TNSET 2019: Tamil Nadu SET, Application Form, Exam Date & Pattern
Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET 2019) will be organized by the Mother Teresa Women’s University. It is a state Nodal Agency of the UGC under the Government of Tamil Nadu. The examination is conducted to check the eligibility of the Assistant professor in Tamil Nadu universities and colleges. The exam is conducted within a state in 26 subjects. Candidates must appear in the written exam to be eligible for Assistant Professor. In this article, candidates can check the complete information of TNSET 2019.
TNSET 2019 Exam Date
Here, we have given the tentative dates related to TNSET 2019. Candidates can follow it accordingly.
|Opening of online Application Form||April 2019|
|Last date of Application Form||April 2019|
|Releasing of Admit Card||4th week of May 2019|
|Date of Examination||1st week of June 2019|
|TSNET Answer Key||June 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of June 2019|
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
TNSET Application Form 2019
Candidates are advised to read the information brochure carefully before filling the application form.
- Candidates have to apply to fill the application form through online mode.
- TNSET application form 2019 will be started from the month of April 2019.
- Candidates have to fill and submit the online application form till the last date of application form.
- Candidates have to mention their category in the application form along with providing other details.
- Candidates have to upload their passport size scanned photograph, signature and relevant community certificate in the prescribed format.
- No need to send the printout of confirmation page to the exam authority.
- Candidate should keep the printout with them.
The application fee has to be paid through credit/debit card or net-banking. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
|Category||General/ OBC||OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/PwD|
|Application fee||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 1250/-||Rs. 500/-|
The candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible to sit in the written exam.
- Age Limit: No upper age limit to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate should have Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam should be passed with subjects, like Sciences, Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science & 5 Applications, Electronic Sciences, Library and Information Science.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured at least 55% of marks for General/ OBC (belonging to Creamy Layer) Category and 50% for OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer)/ Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PwD-VI/HI/PH).
- Appearing Candidates: The candidates those are in their final year of master’s degree or those result are awaited can also apply.
TNSET Exam Pattern 2019
Here candidates can check the exam pattern of TSNET 2019 to appear in the exam.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Language of Exam: The paper will be published in English or Tamil language for some subjects.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration of Exam: 1 hour will be provided for paper 1 and 2 hours will be for paper 2.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be allotted to each correct answer.
|Paper||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Salem, Tirunelveli, Villupuram, Karaikudi, Vellore, Erode and Thanjavur.
The syllabus of TNSET 2019 examination will be the same as in UGC/CSIR-NET. The exam authority will not send the syllabus to the candidates individually.
Syllabi for all TNSET subjects can be downloaded from UGC website.
Paper 1 will be designed to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the Candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper 2 will be based on questions from the subject selected by the candidates.
TNSET Admit Card 2019
The TNSET hall ticket will be released through online mode only. No paper admit card will be issued to the candidates for appearing in the exam.
The admit card will be made available in the fourth week of May 2019. Candidates can download their admit card to make sure about their exam venue.
No candidate will be allowed to appear at the Examination Centre other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card.
TSNET Answer Key
The exam conducting authority will publish the answer key after the conduction of written test. The TNSET answer key will be released for all the papers of the examination.
Candidates can also send their grievance along with documentary evidence within 15 days after the publication of answer key. Candidates can send it through mail to the conducting authority.
TNSET Result 2019
TNSET entrance exam result will be declared through online mode. The candidates those will qualify the entrance exam will only be intimated by the authority by SMS on their registered mobile number.
The result will only be visible to the candidates those are appeared in the exam. The TNSET result 2019 will be declared in the last week of June 2019.
Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both Papers I & II will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by the reservation policy of the State Government.
In case of General/OBC (Creamy Layer) Category, candidates must secure at least 40% aggregate marks.
In case of OBC (Non Creamy Layer/SC/ST/PwD Category, candidates must secure at least 35% aggregate marks.
TNSET Counselling 2019
After a few days of written test result the authority will shortlist the candidates for the interview round. The candidates those qualify the written test will only be called for PI on the basis of the TNSET marks.
It is also necessary to reach the cut off marks to participate in the counselling rounds. Those will qualify the PI round will be considered for Assistant professor.
If you have any query related to TNSET 2019, you can ask your query in given below comment box.