Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

MBBS Admission in Tamil Nadu 2020Tamil Nadu, a south Indian state has a number of medical institutions. In its capital city of Chennai, there are various top reputed universities those offer UG & PG medical and dental courses. It shares its border with three states, i.e. Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. Many candidates visir here to complete their graduation and post graduation in medical field. The average literacy rate of this state is 80.09%. In this article we have mentioned the detailed information of Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020.

Get latest news & updates about Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Admission Procedure

The admission procedure is consists of appearing in the entrance exam, registration for the counselling, choice filling for colleges, report to allotted colleges for admission and payment of the admission fee. Candidates to get admission in MBBS & BDS courses should appear in the national level entrance exam.

Entrance Exams

There is a NEET-UG entrance exam which is conducted to get admission in UG medical courses (MBBS/BDS). NEET PG is conducted for postgraduate medical courses (MD/MS).

Through NEET, candidates those wishing to get admission in the state medical colleges can get admission followed by the counselling procedure.

For admission in AIIMS, candidates can have to appear in NEET exam to get admission in AIIMS institutions as well as JIPMER campuses.

Top Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu

Tamil Nadu has various reputed colleges those offer UG and PG courses in the field of medical. Some of the top medical colleges in Tamil Nadu are:

• Madras Medical College, Chennai
  • Government Vellore Medical College, Vellore
  • Christian Medical College, Vellore
  • Government Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, etc.

Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

The admission in the medical colleges will be offered through the entrance exam. So, candidates have to fulfill the eligibilities which are given below in order to be eligible for the exam and admission.

• Candidate should be India citizen.
  • OCI candidates can also apply.
  • The lower age limit to apply in NEET is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
  • The upper age limit is 25 years and 30 years for SC/ST candidates.
  • Candidates should clear the 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognized board with PCB and English subject.
  • Candidates those studying in 12th are also eligible to apply.
  • The candidate should obtain 50% minimum marks (40% for reserve category candidates) in the qualifying exam.

Selection Procedure

For admission into medical colleges of Tamil Nadu in MBBS course, candidates must appear in NEET entrance exam. The admission in medical courses will be done through the counselling procedure.

For counselling, candidates have to register on the concerned website and pay the counselling fee. The seats will be allotted after the completion of the document verification round.

The seat allocation will be done on the basis of NEET rank secured by the candidates, choice filled and availability of seats.

After seat allotment, candidates are required to report to the allotted college for completing the admission formalities.

Chennai MBBS/BDS Admission 2020

Documents Required

Candidates must carry the some documents in original to produce at the time of document verification.

• NEET 2020 Admit Card
  • NEET 2020 Rank Card
  • 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
  • Category Certificate
  • Domicile Certificate
  • Character Certificate
  • Migration Certificate
  • Passport-size Photographs

If you have any other query about Tamil Nadu MBBS/BDS Admission 2020, you can write us in the comment box given below.

1. Subramanian says:

My son studied from LKG to X Std. in Tamil nadu. PLUS ONE AND PLUS TWO in Karnataka (CBSE Board). Is my son eligible for applying medical counseling in Tamilnadu govt. quota (85%).

2. nadesan says:

To get government college application for state counselling forms issued only to the candidate or their parent can collect

3. Anitha says:

My father is working for Govt. Of India undertaking company which is a transferable job. I hv studied from 9th to 12 in tamilnadu. I am a resident of Maharashtra. Can I apply for 85%state quota in tamilnadu?

4. john says:

When will the application for counselling will be released..

5. Srividhya says:

My son is studying in Dubai from KG 1 to Grade XII. Now he is appearing for NEET EXAM. Are we eligible to apply in Tamil Nadu state quota if we have nativity/ domicile certificate

6. Maya says:

Sir,I’m resident of kerala.what I have done to get admission in thamilnadu.it is possible through comedk?

7. P.Ravichandran says:

is thete any percent of seats for management to fill undet neet marks in tamil nadu private medical colleges?

8. Lara D'Souza says:

I am from Mumbai appeared HSC and will be appearing NEET on May 6 2018 and interested in taking admission in CMC vellore. Should I apply through online TamilNadu or through all India Govt MCC (All India UG Medical seats) Kindly advise.

9. Jayashree says:

My daughter will appear for NEET in Karnataka. what is the procedure for applying for seats in Tamilnadu.

