UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Age, Qualification – Get Here
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be checked by the candidates before applying for the exam. UGC NET written exam is the first step that a candidate needs to take for becoming a lecturer or to conduct research work for renowned organization. Candidates those are interested in appearing for UGC NET exam should check the eligibility criteria before applying for application form. In this article we have mentioned the complete UGC NET eligibility criteria 2021.
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
NTA-National Testing Agency will release the UGC NET 2021 eligibility criteria. Through eligibility criteria candidates will be aware of minimum educational qualification, number of attempts, age limit etc. required to apply for UGC NET.
Candidates will be required to go through the entire eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Following below are the detail description regarding UGC NET 2021 eligibility criteria.
Following is the minimum academic qualification required to appear for UGC NET exam.
- Candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in master degree or equivalent examination from UGC recognized universities/colleges in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- 50% marks required for candidates belonging to OBC non-creamy layer/SC/ST/ PWD category.
- Transgender candidates will also be eligible having qualifying criteria similar to SC / ST / PWD categories.
- Candidates pursuing master’s degree or have appeared for final exam and waiting for their result can also apply. Such candidates will be provisionally admitted and will be eligible for JRF. To be eligible for assistance professor they will have to qualify master’s degree with required percentage according to category. Candidates will have to complete their master degree within 2 years of declaration of UGC NET result.
- Candidates with PHD degree whose master’s exam was completed by 19th September 1992 will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
- Candidates are advised to appear for NET exam for the subject they have completed their graduation. If subject is not available choose a subject similar to it.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
Following is the minimum age limit required to apply for assistant professor & junior research fellowship
- There is no age limit set for applying for Assistant professor.
- Candidates will be eligible for the post assistant professor if they successfully qualify NET/SLET/SET exam.
- Candidates with PHD degree in accordance with University Grants Commission will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Candidates, those have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET.
Junior Research Fellowship:
- Candidate should not be more than 30 years of age as on 1 December 2021.
- There will be age relaxation of up to 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST, OBC- NCL, and PWD category and also to women candidates.
- Candidates with research experience limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Candidates having L.L.M degree will be eligible for 3 year age relaxation.
UGC NET 2021 Application Form
NTA has released the UGC NET 2021 Application form for UGC NET 2021 exam on 2nd February 2021. Last date to fill the application form will be till 2nd March 2021. It has been released through online mode.
Candidates have to upload document in prescribed format and size. The application fee for general candidates is Rs 1000, Rs 500 for OBC-NCL and Rs 250 or SC / ST / PWD / Transgender. Candidates before applying for the application form must check the eligibility criteria.
If you have any other queries regarding UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria you can ask your queries in the comment below.