TANCET 2021: Application (Released), Exam Dates (Out), Eligibility
TANCET 2021 Application Form has been released. TANCET is a state level common entrance test organized by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of Govt. of Tamil Nadu every year. Candidates will be offered admission in various PG programmes like MBA, M.Arch, M.Tech, M.Plan, MCA, M.E, etc. Students who will qualify the entrance test by securing qualifying marks will be eligible for admission in Govt. and Non-Govt. colleges. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding TANCET 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, etc.
TANCET 2021 Notifications – Application Released
TANCET 2021 Application Form has been released from 19th January 2021. Check here for application details.
TANCET 2021 Exam Dates have been released. Exam will be held on 20th & 21st March 2021. Check here for exam details.
TANCET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check the official TANCET dates regarding the exam in the below table:
|Start date to apply||19th January 2021|
|Last date to fill online application||12th February 2021|
|Checking final status of application||17th February 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||5th March 2021|
|TANCET 2021 Exam||20th March 2021 (MCA & MBA)|
21st March 2021 (M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)
|Announcement of Result||On or before 16th April 2021|
|Downloading of mark sheet||On or before 20th April 2021|
|Beginning of Counselling||May 2021|
TANCET 2021 Application Form
Students can know about TANCET 2021 Application Form in the below given section:
- TANCET 2021 Application Form has been made available by online mode.
- The application form has been started from 19th January 2021.
- Students are be able to fill the application form till 12th February 2021.
- Students must provide their valid email id and phone number to get registered.
- Students must have to fill details in the application like personal details, academic details etc.
- The application details must be filled correctly as no modification will be allowed after submission of form.
- After completion of application process, candidates must print the application form and payment proof for further use.
Payment mode: Students are able to pay application fee through online mode by debit/ credit card/ net banking.
|General Candidates||Rs. 600/-|
|ST/ SC/ SCA Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Know TANCET Eligibility Criteria for various courses in the below given section:
- Nationality: Student must be citizen of India.
- State Candidates: Other state candidates will be also eligible to apply if the required qualification is fulfilled.
- Appearing: Students studying in the final semester of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- GATE Score: Students can also apply through GATE Scores without appearing for entrance exam. However, candidates with valid score in Engineering Science & Life Sciences have to appear for test to get admission.
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan:
- Qualification: Students must have Bachelor’s degree in relevant field securing aggregate of 50% marks (45% for reserved candidates) from a recognized board or university.
- Qualification: Students must have Bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or university securing minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved candidates).
- Qualification: Applying student must have passed Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics subject at 12th level or in graduation from any recognized University or Board securing at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category).
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Know TANCET exam pattern in the below given section:
- Exam Mode: TANCET 2021 entrance test will be held in Pen and paper mode.
- Duration: The entrance test will be of 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions will be there for MBA & MCA paper. There will be 115 questions for M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Students will get 1 mark for every correct answer.
- Negative Pattern: 1/3 mark will be awarded for every incorrect answer.
Check the distribution of number of question and marks for various courses in the below given table:
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|For M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
TANCET 2021 Syllabus
TANCET Syllabus will be prescribed different for various courses. Students can check the syllabus for various programmes below:
For M.E./M.Arch./Plan/M.Tech: For the Section 1 the topics will be from Engineering Mathematics. It will be related to Transforms, Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Numerical Methods, Determinants and Matrices and Applied Probability.
For the Section 2, topics will be based on Basic Engineering and Sciences. For the Section 3, topics will be from various specialized subjects.
For MBA Programme: The questions in the paper will be included for testing the candidate’s ability & skills. Various sections will:
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in determining data sufficiency questions using the given data and mathematics questions.
- Identify critically the data and apply the data to business decision from given business situations.
- Also it will test candidate’s knowledge in English with questions asked on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
For MCA Programme: The section from where the questions will be there – Analytic Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Computer Awareness and Logical Reasoning. Also, questions will be based on verbal activity, basic science, etc.
TANCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Know preparation tips for TANCET 2021 in the below given section:
- Try to solve previous year question papers & sample papers.
- For the entrance exam candidates must prepare from best study materials recommended online or offline.
- Students must go through TANCET syllabus and exam pattern before beginning the preparation for the exam.
- Students can practice various mock tests as per their course opted.
- Prepare and follow a routine for the studies. The routine must be followed in a disciplined manner.
- Students are advised to start their exam preparation early.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
TANCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of TANCET 2021 will be made available for download from 5th March 2021. Students will get it through online mode. Students will not get it by post or any other offline mode. To get it, students will be required to enter their login details.
Students must check details present in the admit card like name, date of exam, time of exam, exam center, photograph, etc. In case any detail in the admit card is incorrect, students must contact the officials to rectify the details before the exam.
TANCET 2021 Answer Key
The Answer key will be published from the month of March 2021. Students will be able to check right answers of the questions asked in the entrance test. Students will be able to calculate probable marks of the entrance test.
Students must know the marking scheme of TANCET to calculate the score of entrance test. Students will be able to submit suggestions or file objections against the answer key in case of mistakes in the answer key.
After the suggestions will be considered by the authority, the final answer key will be released by the authority.
TANCET 2021 Result
TANCET 2021 Result will be declared through online mode. The result will be made available in online mode on or before 16th April 2021. Students are required to enter login details to get result. After the result will be declared students will be able to download the score card.
Students will know overall marks, sectional marks, percentile score, etc. details in the scorecard. The rank list will be released selecting the qualified candidates for the further admission process.
TANCET 2021 Cut Off
TANCET 2021 Cut off will be made available for various courses on the website. Separate cut off will be released for various category candidates. It is important for the candidates to score the qualifying cut off to be eligible for admission in various institutions.
Also a separate cut off will be declared for the students who will be eligible for admission through GATE scores. Based on availability of seats, marking scheme, previous years cut off, difficulty level of exam, etc the cut off will be published.
TANCET 2021 Counselling
The Counselling details of TANCET 2021 will be released after the declaration of result. After candidates will get their scores, they will be called for their counselling process. Students will get their call letter for participation in the counselling.
For the document verification, students have to show their documents / certificates. Students can below check the necessary documents required at the time of counselling:
- TANCET Score card
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
If you have any other query regarding TANCET 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.