10. Srinath B.R says:

Now i appear the meet 2018 and i got near 270 app if i got self finance in tamilnadu medical colleges i am tamilnadu student

11. Kusum says:

May I know when will be the announcement of counselling procedures for MBBS/BDS admission in Tamil Nadu

12. Rani says:

In admit card, parent name are interchanged. Any issues to attend NEET exam on that day?

13. Maya says:

Sir I am resident of kerala.i would like to study in thamilnadu then which exam more prefer to me get admission easy comedk/neet? How much mark/rank obtained to get admission through comedk.for thamil nadu comedk is applicable?

14. snega sri a says:

sir,my daughter now studying in 9th standard in Tamilnadu. my husband job transfer to other state . we shifted family to other state. so my daughter got admission 9th standard .if she complete her studies (9th, 10th, +1,+2)in other state. she is eligible for 85% quota (NEET) in Tamilnadu. please reply soon.

thank you sir.

15. Raghuram says:

Sir, I am a NRI but my family resides in Chennai. Is my daughter eligible for admission under NRI quota? If yes, what are terms and conditions and the approx fees structure? When will the category of admission be decided and by whom? What is the generic admission quota structure? I would be grateful if all my questions are responded to.

16. purushothaman says:

Sir, My daughter is from kerala she is doing neet 2018 and what is the procedure to study mbbs in thamilnadu other than 15% all india quata in government and private medical colleges.Please give guidance.

17. Raziya says:

Sir iam resident of Karnataka ….n I wanted to study MBBS in Tamil nadu…. should i go through counseling process in Tamil nadu or should i do direct admission based on my neet score……..PLZZ tell me sir

18. anushka says:

i have applied at CMC Vellore for MBBS, but in bulletin it is advised to apply for MBBS admission through the counselling process of the Government of Tamil Nadu.kindly guide in the matter.

19. Sir I’m a resident of kerala . I would like to study in Tamil nadu / Karnataka private medical colleges. Currently im doing neet coaching . Can i only apply for the 15 % seat or is there any other procedures like COMEDK ?

20. shravya says:

sir,i am studying 12th and appeared for neet 2018…becoz of my dad’s job i got transfer to different places..i actually studied from 1st to 7th in AP and 8th to 12th in tamil nadu….so now i want to apply for tamil nadu medical colleges..and i dont have any domicile certificate..so i m eligible for tamil nadu kota??
    what should else i have to provide for counseling??

i ll regard as great pleasure if you reply soon
    thank you.

21. Hema says:

My daughter born in tamilnadu but doing studies in cbse board in dubai. Can she apply mbbs in tamilnadu quota apart from all india quota.

22. Teena says:

I am appearing for NEET 2018., also applied for CMC Vellore. CMC mentioned in their website that we need to apply TN counselling process. please info the procedure for apply. I am from Karnataka . Please reply fast

23. john says:

my son birth at KERALA studied 3rd to 12 in TN.RATION CARD also in TN.IS He eligible to apply TN medical colleges?
    shall we produce domicile certificate from TN?
    FOR this where we have to approach?

24. S. Baskaran says:

Sir,my son is studying +2 CBSE stream. Whether he will come in 85% quota in tamilbadu. Or any separate allotment within this 85%. Kindly reply me.

25. raghu says:

My daughter studied up to 10th in Saudi and +1 & +2 in chennai. can we apply for government quota MBBS in Tamilnadu. we are native of tamilnadu

26. raghu says:

My daughter studied up to 10th in saudi and +1 & +2 in chennai. We are native of tamilnadu. can we apply in Govt quota.

Yes, she can apply.

• Rajesh Wadhwa says:

My daughter did 11th and 12th from CBSE School in Chennai. Will she get state TN quota for MBBS admissions 2018 ? She is a General category candidate and native of Puducherry.

All states have their own eligibility criteria. It will be known to you after the neet result.

27. Dinesh Kumar says:

I studied in Pondicherry .Tell me whwther i can get Mbbs in Tamilnadu

28. Selvakumar S says:

Sir What is migration certificate ?
    Tamilnadu domicile studying in Tamilnadu should also produce migration certificate ?

29. Your Name... says:

Is 12th marks considered in tamilnadu medical colleges?

30. afreen says:

my sister had studied till 10th in Kerala (ICSE BOARD), 11 & 12th she is doing in Bangalore. is she eligible for getting admission in TN colleges??

