Pondicherry University 2018: Counselling, Result, Cut Off
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Pondicherry University 2018 Last Counselling is conducting on 23rd July 2018. Pondicherry University is a central university which conducts its own entrance examination. This exam is known as Pondicherry University Entrance exam. The University was founded in the year 1985. Pondicherry University offers various programmes such as PG, Doctoral and Integrated Research programmes in the field of business administration, engineering, arts, science and many others. For complete information about Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2018, candidates can check this article.
Pondicherry University 2018 Notifications – Counselling Started
Pondicherry University 2018 Last Counselling is conducting on 23rd July 2018 through offline mode. Check here for counselling details.
Get the latest updates & notifications about Pondicherry University 2018 Counselling & Admission Details. Check here for counselling details.
Pondicherry University 2018 Counselling for various courses has been started from 27th June 2018 through offline mode. Check here for counselling details.
Pondicherry University 2018 Result has been declared now. Check here for Result details.
Pondicherry University 2018 Counselling Schedule for various courses has been released. Check here for counselling details.
Pondicherry University 2018 Admit Card has been released on 15th May 2018 through login. Check here for admit card details.
Pondicherry University 2018 Mock Test is available for practice. Check here for mock test & other preparation tips.
Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form has been extended till 7th May 2018. Check here for application details.
Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form has been released now. Check here for application details.
Pondicherry University Exam Dates
Below, we have mentioned the official schedule of Pondicherry University Entrance Exam 2018.
|Application Form Availability||21st March 2018|
|Last date to fill the application form||7th May 2018 (Extended)|
|Admit Card Issued||15th May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Exam||25th, 26th & 27th May 2018|
|Result Declaration||8th June 2018|
|Counselling start||27th June 2018|
Pondicherry University Result 2018
Pondicherry University 2018 Result has been released on 8th June 2018. The result has been declared through online mode. No other mode is entertained to check the result. Candidates can check their results by entering their application number and date of birth. After the announcement of the result, the separate merit list is made according to the courses on the basis of the marks secured in the exam. The merit list is published by the authority through online mode. Only selected candidates will be intimated of their selection.
|Schedule Castes (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Person with Disability||3%|
|Candidates from the Union Territory of Puducherry||25%|
The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates have to score in the examination to get admission into their choice course. To get admission into Ph.D course, the minimum cut-off for the GEN category will be ½ of the average of the examination, which is secured by the candidates in the respective subject. For OBC/ST/SC/PwD category, the minimum cut-off will be 10% below the cut-off marks of the GEN category.
Pondicherry University 2018 Admission
The admission into PG/PG Diploma programme is based on the marks scored in the examination. Candidates, those want to get admission into Ph.D course, they are selected on the basis of the marks get in the entrance exam, personal interview & academic records. The common merit list is prepared by the university as per the entrance exam (70%) and PI & academic records (30%). The direct admission to Ph.D. programme will be offered to the NET/JRF qualified candidate with fellowships. No separate call letter/select card/ admission information will be sent to the selected or wait-listed candidates.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Pondicherry University 2019 Admission will take place to offer admission into various PG, Ph.D & integrated research programmes. The university conduct a university level examination. These courses are offered in the field of science, commerce, arts, engineering, management, etc. It was formed in 1985.
Srinagar, New Delhi, Bhopal, Lucknow, Allahabad, Ranchi, Patna, Itanagar, Guwahati, Kolkatta, Cuttack, Bhubaneshwar, Port Blair (Andamans), Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Puducherry, Vilupuram, Chennai, Karaikal, Coimbatore, Tiruchirapalli, Palayamkottai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madurai, Kottayam, Kochi, Kozhikode, Mahe/Tellicherry, Bangalore, Mangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Ahmedabad.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form
The university has provided the application form from 21st March 2018. Check below for other details about Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form.
- Candidates can fill & submit the application form through online mode.
- The last date to fill the application form will be 7th May 2018.
- Candidates have to apply separately for each course.
- Fill all the required details carefully. Any wrong information will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- Candidates have a valid email id & mobile number to fill the application form.
- Upload the scanned image of passport size photograph, signature and other required certificates.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or offline (Challan in Indian Bank) mode.
- The application fee for NRI and Overseas students is Rs. 6500.
- The application fee for various courses is mentioned below:
|P.G. / P.G. Diploma||200||–||400|
|MBA (One common application for all the 5 MBA Programmes)||500||–||1000|
The eligibility criteria for PG, Ph.D, Integrated and PG Diploma programmes are different. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass their 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must hold the Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam. In some other courses, a minimum 55% mark is required.
PG Diploma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their master degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 systems.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with minimum 55% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must study under 10+2+3 pattern (or 10+2+5) & completed their master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score minimum 55% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying examination.
Pondicherry University 2018 Admit Card
The admit card has issued by the conducting authority through online mode. Candidates are able to get the pondicherry university admit card from 15th May 2018. Candidates have to bring valid admit card in the examination centre. No entry will be allowed without the admit card. The admit card consist of candidate & exam details such as name of the candidate, roll number, category, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
Pondicherry University Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based online test).
- Type of Question: The question paper will be of a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 question will be asked in the examination.
- Duration: The duration of the examination will be two hours (120 minutes).
- Total Marks: The total exam will be of 400 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given to the candidates for the each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
Pondicherry University Syllabus
The syllabus for the Pondicherry University entrance exam is different for all courses. Candidates can check their syllabus according to the course for which they are appeared. The syllabus is prescribed by the university itself. For complete syllabus topic wise, candidates can go through the prospectus published by the university.
For the best preparation of Pondicherry University Entrance Examination, candidates can follow the given tips & tricks:
- Candidates must know the complete syllabus thoroughly for the exam.
- Cover each & every topic of the subject.
- Do not try to study the new topics at the end of the exam preparation. Revise the topics & chapter you already prepared.
- Make separate notes of your own.
- Make a proper timetable for your study.
If you have any doubt about Pondicherry University 2018, you can leave your query in the comment box.