JNU Admission 2023: Counselling (Started), UG/PG Merit List (Out)
JNU 2023 UG Merit List -4 has been released on 25th August 2023. 2nd Merit list has been released for PG courses. Cut Off has been released for List-4. Admissions in the University are followed by CUET (Common University Entrance Test). CUET is conducted by National Testing Agency for admission into various UG courses as well as post-graduate courses in Jawaharlal Nehru University.
The exam is conducted for shortlisting the candidates in various UG, PG level programs at JNU. It offers admission to the candidates who want to take admission in the field of Computer science, Engineering, Arts and humanities, etc. In this article, we have provided details about JNU Admission 2023 like exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, etc.
JNU Admission 2023 Notifications – Merit List -4 Out (UG)
JNU 2023 Merit List – 4 has been released for various UG courses. Check here for merit list details.
JNU 2023 2nd Merit List has been released on 25th August 2023 for various PG courses. Check here for merit list details.
JNU 2023 Cut Off (List 3) has been released for various UG courses. Check here for cut off details.
JNU 2024 (CUET UG/ PG) Exam will be held in the month of May/ June 2024. Check more details about JNU Admission 2024 here.
JNU Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University)|
|Organizing department||National Testing Agency|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Mode of exam||CBT mode|
|Level of exam||University level|
|Courses offered||UG & PG level|
|Selection procedure||For UG courses (through CUET UG scores); for PG courses (through CUET PG scores)|
JNU Admission 2023 Exam Dates
Check the official JNU Exam dates 2023 in the below given table for UG & PG:
For UG courses (through CUET UG):
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Online submission of application||9th February 2023|
|Last date to submit application||30th March 2023|
|Application correction||1st to 3rd April 2023|
|Announcement of exam city||30th April 2023 onwards|
|Release of admit card||19th May 2023 onwards|
|CUCET UG Entrance exam||21st May – 2nd June and 5th & 6th June 2023|
(Reserve dates- 7th & 8th June)
|Answer key release date||28th June 2023 (UG)|
|Result declaration||15th July 2023 (UG)|
|Commence of Counselling||16th July to 2nd August 2023|
For PG courses (Through CUET PG):
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Online submission of Application Form starts||20th March 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||19th April 2023 (5 pm)|
|Last date of transaction of examination fee||19th April 2023 (11.50 pm)|
|Application correction||20th to 23rd April 2023|
|Admit card||May/ June 2023|
|CUCET PG exam||1st to 10th June 2023|
|Answer key release date||13th July 2023 (PG)|
|Result declaration||20th July 2023 (PG)|
|Commencement of counselling||July/ August 2023|
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Online submission of Application Form||20th January 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||15th March 2023|
JNU 2023 Answer Key
The JNU 2023 Answer key has been released through online mode for various programmes. The answer key has been released for admission through CUET UG/PG. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can download the subject wise final answer key PDF.
NTA has released a provisional answer key before releasing the final answer key. If there are any changes in the answer key or any doubts, candidates can challenge the answer key. Final answer key has been released after the provisional answer key.
JNU Admission 2023 Result
After conducting the exam, authorities have declared the CUET UG/ PG result by online mode. Candidates can check their results by entering their registration details. JNU Admission 2023 result has been released on 15th July 2023 (UG) & 20th July 2023 (PG).
Based on the result, the authorities have released the merit list for admission to different courses. Those candidates who have their names in the merit list are invited to the counselling process.
JNU Admission 2023 Counselling
The JNU Counselling 2023 is conducted through offline mode. All those candidates who are shortlisted after the release of merit list are invited to participate in the counselling process. The counselling has been started for UG from 16th July 2023. For PG, it will begin soon.
During the counselling process, all the formalities of admission takes place. The university also verifies the documents of the candidates during the counselling process. The admission are confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fees.
Documents Required for Counselling
The following are the documents that candidates have to carry when reporting for document verification:
- Class 10th/ high school or its equivalent examination certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
- 10 recent color photographs
- Graduation Degree/ Mark sheet
- Master’s Degree/ Mark sheet
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
- SC/ ST/ OBC Category certificate, etc.
JNU Admission 2023 Admit Card
The JNU Admission 2023 admit card has been released for CUET UG/ PG through online mode. JNU admit card contain details such as candidate name, time, address, roll number, etc. To download the admit card candidate have to enter application number and password.
The authority does not send admit cards through post or any other offline method to the candidates. The candidate need to carry the admit card with them in examination hall as without it no candidate will be able to enter the hall.
JNU Admission 2023 Exam Pattern
Following is the complete JNU CUET Exam pattern 2023 for UG/ PG admissions:
For UG (CUET UG):
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through CBT mode (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The exam will be conducted on multiple days in three slots per day.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Number of questions: There are total of 100 questions in the paper.
- Medium: The medium of the paper will be English language.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for every correct answer and there will be no negative marking.
For PG (CUET PG):
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized via online (computer based) mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be have to solve the paper within 2 hours.