31. Prasanna kumar says:

My son studied in tn from 5th to 10th. And studied 11n 12 in andhra pradesh. Is he eligible to apply in tn for mbbs counseling

32. Anonymous says:

Hi sir ,
    i have did my schooling in Kendriya vidyalaya , i m from Kerala . as my father he is in army i have studied 8-12std in chennai ! Can i apply for state counselling ? what are the documents that are required .
    kind regards
    Anonymous

All information related to state counselling will be provided after the declaration of neet result.

• Malathi.N says:

No worries.since you have studied 5 years in Tamilnadu you are eligible for Tamilnadu state quota. you have to produce your schooling certificates(TC and mark sheets of 10 and 12 grade) and domicile certificate. Good luck.

33. Lubna says:

If my daughter continues her grade 9 to 12 in Chennai.. will she get her domicile certificate…
    If no then what shd she do?

34. B.venkatesh says:

Sir my daughter is studying 1st-12th std in tamilnadu.she was born in karnataka.will there be any problem in appearing in councelling
    What is migration certificate kindly clarify

No, problem in attending the counselling. Migration certificate is issued by the school after leaving class 12th.

35. KRISHNAKUMAR says:

I want to know whether there is quota for MBC in MBBS ADMISSION IN Tamilnadu. How will they distinguish candidates
    while selection

36. Smitharamesh says:

My cousin is appearing for NEET 2018.She wants to apply for CMC vellore. Currently she is doing her +2 in kerala and a keralite. I just want to know if she has to register in TN counselling process, as the CMC website mentioned. When it will starts. Kindly reply.

37. Sudev karakkad says:

I’ll be appearing for NEET2018. I would like to get details regarding admissions to private medical colleges in Tamil Nadu( management seats)

38. Venkadeswari says:

I was born in tamilnadu,studied from 1st std till 11th in kerala. Did my 12th and B.Sc in TN.my son studying 12th in karnataka, is he eligible to apply for the TN mbbs apart from meet.

39. LISA NAVYA SAJI says:

When shud v apply 4 d counselling..?? It will be mire helpful if u give me the concerned website also..

40. raji varghese says:

my daughter is preparing for NEEt 2018. she wishes to apply for MBBS IN Tamilnadu. She studied in Kerala and a native of Kerala. What all procedures have to be completed for MBBS Admission

41. Roy T says:

When does the registration for mbbs admission in Tamil Nadu start?

42. sharan g shajan says:

I am a keralite.Whether we must register for tamilnadu state entrance for the admission to CMC Vellore??

Not necessary.

• Tomy Paul says:

My daughter appearing Neet,also applied for CMC Vellore.CMC mentioned in their website that need to apply TN counselling proces.please info the procedure for apply.We are Keralite

• Dr.Lalnunnemi says:

43. Shashikala says:

Sir, my husband nativity in tamilnadu, serving in Indian Army, but son born and studied in Karnataka K V school, can he apply in tamilnadu , what document to be produ

44. Dilukrishna says:

Sir, I completed my 10+2 from vocational stream .I’m a resident of kerala .Am i eligible for admission to MBBS in tamilnadu through 15% quota ?. I am eligible for NEET 2018.NEET has no such restrictions.But Govt. Of TN prospectus 2017 says Candidates who passed10+2/HSC in Vocational Stream and private candidates are not eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu Medical admission.How will this effect 15% quota counselling 2018.pls reply

45. Akshay Nehra says:

I need to know that what are these concerned websites for counseling can I get name of these websites

46. Saji p soman says:

Sir
    Whether the counciling registration is doing before or after the next examination.

47. MURUKESAN.S says:

my birth certificate in Tamilnadu.my study’s in Kerala.my mother is a native of tamilnadu. Myfather is a native of kerala. Adhaar and outher address at Kerala at now.if I get TN MBBS seat?

48. Soumya says:

Can I know the last date to apply the entrance exam

49. fathima firdhousia says:

my birth certificate in Tamilnadu.my study’s in Kerala.I am Muslim (BCM)Adhaar and outher address at Kerala at now.if I get TN MBBS seat.also get BCM QUOTA seat?

