Chennai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

MBBS Admission in Chennai 2020Chennai (previously known as Madras) is situated in the eastern India in the Bay of Bengal. The capital of Tamil Nadu (Chennai) houses most of the reputed medical colleges. The courses offered in the state have approval of MCI and DCI. Candidates can complete their graduation and post graduation in the medical field from top colleges of Chennai. The literacy rate of Chennai is around 90.33%. Candidates those who wants Chennai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020, can read this article completely and get all related details.

Get latest news & updates about Chennai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Chennai MBBS Admission 2020

Admission Procedure

The admission in the MBBS and BDS course will be based on the national level entrance exam, i.e., NEET. No state level entrance exam will be organized in the state for admission into medical & dental programmes.

All governments & private colleges considered the NEET score card for admission into MBBS/BDS courses. 85% state quota seats will be allotted through the counselling conducted by the state medical authorities

Entrance Exams

On the basis of NEET national level entrance exam, the seats will be allotted in the MBBS courses. The exam is organized by the NTA. Candidates must appear in this entrance exam and get admission in the state colleges of Chennai.

There is no other way to get admission in medical colleges all over the country except NEET. However, candidates those wishing to get admission in AIIMS medical colleges or JIPMER must apply for NEET examination. For admission in PG medical courses, students can apply through NEET PG exam.

Top Medical Colleges in Chennai

Chennai has many reputed medical colleges and institutions those offer the education in MBBS & BDS field. Some of the top medical colleges in Chennai are Tamilnadu Madras Medical College,  Government Kilpauk Medical College, Tamil Nadu Government Dental College, SRM Medical College Hospital and Research and many more.

Chennai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

For MBBS admission candidates had to fill NEET application form. The eligibility criteria required to appear in the entrance exam are as follows:

• Candidate should belong to the Indian national.
  • Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) is also eligible to apply.
  • The lower age limit to apply is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
  • The upper age limit is 25 years and 5 years of age relaxation for reserve categories.
  • Applying candidate should pass the 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board.
  • The qualifying examination should pass with minimum of 50% marks (40% for reserve category candidates) in PCB and English subjects.
  • Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.

Selection Procedure

After the publication of written result, the concerned authority will publish the merit list for admission into MBBS/BDS course. It is necessary for the candidates to score the minimum cut-off marks to be eligible for the counselling. Candidates those seeking for admission into Medical and Dental courses in Chennai can appear in 85% state quota counselling.

On the basis of merit list, candidates can apply for the counselling procedure in their preferred colleges. NEET counselling will be monitored by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) & Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Candidates can download the seat allotment letter from the respective website to report the allotted college for final admission.

Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Documents Required

Candidates must bring the given below documents while appearing in the counselling.

• NEET 2020 Admit Card
  • NEET 2020 Rank Card
  • Intermediate Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • Matric Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • Category Certificate
  • Domicile Certificate
  • Character Certificate
  • Migration Certificate
  • Passport Size Photographs

If you have any other queries about Chennai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.

1. Vani says:

We are OCI holders and my son has been studying in Tamil Nadu from 10th std. Is he eligible for the 85% TN state quota for MBBS?

2. Kbk says:

We are NRI looking for admission in tamilnadu. We are native of tamilnadu. Can we compete in state quota in govt colleges? And whether all india quota is there in deemed universities like ramachandra medical college?

3. Yacoob Sheik says:

In the 2018-19 MBBS/BDS application form it is not mentioned to get attestation from Gazetted Officer on the candidate photo. Is it necessary to get or leave the photo without attestation?

4. Richu says:

I am a natve of kerala and I have scrd 451 mrks in neet2018. Will I be able to get admssn in any prvte mdcl cllge for MBBS?

5. Richu says:

I am a natve of kerala and i have scrd 451 mrks in neet2018. Will i get admssn in any tamilnadu prvte cllg?.

6. Keerthana says:

Sir I am already wrote neet 2017 exam, I am qualified but I have no medical seat so I will apply this year in previous year neet, I am sc

7. suresh says:

my daughter has studied in abroad until 10 th standard (in indian school – cbse board), and migrated to india (tamilnadu) to study 11 th and 12 th standard in state board school – and has taken neet exam this year, need suggestion during councellig whether she should be eligible under normal category, i have got the nativity certificate.

8. R Chinnadurai says:

Sir, My daughter got 285 marks in NEET. Can she get admission in OBC Cotagery?

9. RAVICHANDRAN says:

my son got 224 marks OBC -NCL category what is the chances of MBBS in Tamilnadu We belongs to Chennai is the migration certificate and domicile certificate is required to apply for colleges in Tamilnadu

10. khan says:

i am from chennai . but i hv cmpltd my education from odisha. and i scored 223 in neet. can i apply for mbbs in chennai ?

