Law Admission in India 2020
Law courses in India are very popular among the students. In India there will be various government and private law colleges/universities where one can pursue his/her study in Law. Candidates can get admission in various law courses such as LL.B, Integrated LL.B, LL.M and doctoral courses. To become a professional law graduate in India candidates can appear in various entrance exams of Law. Through this article, candidates can get detailed information on Law admission in India 2020.
The admission into Law programmes will be offered through national and state level entrance exams. Some of the universities and colleges offer the direct admission on the basis of 12th class marks.
Some universities also offer the online law programmes. Candidates can appear in the exam and get admission on the basis of their ranks in the entrance test.
There are numbers of national level and state level entrance exams though which candidates can enter in the various law courses. The candidates can appear in CLAT (Common law Admission Test), AILET (All India Law Entrance Test), LSAT (Law School Admission Test), etc entrance exams. Some universities conducted their own entrance test for offering admission in the Law courses such as AP LAWCET, TS LAWCET, MH CET Law and many others.
Top Law Colleges in India
In India, there are numbers of reputed colleges and universities those offer different law courses in UG and PG. Some of the top law colleges in India are National Law Universities, Uttaranchal University, Symbiosis Law School, ICFAI University, ILS Law College, University of Delhi and many others.
Law Admission 2020
The admission in the law colleges will be offered through various entrance exams. So, candidates have to fulfill the eligibilities which are given below in order to be eligible for the exam and admission.
- There is no maximum age limit to appear in the CLAT exam.
- Candidates those seeking for admission in law UG courses must pass their 12th examination with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- For admission in law PG courses, candidates should have the LL.B or its equivalent degree from a recognized university/college with minimum of 55% marks (50% for reserved categories).
- Candidates those are study in their final year of qualifying exam can also apply.
After appearing in the entrance exam, the concerned authority will generate the list of shortlisted candidates for the counselling. The candidates have to attend the counselling on date and time prescribed by the authority. In the counselling candidates have to select the choice of colleges and courses for which they are looking for. On the basis of candidate’s ranks and availability of seats, the seats will be allotted to them. Candidates can report to the allotted college for final admission.
Candidates must carry the given below list of documents at the time of counselling.
- 10th & 12th Class Mark Sheets
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Graduation Passing Certificate (If applicable)
- LLB/BL Degree Passing Certificate (If applicable)
- Category Certificate
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam
- Rank Card of Entrance Exam
- Passport-size Photographs
If you have any other queries about Law Admission in India 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.