50. Vishwanathan Pillai says:

My DAUGHTER IS STUDYING IN Class 12th she is appearing for the Neet Exam 2018 what would b the procedures required to get admissions in any of the Medical College in Chennai moreover i have a business in chennai need to stay there as am a Director of a Pvt Ltd Company registered under Chennai ROC

51. rahul says:

I am from Kerala.I wish to apply for MBBS admission in Tamil Nadu.Should am l eligible for that if I passed the neet exam

52. Mani.S says:

Hi
    My son (NRI, born in Tamilnadu) is studying in 12th grade in one of USA high school.
    Here, school board won’t provide marks in percentage, but in grade like grade A,(between 90 and 100 percentage), grade B (between 80 and 90 percentage), grade C (between 70 and 80).
    Out of 7 subjects in 10th grade, he got 5 grade A’s and 2 grade B’s. Please let me what marks should I fill his 10th grade marks in NEET application form.

Here, student can finish +2 by taking only one biology (either regular, honors,or Advanced Placement), one Chemistry (regular or Honors or Advanced placement), Physics 1 and/or 2 (either regular or Honors or Advanced Placement) in 9th grade or 10th grade or 11th grade or 12th grade.

He took chemistry in 10th grade,physics in 11th and 12th grade and biology in 12th grade. What is the eligibility code that he has to fill out in his application?

Please let me know step by step process by which following certificates can be obtained.

Category Certificate
    Domicile Certificate
    Character Certificate
    Migration Certificate.

Thanks

53. Akanksha says:

Do I now need to submit any form in the colleges to get admission after qualifying neet? Please tell me something about the procedures.

54. CK says:

My son is born in pondicherry now he study’s in Karnataka, our native is Tamil nadu can i apply medical for my son in Tamil nadu

55. Vishnu says:

What is the procedure and eligibility conditions for resgisteration for councelling .

56. Arya says:

Do they 12th marks along with neet score in counselling in Tamil nadu

57. sabu vg says:

I am a keralite can i get admission for mmbbs in tamilnadu wether i have to aply in tamilnadu board?

• Malathi.N says:

No, you cannot apply for TN state quota, except 15 % All India quota.It was a big issue in MBBS counseling last year if they catch you it will be a big black mark on your child’s future studies.Last year they caught some Keralites during the counseling session. So do not do that.

58. Ajay Raj says:

59. Shyam Kishor Prasad says:

When registration start for Tamil Nadu MBBS and is it on line or off line.

60. sunil raj gopal says:

need admission for my daughter completed plus 2 and undergoing coaching for Neet entrance currently. we are residents of kerala hence would like to know howto apply in tamilnadu medical colleges….is there any state specific entrance exam like comdek???

61. siddharth. V says:

What is the date of issue of certificate? Please tell me.
    I have to apply for my future studies.

62. Nik says:

What is category certificate and domicile certificate? We are the native of Tamilnadu, residing in Kerala. How to get Tamilnadu domicile certificate? As we are native of Tamilnadu, can we get MBBS seat allotment under the Tamilnadu state quota?

63. SREEDEVI K K says:

If candidate is a citizen from Kerala does he/she has to write the Tamilnadu entrance test to get admission in colleges there?

64. Are practicles marks included in 50%? says:

Are practicles marks included in 50%?

65. Jamsheer Ahammed says:

I’m an Indian citizen with Tamilnadu origin. But now Im in Kerala with Kerala id like kerala aadhaar, ration card etc.. Can I apply for medical courses as a tamilguy. Can I use Tamilnadu quota for NEET? Please help me

66. JOEL P S says:

Admission requirements and eligibility for mbbs ug,in Tamilnadu for other state students,under nri sponsored quota,general,payment seat??

67. Nowfi says:

My nativity from kerala
    Can i studied tamilnadu medical college??

68. sandra says:

Sir, how should we apply for a domicile certificate. candidate is born and brought up in chennai

69. Akshay kumar says:

I am studying 12th in tamilnadu CBSE and resident of kerala having adhar and birth cert of kerala my father serving armed force at TAMILNADU. PLEASE TELL i can apply NEET 2018 tamilnadu quota

70. Issra says:

How to apply for docimile cert. ?
    How can one apply for mbbs admn in tamilnadu local seat..??
    What all documents are needed..??

• Prasannan says:

Sir,we(myself ,wife & 2 children) belong to kerala,but for the past 20 years Iam staying in Salem Tamilnadu along with my family,my children are studying here,Also I got ration card ,voter id,Aadhar card in my salem address.So I would like to know how I could get domicile certificate for my son in tamilnadu to appear for NEET exam.please inform the details.

71. PRAKARSH SINGH says:

FOR ADMISSION FOR 2018, WHETHER THE TAMILNADU WILL HAVE TO HAVE DOMICILE MATTER OR NOT.