11. sai says:

I got 200 marks in neet 2018 from TELANGAÑA. can i get seat in AIQ quota in sc category in govt or pvt in TAMILNADU..?

12. Zahiruddin says:

I got 164 marks in neet 2018.
    What should i do further to get mbbs seat.Do i have to register in mcc or application form issued by state govt itself is enough?
    Pls guide me

13. C.S.Panicker says:

I am a Central Govt employee and working in Tamilnadu since last 4 years 6 months and native of Kerala. My son studied in TN from 9th to 12th in TN. We are from OBC. We have Ration Card and Aadhar in Tamilnadu.

(a) Is my son eligible to apply for TN state quota MBBS?
    (b) In which category General or OBC in Tamilnadu.

14. Anant says:

I have domicile of Bihar. Is I’m eligible for MBBS in TAMILNADU?

15. Saran says:

I got 154 in neet.OBC category. Can I get gov clg seat???

16. SASIKALA PRIYADHARSHINI.V says:

I got 154 marks in neet 2018. Can I get seat in Private colleges under government quota. I belongs to MBC (OBC) category

17. Neef says:

361 best mark belongs to schedule can I get mbbs

18. Jefferson says:

My parents are tamilians but I completed my 10th & 12th in Dubai.we are settled in puducherry our ration card and all other documents belongs to puducherry. Am I eligible for85%state quota in tamil Nadu?

19. Sandeep moond says:

Tamil nadu private medicle college addmisiin kaise hoga mere neet 300marks aa rahe h or haryanaka domocile h tamil m addmisiin ho sakta h kya

20. Nikhil ps says:

We are from Kerala and my son studied 11 and 12 in tamilnadu and his birth certificate, community certificate belong to Kerala then adhar card and ration card belongs to Tamil nadu .so weather he is eligible for state quota in Tamil nadu

21. Moni says:

Sir, My daughter is a domicile of Kerala; i would like to know if she’s eligible for MBBS seat in Tamil Nadu 15% AIQ?

22. sabharish says:

can you pls,what’s the counselling date for mbbs admission in tamilnadu state quota.

23. pooja says:

I am a native of kerala and completed my 12th (cbse) from kerala itself. will i be able to apply for gov. colleges in tamil nadu ?

24. Minimathew says:

Hi Iamresiding at Kerala got sponsorship in Cmc vellore .i don’t have domicile certificate of tamilnadu. I can attend counciling or not

25. Sammed ali says:

I have to apply before neet exam or after result

26. Joy says:

Hello.
    We are Maharashtra domicile holder .
    What is the procedure to apply through TamilNadu admission process for MBBS colleges .
    Please guide

27. Anusha A says:

My family is in Kerala and I am studied in Kerala from LKG.But I have the nativity certificate in TAMILNADU.Aadhaar in Kerala.Am I eligible for admission in 85% state quota

28. Ahamed says:

My son completed 10th std in Dubai. If he completes his 12 th std in Dubai, will he be considered as NRI ? If he writes NEET, how will the fee structure be for MBBS? If he studies 11th and 12 th std in Tamilnadu,will he be considered as life cal or NRI?

29. Acsah says:

I am a student from Kerala will I be able to apply for counselling process of tamilnadu for Mbbs admissions In tamilnadu .I am not a resident of tamilnadu.

30. Vijay balaji says:

Iam from madurai and I’ve scored 50% PCB in my 12 std ,last year in Neet 2017 I’ve scored 137 ,this year if i’ll score 300+ am I eligible to apply for private medical colleges in tamilnadu and Pondicherry if it possible please provide any MBBS agency number !!!!!!!

31. Dilu says:

I am a 12 the standard cbse student from Kerala am I eligible for 15 percentage all India quota in Tamil Nadu I don’t have any connections in Tamil Nadu

32. S.Prema Latha says:

my parents are Tamilian.In my Father 10th certi.Place of birth-
    Kerala.i am studied in Kerala from LKG. Am i eligible to apply Tamilnadu MBBS all India quota?. which certificate is required for admission?

33. Raja Foulger says:

My grand daughter is a US citizen by birth
    she is studying in a American school in Chennai
    can she apply for MBBS with out appearing for NEET
    any private colleges or govt. collages

34. Nishidha says:

My family is in Kerala.I have community certificate & ration card in tamilnadu.I studied in Kerala from LKG.Audhar in Kerala.Am i eligible for admission in tamilnadu under state quota.

35. Tasleem says:

My parents are Tamilians and I was born in Chennai. But I grew up aboard and studied and completed 12th in Karnataka (4 years only). Am I eligible for 85% state quota in Tamilnadu in case I am not eligible in Karnataka?

36. Jebin Raj says:

I am a native of Kanyakumari. Have my nativity, community certificate, Rationcard from TamilNadu but completing my 8th to 12th education from Kerala.Will I be eligible in 85% state quota for MBBS in Tamilnadu