Pondicherry University 2021: Application (Out), Exam Dates, Eligibility
Pondicherry University 2021 Application Form has been extended till 20th August 2021. The admissions will be offered in various PG & doctoral level courses. The university conducts the university level entrance test to offer admissions. The admissions offered in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management and Medicine. Candidates can get admission in three campuses of the University. In this article, we have provided complete details regarding Pondicherry University 2021 admission including, application, exam dates, pattern, syllabus and admit card, etc.
Pondicherry University 2021 Notifications – Application Extended
Pondicherry University 2021 Application Form has been extended till 20th August 2021. Check here for application details.
Pondicherry University 2021 Important Dates
The Pondicherry University dates are given in the table below:
For MBA Courses:
|Starting of Application Form||16th July 2021|
|Last date of Application Form||20th August 2021|
|Releasing of merit list||August/ September 2021|
For Other PG Courses:
|Starting of Application Form||19th July 2021|
|Last date of Application Form||20th August 2021|
|Releasing of Admit Card||August 2021|
|Date of Examination||2nd, 3rd & 4th September 2021|
|Releasing of Result||September 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling||September/ October 2021|
Pondicherry University 2021 Application Form
Candidates should check the application form filling instructions given below:
- The candidates are able to fill the Pondicherry University 2021 application form through online mode in university website.
- Candidates have to apply separately for each course.
- The application form has been commenced from 16th July 2021. It will be continued till 20th August 2021 for MBA & 20th August 2021 for other courses.
- Fill all the details completely and correctly. Incomplete/false/wrong information will result in the rejection of the application form.
- After the filling of application form & payment of fee online, candidates can download their application form.
- Candidates no need to send the hard copy of printed application form to the official authority.
The fee relaxation is given only on generation of relevant documents. The payment can be done through online mode only. The payment can be done by debit card/credit card/net banking.
|Name of the Course||Application Fee (per course)|
Pondicherry University 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applying candidates should fulfil the Pondicherry University Eligibility Criteria before appearing in the various entrance exams:
For PG Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate should have Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 system.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the last year can also apply.
For Integrated Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed their 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Qualifying Marks: One should have secured at least 50% marks.
- Appearing: Appearing candidates are also eligible for apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should hold the Master’s degree from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: One should have scored minimum of 50% marks in master degree.
Pondicherry University 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates should go through the exam pattern given below:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Types of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the examination.
- No. of Questions: There will be 100 questions.
- Exam Duration: 120 minutes will be provided to complete the exam.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded to each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
Below we have given the distribution of questions and sections for various courses:
|For MBA||English Comprehension||20|
|Test of Reasoning||20|
|For M.Com Business Finance/ M.Com Accounting and Taxation||Accounting, Banking, Organization, Costing, Statics, Business Economics etc.||80|
|English and Test Reasoning||20|
|For M.A. Mass Communication||English and Reasoning||20|
|Media, Media Laws and Society, Communication & Society, Media History, Media Current Affairs, Visual Communication & Aesthetics, Journalism||80|
|M.Sc. in Bio Chemistry & Molecular Biology||English and Reasoning||20|
|Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics & allied areas. (B.Sc level)||80|
Pondicherry University 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can check the Pondicherry University syllabus & the topics for PG courses from the prospectus. Candidates are advised to go through it carefully and prepare accordingly.
The Syllabus will consist of various topics from the English Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, General Reasoning, Data Interpretation, General Awareness etc.
For M.Sc. (Chemistry):
The syllabus will consist of various topics from the English, Reasoning, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.
For M.Com (Business Finance/ M.Com. Accounting and Taxation):
The syllabus will consist of various topics from the Accounting, Banking, Organization, Costing, Statics and Business Economics sections.
The Syllabus will consist of various topics from the Tamil Language and Literature, English and Reasoning.
Pondicherry University 2021 Preparation Tips
Here, candidates can check the preparation tips to score well in the examination:
- First of all, go through the complete syllabus, marking pattern and exam pattern of the examination.
- Make a schematic study time table and follow it on a regular basis.
- Go through best seller books for the preparation of course for which you have applied.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers provided by the various coaching institutions.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Pondicherry University 2021 Admit Card
The Pondicherry University hall ticket will be uploaded by the University after closing of application registration. The candidates should download their admit card and produce at the examination centre.
The candidates should report in time to the exam centre allotted for the entrance exam. After verification of admit card and other documents, the candidates will be allowed to enter in the test hall. The admit card will be released in the month of August 2021.
Pondicherry University 2021 Result
The result will be declared in month of August/ September 2021. Individual entrance exam mark, rank and the list of selected/waitlisted candidates will be hosted on the University website along with admission schedule/ Instruction.
Candidates can check result and as per their rank they can participate in the counselling. Candidate can check their result by entering their application number and date of birth.
Pondicherry University 2021 Cut Off
The minimum cut off marks for OBC/SC/ST/ Differently Abled candidates will be 10% below the cut off marks of the general category candidates.
The overall merit lists, selection and waiting lists will be hosted in the University website. To get admission into Ph.D. course, the minimum cut-off for the General candidates will be ½ of the average marks secured in the test in the respective subjects.
Pondicherry University 2021 Counselling
All admissions will be offered provisionally, subject to verification of required documents, as per prescribed norms. The selection of candidates for admission to all the P.G./P.G.Diploma programmes except L.L.M programme & M.P.Ed will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination.
The allotment of seats to the candidates in each University will be made on merit and choice of Institution furnished by the candidate in the application form. No individual admission intimation will be sent to the selected/ waitlisted candidates.
For any other query regarding Pondicherry University 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.