023 offers various UG and PG courses in the field of space science & technology. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is a national level examination. Candidates will get admission in IIST on the basis of various entrance exam like JEE Advanced, GATE, UGC NET, JEST, etc. Those candidates who have passed these entrance exam with minimum qualification scores will get admission in IIST. In this article, we have provided information from application form to counselling regarding the IIST 2023.
IIST Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||IIST Admission 2023|
|Full-form||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Exam level||National level|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG courses|
|Application mode||Online mode|
IIST Admission 2023 Offered Programme:
- B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)
- Dual Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech in one of the following.
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Science in Solid State Physics
- M. Tech in Earth System Science
- M. Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech. in Thermal and Propulsion
- M.Tech. in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- M.Tech. in Structures and Design
- M.Tech. in RF and Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech. in Digital Signal Processing
- M.Tech. in Control System
- M.Tech. in VLSI and Microsystems
- M.Tech. in Power Electronics
IIST 2023 Important Dates
Candidates must go through following tentative schedule regarding IIST 2023:
|Online registration starts||1st week of October 2023|
|Last Date of online registration||2nd week of October 2023|
|IIST admission rank list Publish date||2nd week of October 2023|
|Closing date for modification of branch preferences||3rd week of October 2023|
|Date of Seat allotment/ acceptance round||Last week of October 2023|
|Re-validation of registration of waiting list candidates||Last week of October 2023|
|Joining IIST||Last week of November 2023|
|Spot admission notification (if required)||November 2023|
|Spot admission registration (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after the last round of seat allotment||November 2023|
|Spot admission registration- online (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after the last round of seat allotment||November 2023|
|Admission Closed||1st week of December 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of December 2023|
|Induction programme||2nd week of December 2023|
|Last date for joining||2nd week of December 2023|
|Online application release||Last week of April 2023|
|Online submission of applications closed||Last week of May 2023|
|List of shortlisted candidates for the branches which have GATE as well as interview||1st week of June 2023|
|Interview round (For Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Physics, and Avionics departments)||2nd week of June 2023|
|Display of rank list for PG courses (Non- interview branches)||June 2023|
|Display of shortlisted rank list for Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Physics, and Avionics departments||Last week of July 2023|
|Date of Reporting at the Institution||Last week of July 2023|
|Starting of Classes for all PG courses||1st week of August 2023|
|Last Allotment for PG Admission 2023||2nd week of August 2023|
|PG Admission Closes||3rd week of August 2023|
IIST 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the IIST Application Form 2023:
- Candidates will get the application form via online mode for both UG and PG courses.
- For UG courses, authority will release the application form from first week of October 2023 and for PG courses from last week of April 2023.
- Candidates need to fill all the details asked in the application form such as name, address, email id, qualification, etc. as incomplete details will lead to rejection.
- The application form will be accepted only of eligible candidates so candidates must check their eligibility before filling the form.
- Candidates will also have to upload their scanned photograph and caste certificate within prescribed format.
- While registration, candidates also have to provide their working phone number & mail ID as all important information will be sent to it.
- The last date to submit the application form for UG course is till 2nd week of October 2023 and for PG course is till last week of May 2023.
- Candidate need to take printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
- The application fee for the IIST 2023 will be paid via online mode.
- There will be different payment gateways for the transaction such as credit card, debit card, net banking.
- For male, General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL, application fee will be Rs. 600/-.
- Female, SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates will have to submit Rs. 300/- as their application fee.
- The application fee will be non-refundable in any case.
IIST – How to Apply
- Step-1: Candidates need to visit the website of the authority.
- Step-2: Click on the Registration button followed by clicking on the signup button.
- Step-3: Candidates need to signup using a mobile number, email, name, and other required details.
- Step-4: Confirm your registration using an OTP sent to you at your e-mail from IIST.
- Step-5: Now login using your login credentials.
- Step-6: Fill all the details asked in the application form.
- Step-7: Upload the documents & images within prescribed format.
- Step-8: To complete the application form process candidate needs to pay the fee using online mode.
- Step-9: Take the printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
IIST 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check following eligibility norms regarding IIST 2023:
For UG Courses:
- Citizenship: Indian citizenship candidates will be eligible for admission in IIST.
- Age Limit: Candidates belonging to General, EWS and OBC categories must be born on or after 1st October 1998 and 5-year relaxation will be provided to the reserved category candidates.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th intermediate conducted by any recognized Board/ University.
- Marks: Candidates should have obtained at least 75% for the general category & 65% for the reserved category (SC/ST).
- Subjects: Candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Entrance Test: Admission will be based on +2 and JEE Advanced 2023 scores.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: The candidate’s age limit must not exceed 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable to for reserved category candidates.
- Qualifications: B.Tech/ B.E / M.Sc. or equivalent degree holder from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% for general / EWS and OBC categories and minimum of 55% for reserved category candidates marks in the exam.
- Score Card: A valid score in GATE, UGC NET/ JEST exam will be mandatory.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIST 2023 Rank List
IIST 2023 rank list will release from 2nd week of October 2023. Category wise IIST Admission will be generated only for those eligible candidates who are successfully registered online and have paid the registration fees.
IIST Admission rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks scored in the entrance test (If any) subject to satisfying the minimum marks. Tie between any candidates securing the same aggregate marks will be resolved by applying the procedure at the time of descending order.
IIST 2023 Cut off
IIST Cut off for admission will be release via online mode. Cut off marks are the minimum marks candidates have to score for further admission. Candidates must have secured minimum cut off marks to be eligible for entry.
Cut off margin will be released based on rank, category, performance, in interview and availability of seats, etc. After releasing the cut off marks candidates will be called for counselling. It will be mandatory for qualified candidates to participate in the counselling process.
The reservation criteria as per different category will be as follows:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15 %|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Castes (OBC) – NCL||27 %|
|Persons with Disabilities (PD)||3%|
IIST 2023 Counselling
IIST 2023 counselling session will be held via offline mode. The counselling will commence from 1st week of August 2023. The authority will prepare the merit list of the candidates for each UG and PG course based on the JEE Advanced and JEE Main scores and GATE/ JEST/ UGC score.
Candidates who have registered online for admission and those who meet the eligibility criteria set by the university will be eligible. Candidates those who are designated need to participate for the counselling round personally. It will be also mandatory to carry photostated & original documents for verification purpose.
Following is the complete list of required documents for the counselling procedure.
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) mark sheets (for those who appeared for this examination in 2022 and or 2023).
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2022 and or 2023).
- Category (EWS/ OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PD) certificates.
- Transfer certificate from the institute last attended.
- Candidate’s AADHAR Card.
- Entrance Test Score card & admit card
If you have any other queries regarding IIST 2023, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment section below.