KVPY 2020: Application (Released), Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
KVPY 2020 Application Form has been released on 6th September 2020. Exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. KVPY entrance test is a national level entrance test organized for the selection of the eligible candidates on the basis of Aptitude Test & Interview organized by IISc. Through this entrance exam, candidates are provided scholarships up to Pre-Ph.D. level for their selection. Eligible candidates awarded with the scholarships will be able to pursue their career in the Research Science. Candidates can check various details regarding KVPY 2020 application, exam dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus and much more by reading this article.
KVPY 2020 Notifications – Application Released
KVPY 2020 Application Form has been released on 6th September 2020. Check here for application details.
KVPY 2021 Exam will be organised in first week of November 2021. Check complete details regarding KVPY 2021 here.
KVPY 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the official details of KVPY exam dates in the below given table:
|Online application form opening||6th September 2020|
|Online application form closing||5th October 2020|
|Admit card availability||–|
|KVPY 2020 Exam Date||31st January 2021|
|Answer key releases||–|
|Last date of interview||–|
KVPY 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below the following details regarding KVPY 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates are able to fill the KVPY 2020 Application Form through online mode.
- The Application process consists of certain steps – Registration, Filling details in the application, uploading documents, making exam preference and making application fee payment.
- No changes in KVPY 2020 application form is entertained after submission.
- Candidates must upload their recent passport size photograph with scanned signature in the given format.
- Candidates must register using their valid e-mail ID & phone number to get login credentials.
- Students applying after class 11th have to apply under SA stream and those applying after 12th have to apply under SX stream. For the candidates pursuing B.Sc Basic sciences (1st year) are required to apply under SB stream.
- The form fee for General/ OBC Category is Rs. 1250/-
- The form fee for SC/ ST category is Rs. 625/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode. The mode of payment is through credit card, debit card or net-banking.
KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check KVPY Eligibility Criteria before applying for admission under various streams:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian National citizen in order to apply for KVPY 2020.
For SA Stream:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed their 10th level from a recognized board.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates must have passed 10th level with compulsory subjects of Science & Mathematics.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing: Students who are appearing in 11th level are also eligible to apply.
For SX Stream:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates must have passed 12th level with Science subjects (PCB / PCM).
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored minimum 75% marks in class 12th (65% for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing: Candidates who will be appearing or waiting for their 12th level result are also eligible to apply.
For SB Stream:
- Qualification: Candidates appearing in the first year of their UG degree are also eligible to apply.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates studying in UG degree in Basic Sciences must have science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Stat/B.Math. /Int. MS. /Int. M.Sc.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored 60% marks (50% for reserved category candidates) in Mathematics & Science in 12th
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the KVPY Exam Pattern before starting their exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: KVPY 2020 entrance exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Medium: The language of the paper will be in English & Hindi medium.
- Questions Type: The paper will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ) in the paper.
- Attempts: In the SA stream, it is compulsory to attempt all questions. While in SB/SX stream, students have an option to attempt any three sections in Part I and two sections in Part II.
- Time Duration: Total of 3 hours time will be given to complete the test.
- Maximum Marks: The entrance exam will be of 100 marks.
The distribution no. of questions in each stream is given in the table below:
For Stream SA:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
For Stream SB/SX:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
KVPY 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can prepare for KVPY 2020 entrance test from the topics of 10th, 12th, and 1st year UG syllabus as per the selected stream. There will be no prescribed KVPY syllabus for the entrance test. The aptitude test will be design to test analytical ability & understanding of candidate’s knowledge.
Mock tests will be also conducted by the board so that candidates get familiar with the pattern of written examination.
KVPY 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through various KVPY preparation tips to enhance your preparation of the entrance test and score well in the test:
- Solve past question papers and sample papers to enhance exam preparation.
- Prepare time table & follow it on regular basis.
- Go through the complete syllabus & pattern of KVPY 2020.
- Do some yoga & meditation to improve your concentration power.
- Attempt mock test daily to know your preparation level and thereby make changes according to it.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
KVPY 2020 Exam Centers
KVPY 2020 will be held in these mentioned cities across India – Agarthala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Ambala, Aurangabad, Belagavi, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Durgapur, Ernakulum, Guwahati, Hubbali, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore, Jabalpur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mohali, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rourkela, Salem, Siliguri, Trivandrum, Varanasi & Vishakhapatnam.
Once an exam center is allotted, no request for change will be entertained by the board.
KVPY 2020 Admit Card
KVPY 2020 Admit Card will be released through online mode. Applicants who will successfully submit the application form will be able to download their admit card in the October 2020. Candidates are required to carry admit card along with ID proof to appear for exam.
To download the admit card candidates have to enter their application number. Admit card will contain all the details regarding KVPY 2020 entrance exam like exam date, time, venue, exam instruction, etc.
KVPY 2020 Answer Key
Before the result announcement, board will also release KVPY 2020 Answer Key in online mode. Through answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks scored in the entrance exam. Candidates will be able to check the answer key as per their streams chosen by them.
Candidates will be able to check the answer key in the month of January 2021. To access answer key candidates have to enter their login credentials.
KVPY 2020 Cut Off
The board will release KVPY 2020 Cut-Off marks for various streams and categories. Candidates will have to score the cut off marks or more than the cut-off marks to qualify the entrance test and get admission. The cut-off will be release through online mode by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
The qualifying cut-off (out of 100) for each stream & category is discussed in the table below:
|Streams||General||SC/ ST/ PWD|
KVPY 2020 Result
KVPY 2020 Result will be declared in January/ February 2021. To check the result students have to enter their login credentials.
The merit list will be prepared and released for each stream (SA, SB, and SX) separately. Candidates who will reach minimum cut off will be listed in the merit list.
It will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance shown in the entrance test. The candidates who will get short-listed will be further called for selection or counselling process.
KVPY 2020 Counselling/ Selection
Candidates will get a call for KVPY 2020 Selection Process on the basis of their performance of the examination. The selection process will include interview rounds. The board will organise interviews for the qualified & selected candidates in February 2021.
Candidates will be informed about interview rounds through SMS or mail. For the document verification process, candidates have to bring the following documents:
- Printed copy of Application Form
- KVPY 2020 Interview Letter
- KVPY 2020 Admit Card
- Class 10th original & Photostatted Mark sheet
- Class 12thoriginal &Photostatted Mark sheet
- Category certificate
- A Self-Appraisal Form
- Study Certificate Form, etc.
If you have any other query related to KVPY 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.