- No. of Questions: Each question paper will consists of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted
|Pattern||Question Paper||Paper Code|
|1||There will be 100 questions divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 Questions consisting of Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability
Part B: 75 Domain Knowledge Questions Comprising of Teaching Aptitude, Mathematics, Social Science & Science
|The no. of Questions will be 100 & divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 MCQ’s consisting of Language Comprehension, Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Mathematical/ Quantitative Ability & Analytical Skills
|PGQP02 to PGQP07 PGQP09 to PGQP37 PGQP39|
PGQP41 to PGQP59 PGQP61 to PGQ73 PGQP75 to PGQ77
|2||The no. of questions will be 100 and divided into two parts|
Part A : 25 Questions (Language Comprehension/Verbal Ability, General Knowledge, and Mathematical/Quantitative ability )
|PGQP08 PGQP74 PGQP78|
|The no. of questions will be 100 and divided into two parts|
Part A: 25 Questions (General Knowledge/Awareness, MathematicalAbility and Logical Reasoning) Part B: 75 Questions of specific language.
|3||100 Questions (Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability, Mathematical/ Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)||PGQP38|
|100 Questions (Language Comprehension/ Verbal Ability, General Knowledge/ Awareness, Computer Basics and Logical Reasoning)||PGQP40|
JNU Admission 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus depends on the candidates to choose the course during filling the application form. For the UG Programmes JNU (CUET UG) syllabus is of 11th and 12th class. Candidates can read the 11th and 12th class book topics.
For PG admission through CUET PG, the syllabus for exam will be based on UG level subjects/ topics.
Basically, the syllabus for the particular course includes the topics from the qualifying examination of that course.
- MA in Economics: Microeconomics, Descriptive Statistics, Problem of Economic History, Under development and growth.
- MCA: General aptitude, reasoning, mathematics and Computer Science.
- M.Tech in Statistical Computing: General aptitude, reasoning and Bachelor/ Master level mathematics, statistics and computer science, data science.
- BA (Hons.) 1st year in Foreign Languages: It contain questions from general knowledge, artificial language, short essays on issue related to the subject.
JNU Admission 2023 Preparation Tips
Following we have provided the complete JNU preparation tips for the examination:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
JNU Admission 2023 Application Form
Know here details about JNU 2023 Application form:
- The application form for JNU 2023 has been made available through online mode.
- The application form for UG course has been released on 9th February 2023 to 30th March 2023.
- Firstly, candidates’ registration is required for which they have to provide the basic details like name, father’s name, email, DOB, etc.
- The application form from JNU PG course has been released from 20th March 2023 to 19th April 2023.
- The authority also provides JNU correction facility to the candidates after completion of registration process.
- After providing all the information and uploading the documents, candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- Candidates must take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application fee for JNU Admission 2023 can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates can pay the application fee by using SBI/ Syndicate/ Paytm payment gateway through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI.
For UG courses (CUET UG):
|No of Subjects||General (UR)||OBC-NCL/ EWS||ST/ SC/ PWBD /Third gender||Centres outside India|
|Up to 3 subjects||Rs.750/-||Rs.700/-||Rs.650/-||Rs.3750/-|
|Up to 7 subjects||Rs.1500/-||Rs.1400/-||Rs.1300/-||Rs.7500/-|
|Up to 10 subjects||Rs.1750/-||Rs.1650/-||Rs.1550/-||Rs.11000/-|
For PG courses (CUET PG):
|Category||Within India||Outside India|
|Application fee (for upto three test papers)||Fee for additional test papers (per test paper)||Application fee (for up to three test paper)||Fee for additional test paper|
|General||Rs 1000/-||Rs 500/-||Rs 5000/-||Rs 1500/-|
|OBC-NCL/ Gen-EWS||Rs 800/-||Rs 400/-|
|SC/ ST/ 3rdgender||Rs 750/-||Rs 400/-|
|PWBD||Rs 700/-||Rs 400/-|
How to Apply for JNU Admission 2023:
- Visit the online website (link is given above).
- Apply for “Online Registration” using unique email id and mobile no.
- Candidates have to fill the application form details like personal, educational, address, etc.
- Uploading of scanned photo and signature.
- Pay the application fee using SBI/ Canara Bank payment gateway.
- Download and print copies of Confirmation page after successful application form and fee for future reference.
JNU Admission 2023 Eligibility
Check the complete JNU Eligibility Criteria 2023 for admission into various courses:
For B.A. (Hons) 1st year:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed their 12th level or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit should be 17 years as on 1st October 2023. There is no age limit for any other program.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their final examination 2023 are also eligible to apply for JNU.
- Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in BCA or its equivalent.
- Subject: Candidates must have Mathematics as their mandatory subject to be eligible.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
For MA Program:
- Qualification: Applying candidates must be Bachelors’ degree holders in any stream.
- Percentage: Candidates must obtain minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam to be eligible for admission.
For M.Tech. (Statistical Computing):
- Qualification: Candidates must have Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in the required stream to be eligible for admission.
- Subject: Candidates must have a master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, operational research, or in any other science branch.
- Percentage: Applying candidates must have score at least 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
If you have any other query related to JNU Admission 2023, you can ask your query in comments section below.