TS PGECET 2018: Notification, Application Form, Exam Dates
Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET 2018) is a state level entrance examination for offering admission into regular PG courses such as ME, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Arch and other courses. The TS PGECET exam is also conducted for admission in Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate) programme. This exam is conducted by the University College of Engineering, Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). Candidates can access here all information of TS PGECET 2018 examination including application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
TS PGECET 2018 Exam Date
TS PGECET tentative exam dates 2018 are given below:
|Releasing of Notification||2nd week of March, 2018|
|Starting of application Form||3rd week of March, 2018|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form without late fee||3rd week of April, 2018|
|Form submission with Rs.500/- late fee||1st week of May, 2018|
|Form submission with Rs.2000/- late fee||3rd week of May, 2018|
|Form submission with Rs.5000/- late fee||4th week of May, 2018|
|Form submission with Rs.10000/- late fee||last week of May, 2018|
|Availability of Hall Ticket||3rd week of May to last week of May, 2018|
|Written Test||Last week of May to 1st week of June, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Mid of June, 2018|
|Starting of Counselling Procedure||August, 2018|
|Admission Process Start||September, 2018|
TS PGECET Application Form 2018
Candidates have to follow these steps to applying for TS PGECET 2018 entrance test:
- Candidates have to apply only via online mode through the website.
- Candidates have to follow the all instructions regarding filling application form.
- Candidates are needed to fill all the necessary details like personal, academic, address & other details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- The fee payment can be done through online mode or AP/TS Online Center.
- At last, candidates can submit their filled-in application form. After that, they will receive an SMS of submission of their application form.
- Candidates those qualified the GATE exam have to apply separately for admission.
- The registration fee is Rs. 800/- (Rs. 400/- in case of Sc/ST) per test.
- For more than one test, candidates have to pay extra fee.
- Candidates can make payment through Credit Card/Debit Card or AP/TS Online Centres.
Candidates have to be sure before applying for any course or programme that they are eligible or not. The detailed eligibility criteria is given here:
PG Professional Courses:
- Qualification: For M.Tech, candidates must have completed the BE/B.Tech/AMIE and for M.Pharmacy students should have cleared B.Pharmacy from any recognized college.
- Percentage Criteria: For admission in engineering & pharmacy courses, students must have secured 50% marks for general and 45% marks for reserved categories.
Graduate Level Pharm-D course:
- Nationality & Domicile: The candidate must be the citizen of India and must hold the domicile of Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana.
- Qualification: Students should hold B.Pharmacy degree approved by Pharmacy Council of India.
TS PGECET Exam Pattern
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this exam.
- Exam Mode: It will be conducted only in offline mode, i.e. Pen & Paper based.
- Sessions: The examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. in the afternoon and evening session.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
TS PGECET Syllabus
The syllabus covers the topic that has studied during the bachelor’s course. There is a different syllabus for every discipline and depends upon the candidate for which they are applying. Students should prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus.
- First of all, make a strategy plan for your exam preparations.
- Make a good time-table and divide your time equally for all the subjects.
- Gather all details about the syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Try to solve previous year questions it will help you to know more about the pattern.
- Prepare short notes on important topics and revise them while there is less time is remaining for the test.
- While preparing for exam also take care of your health, take nutritious diet and avoid junk & oily food.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
TS PGECET Hall Ticket 2018
Candidates can get the TS PGECET Admit Card 2018 from the website. Candidates with invalid admit card will not be allowed to enter the test centre. Details of exam centre, day & date of exam, the candidate’s name & roll no. will be mentioned in the hall ticket. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their Registration Number and the test paper that they have selected on the application form.
TS PGECET Results
TS PGECET results will be declared in the month of June, 2017. Appeared candidates can check their results through the website. A separate merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s marks secured in the entrance examination. Shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling process.
TS PGECET 2018 Counselling
The counselling process will be organized by the Osmania University. The counselling will be commenced in the month of August 2018. Candidates can participate in the counselling round after qualifying the entrance exam. Candidates those have GATE score card can apply separately for admission. Candidates will be called upon their rank in the exam. They have to be present in person for the counselling process. There candidates have to fill their preferences according to their rank. Candidates have to bring their original documents for verification process. After seat allotment, students are needed to appear at the allotted college to complete admission formalities.
For any further query regarding TS PGECET 2018, you can leave your query below in given comment box.