JMI Admission 2018: Result, Merit List, Counselling & Admission
JMI 2018 Result for various courses has been declared now. Jamia Millia Islamia (Jamia Admission 2018) is a “A” grade Central University which is situated in New Delhi. JMI is a Deemed University which was established in 1920. The University offers various diploma, certificate, UG, PG & Ph.D courses in its affiliated institutions. Aspirants seeking admission in various courses of JMI are required to qualify the entrance test. Admission into UG engineering and architecture courses will be done on the basis of JEE Main. Also, admission into BDS course will be carried out through NEET. Candidates can get complete information of JMI Admission 2018 including result, dates, counselling, etc from this article.
JMI 2018 Notifications
Jamia Admission 2019 Application Form has been started for all courses from 25th February 2019. Check here for Jamia Admission 2019 details.
JMI 2018 Result for various courses has been declared now. Check here for result details.
Click here to view JMI Prospectus 2018.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
JMI 2018 Admit Card is available through candidate login. Click here to get admit card.
JMI 2018 Admission Form Correction can be done from 8th to 18th March 2018. Click here to make correction.
JMI 2018 Admission Form Last Date has been extended till 14th March 2018. Click here to fill the application.
JMI 2018 Admission Form for B.Tech & B.Arch courses has been released now. Click here to check JMI EEE 2018 details.
Jamia Admission Exam Dates 2018
Here we are providing the exam schedule for various courses offered by the university:
|Admission forms availability||2nd February to 14th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Date of editing the form||8th – 18th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Issue of admit card||17th April 2018|
|Exam date||April – August 2018 (on different dates)|
|Result declaration||Within one month after the exam date|
|Last date to submit qualifying exam result||15th September 2018|
|Acadmic Session Starts|
|Continuing Semester/Annual Classes||17th July 2018|
|First Semester/Ist Year Classes||1st August 2018|
|Doctoral Programmes||Applied Science & Humanities/Architecture/Biotechnology/Commerce & Business Studies/Computer Science/ Law/Mass Communication/Nanotechnology, etc|
|Masters Programmes||L.L.M./M.A./M.A.-M.Sc (Geography) / M.Arch / MBA / M.Com /MCA/M.Ed/M.F.A/M.Phil/M.Tech|
|Post Graduate Diploma Programmes||PG Diploma in Self-Financed/Computer Application/Digital Cartography/Educational Management/Journalism/Remote Sensing and GIS Application/T.V. Journalism|
|UG Programmes||B.A. /B.Com/B.A. L.L.B./B.A. (Hons.) / B.Arch / B.D.S. / B.E. / B.Ed/B.F.A./B.Sc./B.Tech/B.Voc/Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application|
|Advanced Diploma Programmes||Advanced Diploma in Modern Persian/Modern Arabic Language and Translation/and many other languages.|
|Diploma Programmes||Diploma in Engineering/Disaster Management/Languages/Tourism and Travel Management|
|Certificate Programmes||Certificates in Calligraphy and many languages|
JMI Result 2018
JMI 2018 result has been declared online on the website. There is no provision to request for re-checking/re-evaluation of answer sheets. A separate merit list is prepared by the University for each Course. The merit list is maintained on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam, applicable reservations and relaxations. The list of the selected candidates and waiting candidates will be displayed on the website. The result will not be sent to any candidate individually.
JMI Admission Procedure 2018
The admission will be provided only on the merit basis. The merit will be prepared on the basis of score in entrance exam and interview round. If any candidate fails to show their original certificates at the time of admission, then their admission will be rejected. JMI Counselling will be started after the declaration of result.
Documents required for admission:
- Mark sheet and Passing certificate of qualifying exam
- DOB Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Score card of JEE Main and NEET for admission to B.Tech, B.Arch and BDS programme respectively.
- Proof of Permanent Address
Jamia Admission 2019 will be administrated by the JMI (Jamia Millia Islamia). It offers admission in various courses in the field of humanities & language, law, engineering & technology, social sciences, etc. Admissions will be given on the basis of JMI entrance exam and other national level examinations.
JMI Admission Guidelines
- Admission to B.Tech/B.Arch will be provided on the basis of JEE Main score. For admission to BDS programme, candidates have to appear in NEET.
- For all other courses, admission will be offered on the basis of entrance exam conducted by JMI University followed by interview and other process.
- If candidate gains the marks less than 30% in the descriptive part of entrance exam, he/she will not be shortlisted for interview round.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
JMI Application Forms 2018
Before filling up the application form of JMI, candidates are instructed to read the prospectus carefully:
- Candidates have to fill the JMI application form 2018 in online mode only.
- Application form can be accessed from the official website of JMI. Alternatively, we have also provided the link for filling the application form.
- Application form was released from 2nd February 2018.
- Candidates can submit only one form for each programme/group of programme (with combined entrance test).
- The online submission of application form will consist of two phases, candidate’s registration (entry of basic details) and entrance application submission (choosing of programme, category, fee submission).
- The last date to fill the application form was the 14th March 2018.
- Candidates are informed not to send the hard copy of application form. However, must retain the hard copy with you for future references.
- Candidates can check the status of their application form on JMI website.
- Application fee for some of the programmes was Rs. 700/- while application fee for B.Tech/B.Arch courses was Rs. 500/-.
- The application fee can remitted through Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Once the fee is paid, it was non-refundable.
Click here to view Guidelines to fill the Application Form.
Eligibility criteria for JMI admission varies course-wise. The general eligibility criteria for admission in all courses are given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must qualify the qualifying exam from JMI or equivalent board/university. For UG courses, the qualifying exam is 10+2 while for PG courses, candidates must have done graduated in the relevant discipline.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates can also eligible to apply. They must submit the equivalent certificate before last week of September 2018.
JMI Application Correction
- Corrections was allowed only in some particular fields.
- Corrections in resevation category, prefrence, academic records & admission test centre can be done via login.
- Candidates can make corrections till 18th March 2018.
- Corrections in photograph, signature, name and course can be done by sending an permission Email to [email protected].
JMI Admit Card 2018
The admit card related information has been notified to the candidate on their registered mobile number through SMS by the university. The admit card has been released now. Once the admit card is issued on the website, candidate can avail it and print it. Candidates have to paste their recent passport size self-attested photograph in a specified place. Candidates are required to print the two photocopies of online generated admit card.
Jamia Exam Pattern 2018
Exam pattern of JMI is different for different courses. Candidates can check the previous years question papers to know the exam pattern.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer (except M.Phil and Ph.D).
Click here to view JMI Exam Pattern & Syllabus
If candidates have any query regarding JMI Admission 2018, they can leave their query in comment box given below.