TANCET 2023: Allotment (Out), Cut Off (Soon), Merit, Admission
TANCET 2023 Provisional Allotment has been released on 4th August for MBA. It has been released on 28th July 2023 for MCA. TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. The government of Tamil Nadu has authorized Anna University to organize TANCET. It is a state-level admission test conducted for the candidates who seeks admission to master’s level programs in the state of Tamil Nadu. Admission to the candidates is offered into various postgraduate courses such as MCA, MBA. For admission into M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Arch/ M.Plan courses, CEETA PG exam has been introduced by Anna University.
The candidates who clear this test successfully are accepted for admission into a variety of public and private institutions throughout the state. To get admission, candidates must fill out the application form. In this article, we provide you with all the information regarding the TANCET 2023 examination such as the application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, counselling, etc.
TANCET 2023 Notifications – Allotment Out (MBA/ MCA)
Get complete updates of TANCET 2023 Admission & counselling Procedure from here. Click here to view details.
TANCET 2023 Provisional Allotment has been released on 4th August for MBA. It has been released on 28th July 2023 for MCA. Check here for counselling details.
TANCET 2024 Exam will be conducted in the month of March 2024. Check more details about TANCET 2024 here.
For admission into M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan courses CEETA PG Exam has been introduced by Anna University. The exam is scheduled on 26th March 2023.
TANCET 2023 Highlights:
|Name Of The Exam
|Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
|Name of the Conducting Body
|Anna University authorized by Govt of TN
|State level exam
|Mode of Application
TANCET 2023 Important Dates
The following are the important TANCET Exam dates for the 2023 session:
|Commencement of Application Procedure
|1st February 2023
|Application Ending Date
|28th February 2023
|Application Final Status
|4th March 2023
|Admit Card Release
|11th March 2023
|25th March 2023 (MCA/ MBA)
26th March 2023 (CEETA PG – M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)
|Answer key Publish
|3rd April 2023
|14th April 2023
|1st June 2023
TANCET 2023 Result
The TANCET Result has been announced by the authority through online mode. The result is available from 14th April 2023. Candidates can check their results by entering their login details – Login ID & Password.
After login, the result is displayed on the screen and candidates can download the scorecard. Candidates must keep their results safe for the further admission process.
TANCET 2023 Counselling
The TANCET 2023 Counselling process is organised after the declaration of the result. After downloading their scorecard, selected candidates are able to participate in the counselling process. The counselling process has started from 1st June 2023.
Candidates get their call letters for participating in the counselling process. There are various rounds conducted in the TANCET counselling procedure on the basis of the availability of vacant seats after each round of counselling. Admission is offered to the candidates on the basis of their rank obtained in the TANCET merit list.
Students must present their important documents during the document verification process of counselling. Some of the documents which candidate must bring with them are named below:
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- TANCET Scorecard
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
TANCET 2023 Answer Key
The TANCET Answer key has been released by the authority after the completion of the examination. The authority has released the answer key through online mode on the website. The answer key is available via login by the authority.
The candidates can examine their answer key through online mode from 3rd April 2023. The correct responses to all the questions answered in the entrance test are available in the answer key. Candidates are able to estimate their scores using the answer key already before the results are announced.
TANCET 2023 Cut Off
The TANCET Cut off is set by the authority through online mode. The cut-off marks are the minimum marks set for shortlisting candidates for the counselling process. Candidates need to score more than the prescribed cutoff set by the authority to participate in the counselling process.
Cut off marks are set by the authority keeping in view various factors. The exam conducting authority produces the merit list comprising the names of selected candidates for the counselling process.
TANCET 2023 Admit Card
TANCET Admit Card has been released after two or three weeks from the completion of the application procedure. The unique admit card for each enrolled candidate has been provided by the institution through the website.
The admit card has been made available on 11th March 2023. The TANCET 2023 Admit card includes important information about the candidates and the exam. Candidates need to keep their admit cards safe for the admission process.
TANCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Below we have discussed the TANCET exam pattern & marking scheme:
- Exam Mode: The exam is conducted through offline mode by pen and paper format.
