NIMCET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
NIMCET 2020 will be conducted by National Institute of Technology (NIT’s) on a rotational basis. This is a national level entrance exam held every year to offer admission into Masters in Computer Application Programme. Candidates have to qualify this test and on the basis of their rank, admission will be provided at various campuses of NIT situated in Kurukshetra, Jamshedpur, Surathkal, Raipur, Allahabad, Agartala, Bhopal, Durgapur, Calicut, Tiruchirappalli, Warangal etc. Around 805 seats are offered for admission in 11 NITs. Candidates through this article will get to know various important details regarding the NIMCET 2020.
NIMCET 2020 Important Dates
Check all the tentative NIMCET 2020 Dates given below for various events like release of application form, admit card, exam date, result announcement, starting of counselling process etc.
|Notification Release||1st week of March 2020|
|Release of Online Application||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date to fill online application||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date of downloading the filled in application form||3rd week of April 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2020|
|NIMCET 2020 Exam||4th week of May 2020|
|Release of Answer key||4th to last week of May 2020|
|Announcement of results||1st week of June 2020|
|Starting of counselling process||2nd week of June 2020|
NIMCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below various details about the NIMCET 2020 Application form:
- NIMCET 2020 Application form will be released in the first week of March 2020.
- The Application process will consist of various steps – Registration, filling the application form, uploading the documents and application fee payment.
- Candidates can fill the application form by online mode
- Last date to fill the application form online is till the last week of March 2020. However, candidates can download their filled in application form till the third week of April 2020.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly as there is no provision of correcting the mistakes after the final submission of application form.
The Application Fee to be paid for various categories is given below:
- For UR/OBC candidates – Rs.2200
- For ST/SC candidates – Rs.1100
Mode of Payment: Applicants can pay the application fee by online mode only through net banking, debit card or credit card.
NIMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Applying candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess B.Sc. (Hons)/ B.Sc./BIT/BCA/B.Tech/B.E of minimum of three years from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed the qualifying exam with one of the subjects of Mathematics or Statistics.
- Qualifying Marks: He/she must have obtained minimum aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in the qualifying exam. 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA for SC/ST candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year of their qualifying exam can also apply provided they have to present their passing certificate at the time of admission.
- There is no upper or lower age limit prescribed to be eligible for the test.
Eligibility for Open Schooling Candidates:
- Candidates who have completed their B.Sc. (Hons)/ B.Sc./BIT/BCA or its equivalent from open universities are eligible.
- Applying candidates must have passed the programmes from Open University approved by AICTE/UGC and Distance Education Council of Govt. of India.
NIMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete NIMCET 2020 Exam Pattern given below before starting your preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: NIMCET 2020 Exam will be conducted in the fourth week of May 2020 in offline (Pen and Paper) mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: Total of 120 multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the exam paper will be 120 minutes.
- Language Medium: Exam paper will be available in English
- Sections: The exam paper will be divided into four sections – Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General English and Computer Awareness.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be provided. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Check below the distribution of questions and marks for various sections:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
|Total||120 questions||480 marks|
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus
NIMCET 2020 Syllabus will contain various topics from the sections of Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, General English and Computer Awareness. Candidates can check the complete syllabus by online mode.
Various topics included in the sections are given below:
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning:
The questions in this section will be asked to test the candidate’s aptitude in logical situations. Students have to answer questions based on the details given in the passage.
The questions will be asked from the topics – Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Co – ordinate Geometry, Set theory, vectors, probability and statistics.
The questions in this section will be asked to test the candidate’s understanding of general concepts in English language. Topics included in the general English will be – Basic English Grammar, Vocabulary, Technical Writing, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meaning of Idioms and Phrases, Comprehension, Word Power etc.
This section will include questions from various topics like – Basics of Computer, Binary Arithmetic, Data Representation, etc.
NIMCET 2020 Preparation Tips
To qualify the entrance exam with good score, candidates can go through the below given preparation tips:
- Before starting the preparation, check the syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme by online mode.
- Manage your study time properly by preparing a study schedule.
- Make study notes and note down all the important topics and concepts in one place.
- Solve sample papers or previous year’s papers to know the type of questions coming in the exam.
- Revise all the prepared notes regularly. This will help the candidates in memorizing the topics in an easier way.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NIMCET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of NIMCET 2020 will be issued by online mode in the second week of May 2020. To download it, students are required to enter their login credentials. The board will not sent the admit card to the candidates by post.
NIMCET 2020 Admit card will contain certain information related to the candidate and exam like name, date of birth, roll number, parents name, registration number, photograph and signature, exam center, exam center address, exam date, exam time etc.
The admit card must be preserved by the candidates till the completion of counselling process. In case any problem arises at the time of downloading the admit card, contact the officials to rectify the problem.
NIMCET 2020 Answer Key
After the entrance test will be conducted, the board will publish the NIMCET 2020 Answer key. It will be released in the fourth to last week of May 2020. Various coaching institutions will also release the answer key.
Using the Answer key, the exam takers will get to know the right answers of the questions asked in the entrance exam. Students will be able to calculate their probable score and know their qualifying status.
NIMCET 2020 Result
NIMCET 2020 Result will be released in the first week of June 2020. Students can check and download the result by online mode. With the release of results the rank card/scorecard will be also released online.
To view the result and download the rank card candidates have to enter their login id and password. No rank card will be sent to the candidates through email or other mode.
NIMCET 2020 Counselling
NIMCET 2020 Counselling will be held through online process. During this process, candidates have to select their preference of institutions in which they want admission. Only the candidates who qualify the entrance exam by obtaining the minimum qualifying marks and get shortlisted in merit list will be called for counselling.
The counselling will be organized in the second week of June 2020. Students have to produce some important documents at the designated counselling centers for document verification process:
- Marks sheets of 10th and 12th
- Pass certificate of 10th and 12th
- NIMCET 2019 Rank Card
- Residence Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificates (if applicable)
- Several Passport size photographs
If you have any query regarding NIMCET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.