TANCET 2021: Counselling (Started), Allotment, Rank List (Out), Cut Off
TANCET 2021 Seat Allotment has been released on 14th October 2021 for MBA. Rank List has been released for MBA/ MCA courses. TANCET is a state level common entrance test organized by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of Govt. of Tamil Nadu every year. Candidates will be offered admission in various PG programmes like MBA, M.Arch, M.Tech, M.Plan, MCA, M.E, etc. Students who have qualified the entrance test by securing qualifying marks will be eligible for admission in Govt. and Non-Govt. colleges. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding TANCET 2021 dates, result, score card etc.
TANCET 2021 Notifications – Allotment Out
TANCET 2021 Final Allotment has been released on 14th October 2021 For MBA. Check here for allotment details.
Get all exam details and latest updates about TANCET 2022 from here.
TANCET 2021 Rank List has been released for MBA/ MCA courses. Check here for rank list details.
TANCET 2021 Score Card has been released on 8th April 2021. Check here for result details.
TANCET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check the official TANCET dates regarding the exam in the below table:
|Start date to apply||19th January 2021|
|Last date to fill online application||16th February 2021|
|Checking final status of application||23rd February 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||5th March 2021|
|TANCET 2021 Exam||20th March 2021 (MCA & MBA)|
21st March 2021 (M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)
|Announcement of Result||2nd April 2021|
|Downloading of mark sheet||8th to 22nd April 2021|
|Beginning of Counselling||22nd August 2021|
TANCET 2021 Result
TANCET Result has been declared on 2nd April 2021.The result has been made available in online mode. Students are required to enter login details to get result. After the result has been be declared, students are able to download the score card from 8th to 22nd April 2021.
Students can know overall marks, sectional marks, percentile score, etc. details in the scorecard. The rank list has been released selecting the qualified candidates for the further admission process.
TANCET 2021 Cut Off
TANCET Cut off will be made available for various courses on the website. Separate cut off will be released for various category candidates. It is important for the candidates to score the qualifying cut off to be eligible for admission in various institutions.
Also a separate cut off will be declared for the students who will be eligible for admission through GATE scores. Based on availability of seats, marking scheme, previous years cut off, difficulty level of exam, etc the cut off will be published.
TANCET 2021 Counselling
The Counselling details of TANCET 2021 has been released after the declaration of result. After candidates have get their scores, they have called for their counselling process. Students will get their call letter for participation in the counselling. Seat allotment for MBA courses has been released on 13th October 2021.
For the document verification, students have to show their documents / certificates. Students can below check the necessary documents required at the time of counselling:
- TANCET Score card
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
TANCET 2021 Application Form
Students can know about TANCET 2021 Application Form in the below given section:
- TANCET 2021 Application Form has been made available by online mode.
- The application form has been started from 19th January 2021.
- Students are be able to fill the application form till 16th February 2021.
- Students must provide their valid email id and phone number to get registered.
- Students must have to fill details in the application like personal details, academic details etc.
- The application details must be filled correctly as no modification will be allowed after submission of form.
- After completion of application process, candidates must print the application form and payment proof for further use.
Payment mode: Students are able to pay application fee through online mode by debit/ credit card/ net banking.
|General Candidates||Rs. 600/-|
|ST/ SC/ SCA Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Know TANCET Eligibility Criteria for various courses in the below given section:
- Nationality: Student must be citizen of India.
- State Candidates: Other state candidates will be also eligible to apply if the required qualification is fulfilled.
- Appearing: Students studying in the final semester of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- GATE Score: Students can also apply through GATE Scores without appearing for entrance exam. However, candidates with valid score in Engineering Science & Life Sciences have to appear for test to get admission.
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan:
- Qualification: Students must have Bachelor’s degree in relevant field securing aggregate of 50% marks (45% for reserved candidates) from a recognized board or university.
- Qualification: Students must have Bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or university securing minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved candidates).
- Qualification: Applying student must have passed Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics subject at 12th level or in graduation from any recognized University or Board securing at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category).
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Know TANCET exam pattern in the below given section:
- Exam Mode: TANCET 2021 entrance test has been held in Pen and paper mode.
- Duration: The entrance test is be of 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 questions was there for MBA & MCA paper. There will be 115 questions for M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan.
- Total Marks: The paper is of 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Students can get 1 mark for every correct answer.
- Negative Pattern: 1/3 mark is awarded for every incorrect answer.
Check the distribution of number of question and marks for various courses in the below given table:
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|For M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
TANCET 2021 Syllabus
TANCET Syllabus is prescribed different for various courses. Students can check the syllabus for various programmes below:
For M.E./M.Arch./Plan/M.Tech: For the Section 1 the topics will be from Engineering Mathematics. It will be related to Transforms, Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Numerical Methods, Determinants and Matrices and Applied Probability.
For the Section 2, topics will be based on Basic Engineering and Sciences. For the Section 3, topics will be from various specialized subjects.
For MBA Programme: The questions in the paper will be included for testing the candidate’s ability & skills. Various sections will:
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in determining data sufficiency questions using the given data and mathematics questions.
- Identify critically the data and apply the data to business decision from given business situations.
- Also it will test candidate’s knowledge in English with questions asked on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
For MCA Programme: The section from where the questions will be there – Analytic Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Computer Awareness and Logical Reasoning. Also, questions will be based on verbal activity, basic science, etc.
TANCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Know preparation tips for TANCET 2021 in the below given section:
- Try to solve previous year question papers & sample papers.
- For the entrance exam candidates must prepare from best study materials recommended online or offline.
- Students must go through TANCET syllabus and exam pattern before beginning the preparation for the exam.
- Students can practice various mock tests as per their course opted.
- Prepare and follow a routine for the studies. The routine must be followed in a disciplined manner.
- Students are advised to start their exam preparation early.
TANCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of TANCET 2021 has been made available for download from 5th March 2021. Students can get it through online mode. Students can not get it by post or any other offline mode. To get it, students is require to enter their login details.
Students must check details present in the admit card like name, date of exam, time of exam, exam center, photograph, etc. In case any detail in the admit card is incorrect, students must contact the officials to rectify the details before the exam.
TANCET 2021 Answer Key
The Answer key is not released by the authorities. Students will be able to check right answers of the questions asked in the entrance test. Students will be able to calculate probable marks of the entrance test.
Students must know the marking scheme of TANCET to calculate the score of entrance test. Students will be able to submit suggestions or file objections against the answer key in case of mistakes in the answer key.
After the suggestions will be considered by the authority, the final answer key will be released by the authority.
If you have any other query regarding TANCET 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.