IMU CET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
IMU CET 2020 will be conducted by the Indian Maritime University. IMU CET is a national level entrance test organized once in every year to offer admissions into various UG & PG courses. The admission is offered to the candidates qualifying this All India Common entrance test in Marine engineering field. Admission will be provided in five campuses located in Cochin, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Vishakhapatnam. Go through this article to get updated details about application, dates, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria & much more of IMU CET 2020.
IMU CET 2020 Notifications – Admit Card Released for MBA
IMU CET 2020 Admit Card has been released on 30th December 2019 for MBA course. Check here for admit card details.
The following UG and PG programmes are offered by IMU through CET:
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- B.Sc. (Nautical Science, Maritime Science, Ship Building and Repair)
- Diploma (Nautical Science)
- MBA (Port & Shipping management and International transportation & logistics management)
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Dredging & Harbor Engineering, Marine engineering & management), etc.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below IMU CET important dates for various events below:
|Release date of application form||1st week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||2nd week of May 2020|
|Admit card releases||3rd week of May 2020|
|IMU CET 2020 Exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2020|
|Counselling process for UG & PG (except BBA)||2nd week of June 2020|
|Second list release for selected candidates||2nd week of July 2020|
|Third list release for selected candidates (if required)||2nd week of July 2020|
|Certificate verification||Last week of July 2020|
IMU CET 2020 Application Form
Check complete details of IMU CET 2020 Application form below:
- IMU CET 2020 Application Form will be filled through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill their application form from the first week of April 2020.
- Complete application process will consist of various steps – Online registration, filling details, uploading of documents and payment of application fee.
- Candidates have to upload scanned copy of the photograph, signature, 10th Mark Sheet & other relevant documents.
- Last date to fill the application form is till second week of May 2020.
- Candidate must register with working email ID/number as after submission of form login credentials will be sent.
Mode of Payment: Candidate will be able to pay the fee by online mode through net banking/credit card/debit card.
|General & OBC||Rs.1000|
|Reserved (ST/SC) candidates||Rs.700|
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Know the IMU CET Eligibility Criteria below for different programmes:
For B.Tech (Marine Engineering)/ B.Sc (Nautical Science):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have cleared their 12th level exams from a recognized board.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must score 60% marks in PCM & minimum 50% marks in English in class 10th/12th. In case of SC/ST, there will be 5% of relaxation in eligibility marks (not in English).
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate’s age must be between 17-25 years as on academic year. 5% relaxation for ST/SC.
For B.SC (Ship Building and Repair):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level exams from a recognized board.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must score 50% marks in PCM & minimum 50% marks in English in class 10th/12th. In case of SC/ST, 5% of relaxation will be given in eligibility marks (not in English).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed in BE/B.Tech in Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Naval Architecture from a recognized board.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidates must have secured at least of 60% marks in qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have done bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates are required to score minimum aggregate of 50% marks in qualifying subjects and 50% marks in English subject.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the IMU CET Exam Patten below:
- Exam mode: IMU CET 2020 will be held only through Online (computer-based) mode.
- Questions Type: The questions in the test will be of MCQ’s type.
- Number of questions: There will be total of 200 questions for UG and 120 questions for PG test.
- Time: 3 hours will be given to complete the paper.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answer.
Check the distribution of questions of IMU CET 2020 for UG programme:
|Subjects||No. of questions|
IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
IMU CET Syllabus for 2020 session will vary for UG and PG programmes. The UG test syllabus will be according to 10+2 level.
For UG Courses:
The Syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics studied at 12th level.
For MBA Course:
The Syllabus will include topics from Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.
For M.Tech Course:
The Syllabus will include topics from English, Mathematics & one of Mechanical Engineering/ Marine Engineering/ Naval Architecture/ Civil Engineering.
IMU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
Know various IMU CET preparation tips below to enhance your exam preparation:
- Candidates must concentrate on exam pattern & syllabus according to the course they have opted.
- Candidates must keep a track of latest news through newspaper, television media, and internet for General knowledge part.
- Candidates should make a proper time-table & follow the schedule on regular basis.
- Attempt mock test to know preparation standards.
- Make short notes for each topic & revise them.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
IMU CET 2020 Exam Centers
IMU CET 2020 exam will be conducted in various cities like Agra, Allahabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Faridabad, Guwahati, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Muzzafarpur, Kanpur, Kota, Kolkata, Madurai, Meerut, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida, Raipur, Ranchi, Siliguri, Srinagar, Trivandrum, Patna, Pune, Shimla, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam, etc.
IMU CET 2020 Admit Card
IMU CET Admit card will be released through online mode in the third week of May 2020. Candidates must check their email regularly as an automated email will be sent to candidate to download the admit card. No candidate will get their admit cards by post.
It is mandatory to carry the admit card on the exam day otherwise entry will not be allowed into the exam hall. Complete details of exam and appearing candidate will be contained in the admit card.
IMU CET 2020 Cut Off
On the basis of number of applicants, difficulty level, seats availability and other factors, the cut off will be decided. IMU CET 2020 Cut Off will decide whether the student will get qualified or not in the exam.
Through cut-off scores candidate will be able to apply in various colleges. Candidates who will successfully qualify the cut-off criteria will be called for counselling.
IMU CET 2020 Result
IMU CET 2020 Result will be announced online in the second week of June 2020. The result details can be checked by the students by logging in with the registered credentials.
Also, the scorecard will be released online. Overall rank & marks scored by the candidates in each section will be mentioned in the score-card.
By checking the score-card/result details, candidates will get to know their qualifying status for counselling process.
IMU CET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will get short-listed will have to register themselves online for counselling session. The online counselling will be held in IMU campuses only.
Various campuses will conduct their counselling separately. Candidates will have to bring their original qualification documents with physical fitness certificate.
Candidates are required to get themselves registered for admission in various campuses as per their choice. Also, candidates have to download their counselling letter pay counselling fee to participate in the counselling session.
Seats will be allocated as per the rank secured by students in the entrance test.
If you have any query regarding IMU CET 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.