- Exam Duration: 2 hours will be given to solve the paper.
- No of Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions for both MCA and MBA. For M.E. / M. Arch / M.Tech /M. Plan exam, there will be 115 questions.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Medium: The medium language of the exam will be English & Tamil.
- Type of Questions: The exam will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: The candidate will get 1 mark for each correct response and 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
Check below distribution of questions and maximum marks in the paper:
|No. of Questions
M.E./ M. Tech/ M. Plan/ M. Arch
TANCET 2023 Syllabus
Students appearing for TANCET entrance exam 2023 can check below complete syllabus. TANCET Syllabus can be checked online for various courses:
Syllabus for M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan:
Part 1 – Engineering Mathematics:
- Numerical Methods
- Applied Probability
- Determinants and Matrices
- Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration
Part 2 – Basic engineering and sciences:
- Material Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
Part 3 – Group A:
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Mechanical Engineering
Part 3 – Group B:
- Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Earth Sciences
Syllabus for MCA:
Analytical Reasoning & Logical Reasoning:
Linear and Circular Arrangements, Selections, Coding & Decoding, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Series, Analogies, Decision Making, Binary Logic, Syllogisms, and Puzzles.
Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions.
Computer Hardware, Controls, Basic Terminology, Internet & Protocols, Network Basics, Computer Abbreviations, Security Tools, Shortcuts, History of Computer, Memory, Computer Organization, Input-Output tools, Computer Architecture, Languages, and Algorithms.
TANCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Following are the effective TANCET preparation tips for the examination:
- Go through the whole syllabus and the exam pattern of TANCET.
- Create your study routine and stick to it in disciplined way.
- Stay focused on your studies and avoid distractions.
- Keep your exam practice regular and keep solving past papers.
- Take mock tests online & analyze your preparation.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid engaging in any harmful activities.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
TANCET 2023 Application Form
Following are the details provided regarding the TANCET 2023 Application form:
- The TANCET 2023 application form has been made available from 1st February 2023.
- The application form is available by online mode on the website of the authority.
- The process of application consist of various steps like Registration, Filling Personal Details, Document uploading, fee payment & application printing.
- Candidates must check out complete eligibility norms before filling out the application form.
- Candidates must fill out the application form very carefully as any alteration in the details will cause rejection of the application form.
- Candidates must fill out the TANCET application form before the last date of form submission.
- The last date of application form submission will be till 28th February 2023.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Applications must be filled online, and there is no offline form available. The application fee must be paid using a variety of payment methods – net banking, debit card & credit card, etc.
Applicants must pay the following registration fee:
|ST/ SC/ SCA of tamil nadu
Documents & Particulars required for Registration:
- 10th Registration/ Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- 12th Registration/ Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Valid email ID and mobile number. Provide only your working email and mobile number for the purpose of communication.
- Diploma Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing, if you are a diploma holder.
- A passport photo of good quality in jpg format.
- Copy of community certificate in pdf format, for those who belong to SC/ ST/ SCA category.
- Image of your signature in jpg format, etc.
TANCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the TANCET eligibility criteria for 2023 examination. Candidates need to fulfill the complete eligibility before filling out the application form:
- Qualifying degree: Aspirants should have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in any field.
- Qualifying Marks: To be considered for enrollment, students should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) in the qualifying degree.
- Appearing: Individuals who will be appearing in their final semester of Bachelor’s degree in 2023 can also apply.
- Qualifying degree: Applicants must hold bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the relevant field.
- Qualifying Marks: In qualifying degree, individuals should have obtained at least 50% marks (45 percent for the reserved category) in the entrance test.
- Qualifying Subjects: To be able to get admission, students should have Mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 level.
For M.E. / M. Arch / M.Tech /M. Plan:
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution/ university in related field, he/she is applying for.
- Minimum Marks: To be considered for admission, applicants must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% for reserved students) in the qualifying exam.
- GATE Scores: Students can also take admission based on their GATE scores or have to appear for CEETA PG exam.
For any other query regarding TANCET 2023, you can mention your query in the comments section given below.