XAT 2024: Registration (Started), Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus
XAT 2024 Registration has been started from 15th July 2023. Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 7th January 2024. It is a university level examination conducted by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relation Institute) on behalf of XAMI (Xavier Association of Management Institutes) every year. This exam is conducted for admission into management courses. It offers admission to MBA/ PGDM courses to the eligible candidates. The XAT 2024 exam scores will be accepted in more than 160 colleges across the nation including 10 XAMI member institutes and XLRI.
In the article given below candidates can check the complete information related to XAT 2024 exam such as application form, exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
XAT 2024 Notifications – Registration Started
XAT 2024 Registration has been started from 15th July 2023. Check here for registration details.
XAT 2024 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 7th January 2024. Check here for exam date details.
XAT 2024 Overview
|Exam Name||XAT 2024|
|Full Form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||Xavier School of Management (XLRI) Jamshedpur|
|Mode of exam||Online mode|
|Exam date||7th January 2024|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Courses Offered||MBA/ PGDM|
XAT 2024 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the given table to know the complete official XAT exam dates:
|Registration starts||15th July 2023|
|Registration end date||2nd week of December 2023|
|Admit card||4th week of December 2023|
|Exam Date||7th January 2024|
|Answer key release||2nd week of January 2024|
|Answer key objection window starts||3rd week of January 2024|
|Result||2nd week of February 2024|
|Scorecard||1st week of March|
XAT 2024 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details related to XAT 2024 Application Form below in the given section:
- The XAT 2024 registration can be done through online mode only. No offline mode is provided for registration.
- Registration window is available from 15th July 2023 on the website.
- Only eligible candidates are able to fill out the application form.
- Applicants have to fill the work experience (if eligible) and then proceed to choose programme details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- After completing the payment process, the details can not be edited in the form.
- The deadline to submit the application fee will be in the second week of December 2023.
- For further admission procedure candidates must keep the hardcopy of the application form.
- The registration fee can be submitted using Debit card (RuPay, Visa, Master card, Maestro), Credit Card, Net banking, IMPS, Cash cards, Mobile Wallets.
- The application fee can not be submitted through offline mode.
- Following is XAT 2024 application fee:
|XAT Registration fee (without late fee)|
Candidates interested in XLRI programme need to pay additional fee
Rs 200/- each
|Indian Candidates applying for Ex- PGDM through GMAT/GRE||Rs 2500/-|
|NRI/ Foreign candidates applying for one or more programme through GMAT||Rs 5000/-|
How to Apply for XAT 2024
- Step-1: Go through the website of XAT (Link is given above).
- Step-2: Register yourself by providing the basic details.
- Step-3: Now login using allotted details at the time of registration.
- Step-4: Fill out the application form with details like personal, academic details and other asked information.
- Step-5: Upload the scanned documents in the specific format.
- Step-6: Submit the prescribed amount of application fee through online mode.
- Step-7: Preview the details and click on the “Submit” button.
- Step-8: Take a snapshot of the form for further usage in admission.
XAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the XAT Eligibility Criteria 2024 below before filling out the application form:
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be Indian Citizen.
- Qualification: Candidates with bachelor’s degree or three year duration program or equivalent from any recognized college or institute in any stream will be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit to apply for this entrance exam.
- Appearing: The appearing candidates in their final year of examination by 10th June 2024 will be eligible to apply.
XAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Some of the important details related to XAT Exam Pattern 2024 will be mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: Total 3 hours will be given to solve the exam.
- Questions Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
XAT 2024 exam will be divided into two parts part 1 and part 2:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||28|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
XAT 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus of XAT 2024 consist of various topics like Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning, Verbal and Logical ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge.
XAT syllabus 2024 is given below in the tabular format:
|Decision Making||Data arrangement text, Condition and grouping test, complex, case lets.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Speed and Distance, Geometry, Statics, Graphs, Tables, Arithmetic, Heights and Distance, etc.|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Para Jumble, Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks with suitable answer, critical reasoning, etc.|
|Essay Writing||In this section, candidates will write The essay on Social and Economic events.|
|General Knowledge||Sports, Awards, Politics, History, Business, Economics, Nation and States.|
Candidates can go through the given XAT preparation tips for better preparations:
- Candidates must check out the complete syllabus for effective preparation.
- Practice each topic daily according to the given syllabus.
- Candidates must check the exam pattern to know the weightage, marking scheme and type of questions.
- Make a separate notes on formulas to prepare subjects.
- Start your preparations with the basic concept and then move to the difficult one.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle to stay focused all the time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
XAT 2024 Admit Card
The XAT admit card will be released in the last week of December 2023. It will be released through online mode on the website by the authority. Candidates will be required to submit the details like User ID and Password to download the admit card.
Those candidates who submitted the application form before the deadline will be able to download the admit card from the website. Details like name, date of birth, date of test, exam duration, reporting time, photograph, signature and other exam instructions will be there in the admit card.
XAT 2024 Answer Key
The authority will publish the XAT answer key 2024 after the few days from the entrance examination. It will be released through online mode on the website. The answer key will be released along with XAT response sheet.
With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to match their answers with finalize answer key and analyse their performance in the entrance exam. Candidates will be able to access the answer key through logging procedure on the website.
XAT 2024 Result
The XAT result 2024 will be declared in the fourth week of January 2024 through online mode. Only appeared candidates in the entrance exam will be able to download the result from the website.
To download the result, candidates will be required to provide their XAT ID and Date of Birth. On the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam, the merit list will be prepared by the authority.
XAT 2024 Scorecard
The XAT scorecard 2024 will be released in the last week of January 2024 on the website of exam conducting authority. It will be released by the authority for ever participated candidates in the examination individually through online mode.
To download the XAT 2024 scorecard, candidates will be required to use their login details in the online portal of XLRI. It will consist with the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination. Candidates will also be able to apply for management programs of various institute across the country along with the scorecard.
XAT 2024 Cut Off
The authority will release the XAT cut off 2024 through online mode. It will be minimum marks candidates will have to obtained to be eligible for the further admission procedure.
Every participating institute will release their XAT 2024 cut off marks individually on the website. Candidates are suggested to go through the cut off marks of every participating institutes before applying for it through online mode.
XAT 2024 Counselling
The XAT counselling procedure will be the last step for the admission. The counselling will be conducted by the various participating institutes separately for admission in their management programs. The procedure of counselling will be different for every participating institution.
So candidates will have to follow the counselling procedure of their applied institutes for the admission. The counselling procedure will consist of steps like Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. To be eligible for the admission in the respective participating institutes, candidates will have to qualify both the rounds of counselling.
Participating Institutes of XAT 2024
Following will be the XAT 2024 participating institutes:
- Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University
- Xavier Institute of Social Service
- Xavier Business School (XBS) St. Xavier’s University Kolkata
- XLRI Xavier School of Management
- Loyola Institute of Business Management, Chennai
- Joseph’s Institute of Management
- Xavier Institute of Development Action and Sciences (XIDAS)
- Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Flame University: School of Business
- First India Group of Institutions
- Disha Institute of Management and Technology
- Calcutta Business School
- Development Management Institute
- Doon Business School
- Christ Institute of Management, Lavasa (Christ University)
- ABBS School of Management
- GITAM Hyderabad Business School
- BNM Institute of Technology
In case of any query related to XAT 2024 entrance exam, candidates can ask their query below in the comment section.