XAT 2021: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
XAT 2021 (Xavier Aptitude Test) will be conducted by XLRI, on behalf of XAMI. It is a university level exam which is conducted on all India level to select the candidates for admission in management education. Through, XAT the admission will be offered in some of the top B-schools in India. Get complete details of XAT 2021 including, important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
XAT 2021 Important Dates
Here, we have given the complete schedule for XAT 2021.
|Starting of application form||3rd week of August 2020|
|Last date of application||Last week of November 2020|
|Releasing of admit card||3rd week of December 2020|
|Exam Date||1st week of January 2021|
|Publication of result||Last week of January 2021|
XAT 2021 Registration
Check the process to fill the application form:
- The online application form will be started from third week of August 2020. It will be continued to till the last week of November 2020.
- Candidates will be able to apply for more than one programme.
- GMP candidates may apply either through XAT or GMAT.
- Candidate should note down the XAT ID and Password for future communication.
- Candidates also have to upload the photo & signature as per the specification given in the guideline.
- Candidates are advised to fill the form carefully & verify the details before the final submission.
- No changes will be entertained after clicking the “Final Submission” button.
- No need to send the hardcopy of the application form to official authority.
All payments made for registration of XAT and XLRI are non-refundable. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
|Through XAT||Through GMAT|
1,700/- and 300/- each for every additional programme of XLRI (without late fee)
2000/- and 500/-
each for every additional programme of XLRI (with late fee)
|Indian candidate: |
2500/- (only for GMP)
|Foreign and NRI candidate:|
$50 and $25 for every additional programme of XLRI
|NRI and Foreign candidate:|
(For one or more programme(s))
XAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates those will satisfy the given below XAT eligibility criteria will only be eligible for writing exam.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to applying in XAT 2021 entrance exam.
- Qualification: Candidate should hold bachelor’s or any equivalent degree from the recognized university.
- Appearing Candidates: Such candidates are also eligible to apply.
- NRI candidates can also apply through GMAT.
XAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Check XAT exam pattern here:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of about 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQ) will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Exam question will carry 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each correct answer. For more than 12 unattempted questions, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- Parts: It is dived into two parts.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability And Data Interpretation||27|
|Verbal And Logical Ability||24|
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Essay Writing||1 Topic|
XAT 2021 Syllabus
The XAT syllabus will be consisting of Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR), Decision Making (DM), Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI) and General Knowledge (GK). Candidates should go through all these topics to appear in the examination.
XAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Here, candidates can check the preparation tips to appear and qualify in the entrance examination:
- Candidates should check the exam pattern and marking scheme.
- Go through complete official syllabus.
- Take online or offline mock test.
- Gathered previous year question papers and go through it.
- Make a proper time table and makes a note on a daily basis.
- Eat a healthy food and do yoga to make yourself fit.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
XAT 2021 Admit Card
The candidates will get the XAT admit card through online mode. The admit card will be released in the third week of December 2020. Candidates should keep the printout of the admit card till the result is declared.
Candidates must bring a hard copy of the admit card on the day of examination along with the original photo Id proof.
XAT 2021 Result
After few days of the examination, the result will be released by XLRI through online mode. On the basis of marks scored by the candidates the merit list will be prepared. The result will be declared in the last week of January 2021.
On the basis of prepared merit list, the seats will be allotted to the candidates in the participating institutions. Candidates have to enter the enrollment number and other details to get the XAT result.
XAT 2021 Score Card
The XAT Score Card containing the performance of the candidate in XAT 2021 has to be download by the candidates between January and March 2021.
Names of the shortlisted candidates for the interview will be posted in the website through online mode.
XAT 2021 Cut Off
The candidate needs equal to or more than the cutoff marks in order to get selected for the admission to a particular college. The official authority will release the cut off marks for all offered courses.
|VA & LA||DM||QA & DI||Total|
XAT 2021 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates for Interview in BM and HR programme will be based only on XAT scores. Candidates those will apply for more than one programme may be called for multiple interviews and/or group discussions.
The selection criteria for different programmes may differ. While preparing the shortlisted candidates for the interview, in addition to XAT performance, academic background and the relevant work experience will also be considered.
For other queries regarding XAT 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.