Karnataka Polytechnic 2018: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Admission18
Karnataka Polytechnic 2018 is the state level entrance exam of Karnataka state. Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka conducts the Karnataka Polytechnic admission every year. Candidates can get admission in the first year of Diploma courses in various governments/aided Polytechnic colleges on the basis of merit. The admission will be offered on the basis of score of the candidate’s in 10th board class. Numerous government/private colleges consider the merit prepared by the DTE. In this article, we are mentioning the Karnataka Polytechnic 2018 important dates, application form, eligibility criteria and admission procedure.
Karnataka Polytechnic Dates 2018
Here, the tentative dates regarding Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2018 are given:
|Online application form release from||2nd week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit the filled- in application form||Last week of May 2018|
|Merit declaration||3rd week of June 2018|
|Seat allotment||1st week of July 2018|
Karnataka Polytechnic Application Form 2018
Candidates can download the Karnataka Polytechnic application form and information brochure from the website.
- The filled in application form along with relevant documents and counterfoil of the bank challan should be produced in person to the nearest “Document Verification Cum online Application Submission Centres/Options Entry Help Centres”.
- The application form should be submitted before last week of May 2018.
- The printout of filled-in application must be preserved till the admission process gets over.
- Registration fee for General category is Rs 100/-. For SC/ST category, the fee is Rs. 50/-.
- The fee can paid in any branch of State Bank of Mysore to the Account of The Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority, Bangalore.
The eligibility criteria required for getting admission in the Karnataka polytechnic institutions is listed below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass the 10th/equivalent from any recognized board of Karnataka.
- Minimum Marks: It is compulsory to score minimum 35% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
- Subjects: The mandatory subjects in which candidate have to pass the qualifying examination is Science & Mathematics.
- Candidates who are applying the qualifying exam other than Karnataka Board have to produce the Eligibility certificate issued by the Secretary, Board of Technical Educations, Bangalore.
Seat Reservations for various categories are listed below:
|Kannada medium students||5%|
|Physically Disabled students||3%|
Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2018
The notification of Karnataka polytechnic admission will be issued by the Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka. The admission related information will be published in the leading newspapers of the state. The candidates can check the notification of admission procedure in the month of July. The information can also be checked from the website.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of marks obtained by them in the SSLC or equivalent examination.
- Candidates can choose their seats in various colleges, according to their priority.
- The performance of the candidate in matric exam will be considered for offering admission into various polytechnic institutions in the state.
- A separate merit list will be maintained on the basis of which 50% seats will be provided to the candidate’s on the basis of marks in 10th board exam.
- The remaining 50% seats are reserved for the various groups of society.
Documents required at the time of admission:
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- 10th passing certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Recent Passport Size photographs
- SSLC or equivalent mark sheet
- Eligibility certificate if passed the qualifying examination from other than Karnataka Board
In case of any query regarding Karnataka Polytechnic 2018, you may ask us by leave your query below in the comment box.