IIST Admission 2023: Counselling (Started), Allotment, Admission
IIST 2023 Registration (Special Round) has been started from 14th July 2023 for PG courses. IIST offers various UG and PG courses in the field of space science & technology. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is a national level examination. Candidates can get admission in IIST on the basis of various entrance exam like JEE Advanced, GATE, UGC NET, JEST, etc. Those candidates who have passed these entrance exam with minimum qualification scores can get admission in IIST. In this article, we have provided information from application form to counselling regarding the IIST 2023.
IIST 2023 Notifications – Registration Started (PG)
IIST 2023 Registration (Special Round) has been started from 14th July 2023 for PG courses. Check here for counselling details.
Get all the latest updates and details about IIST Admission 2024 here.
IIST 2023 Rank List has been published on 30th June 2023 for UG courses. Check here for rank list details.
IIST 2023 Application Form can be filled till 28th June 2023 for UG courses. Check here for application details.
IIST 2023 Cut Off has been released on 16th May 2023 for PG courses. Check here for cut off details.
IIST Admission 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam
|IIST Admission 2023
|Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
|UG & PG courses
IIST Admission 2023 Offered Programme:
- B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics)
- Dual Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech in one of the following.
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Science in Solid State Physics
- M. Tech in Earth System Science
- M. Tech in Optical Engineering
- M.Tech. in Thermal and Propulsion
- M.Tech. in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- M.Tech. in Structures and Design
- M.Tech. in RF and Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech. in Digital Signal Processing
- M.Tech. in Control System
- M.Tech. in VLSI and Microsystems
- M.Tech. in Power Electronics
IIST 2023 Important Dates
Candidates must go through the following official schedule regarding IIST 2023:
|Online registration starts
|18th June 2023
|Last Date of online registration
|28th June 2023
|IIST admission rank list Publish date
|30th June 2023
|Date of Seat allotment/ acceptance round
|3rd to 27th July 2023
|Re-validation of registration of waiting list candidates
|3rd to 27th July 2023
|7th August 2023
|Spot admission notification (if required)
|28th July 2023
|Spot admission registration (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after the last round of seat allotment
|29th July to 2nd August 2023
|Spot admission registration- online (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after the last round of seat allotment
|3rd to 7th August 2023
|14th August 2023
|Commencement of classes
|16th August 2023
|7th to 11th August 2023
|Online application release
|6th April 2023
|Online submission of applications closed
|2nd May 2023
|Display of shortlisted candidates for the branches which have GATE as well as online interview
|16th May 2023
|Display of shortlisted rank list for PG programmes which is based on only GATE score
|17th May 2023
|Fee payment of First Allotment
|19th May 2023
|Interview for candidates for M.Tech in Earth System Science and Master of Sciences in Astronomy and Astrophysics
|23rd to 26th May 2023
|Display of rank list for M.Tech in Earth System Science and Master of Sciences in Astronomy and Astrophysics
|6th June 2023
|Reporting date at the Institution
|29th July 2023
|Classes begins for all PG Programmes
|31st July 2023
|Last Allotment for PG Admission
|11th August 2023
|PG Admission Closes
|14th August 2023
IIST 2023 Rank List
IIST 2023 rank list has been released on 17th May 2023 for PG courses. It has been made available from 30th June 2023 for UG courses. Category wise IIST Admission is generated only for those eligible candidates who have successfully registered online and have paid the registration fees.
IIST Admission rank list has been prepared based on the aggregate marks scored in the entrance test (If any) subject to satisfying the minimum marks. Tie between any candidates securing the same aggregate marks will be resolved by applying the procedure at the time of descending order.
IIST 2023 Cut off
IIST Cut off for admission has been released via online mode. Cut off marks are the minimum marks candidates have to score for further admission. Candidates must have secured minimum cut off marks to be eligible for entry.
Cut off list has been released based on rank, category, performance, in interview and availability of seats, etc. After releasing the cut off marks candidates will be called for counselling. It is mandatory for qualified candidates to participate in the counselling process.
The reservation criteria as per different category will be as follows:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)
|Other Backward Castes (OBC) – NCL
|Persons with Disabilities (PD)
IIST 2023 Counselling
IIST counselling session is organised via offline mode. The reporting at the institutes will commence from 29th July 2023. The authority has prepared the merit list of the candidates for each UG and PG course based on the JEE Advanced and JEE Main scores and GATE/ JEST/ UGC score.
Candidates who have registered online for admission and those who meet the eligibility criteria set by the university will be eligible. Candidates those who are designated need to participate for the counselling round personally. It is also mandatory to carry photostated & original documents for verification purpose.
Following is the complete list of required documents for the counselling procedure:
- Class X certificate OR birth certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) mark sheets (for those who appeared for this examination in 2022 and or 2023).
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2022 and or 2023).
- Category (EWS/ OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PD) certificates.
- Transfer certificate from the institute last attended.
- Candidate’s AADHAR Card.
- Entrance Test Score card & admit card
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIST 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the IIST Application Form 2023:
- Candidates can get the application form via online mode for both UG and PG courses.
- For UG courses, authority has released the application form from 18th June 2023 and for PG courses it has been started from 6th April 2023.
- Candidates need to fill all the details asked in the application form such as name, address, email id, qualification, etc. as incomplete details will lead to rejection.
- The application form will be accepted only of eligible candidates so candidates must check their eligibility before filling the form.
- Candidates will also have to upload their scanned photograph and caste certificate within prescribed format.
- While registration, candidates also have to provide their working phone number & mail ID as all important information will be sent to it.
- The last date to submit the application form for UG course is till 28th June 2023.
- The last date to fill application form for PG courses is till 2nd May 2023.
- Candidate need to take printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
- The application fee for the IIST 2023 can be paid via online mode.
- There are different payment gateways for the transaction such as credit card, debit card, net banking.
- For male, General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL, application fee is Rs. 600/-.
- Female, SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates have to submit Rs. 300/- as their application fee.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any case.
How to Apply for IIST 2023:
- Step-1: Candidates need to visit the website of the authority.
- Step-2: Click on the Registration button followed by clicking on the signup button.
- Step-3: Candidates need to sign up using a mobile number, email, name, and other required details.
- Step-4: Confirm your registration using an OTP sent to you at your e-mail from IIST.
- Step-5: Now login using your login credentials.
- Step-6: Fill all the details asked in the application form.
- Step-7: Upload the documents & images within prescribed format.
- Step-8: To complete the application form process candidate needs to pay the fee using online mode.
- Step-9: Take the printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
IIST 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check following eligibility norms regarding IIST 2023:
For UG Courses:
- Citizenship: Indian citizenship candidates are eligible for admission in IIST.
- Age Limit: Candidates belonging to General, EWS and OBC categories must be born on or after 1st October 1998 and 5-year relaxation will be provided to the reserved category candidates.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th intermediate conducted by any recognized Board/ University.
- Marks: Candidates should have obtained at least 75% for the general category & 65% for the reserved category (SC/ST).
- Subjects: Candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Entrance Test: Admission will be based on +2 and JEE Advanced 2023 scores.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: Upper age limit is 32 years as on 2nd May 2023. Age relaxation is applicable to for reserved category candidates.
- Qualifications: B.Tech/ B.E / M.Sc. or equivalent degree holder from any recognized institution.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% for general / EWS and OBC categories and minimum of 55% for reserved category candidates marks in the exam.
- Score Card: A valid score in GATE, UGC NET/ JEST exam will be mandatory.
If you have any other queries regarding IIST 2023, you can ask us by leaving your queries in the comment section below.