Master of Commerce (M.Com) – Career, Scope, Jobs, Salary
Are you interested to make your career in Banking/ Insurance/Financial/Stock-Broking sector?
Yes!……………..Then, M.Com should be your preference.
“Master of Commerce (M.Com) is a master degree course in the field of commerce. It is two year duration programme. This course is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC)”.
In this course, you will study about principles of accounting, money & banking systems, economic theory, knowledge about business, micro & macroeconomics, management, etc.
This course is suitable for students, those want to go for higher studies or do research work in the area of statistics & other related areas.
M.Com degree holders can make career in different specializations of commerce.
This programme will help you to improve your finance management skills & build up specialist knowledge within your selected area.
Course & Duration
In India, there are various universities & institutions which offer full time two years master degree programme in the field of commerce, i.e. Master of Commerce (M.Com). Some Colleges also offer M.Com programme through correspondence & distance education.
In M.Com, you have a choice to study in any of the given specializations.
- Accounting & Finance
- International Business Operations
- Actuarial Studies
- Corporate Governance
- Human Resource Management
- Business Studies
- Management Studies
Eligibility & Admission
The eligibility criteria are given below:
- The basic eligibility to get admission into M.Com programme is graduation in any stream.
- Some Universities accept the graduation degree with Business/Management studies or Honours in Economics for admission into this course.
- You have to secure at least 45-50% marks in your graduation degree.
The admission into M.Com course is through direct admission. There are various universities which organize entrance examination for admission into M.Com course. Some Universities also conduct interviews.
ADMISSION OPEN 2019
- MIT World Peace University, Pune B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- DIT University, Dehradun - B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chitkara University B.Tech 2019 Application open now.
- Chandigarh University (Ranked 1 in North India) - Application Open.
Colleges in India offer M.Com course:
- Government Arts College, Coimbatore
- Government Arts College, Karur
- Government College, Rajahmundry
- Dronacharya Government College, Gurgaon
- Government Arts College, Tirupur
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University, Bihar
- Government College, Kottayam
Career & Jobs
With the use of latest technology business are expanding globally. The requirement of highly qualified & trained professionals is growing day by day.
In today life, there are many companies & organizations those are looking for specialized & expert marketers to get higher profit in a smart way.
There are lots of job opportunities in Private & Public sector. You can also apply for government sector jobs. You can also work in the corporate world.
You can work as a teacher/lecturer in different colleges & universities. You have to clear the requisite exams such as UGC NET/JRF, etc.
You can also join government & private banks such as State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Union Bank of India etc as Customer Relationship Executive & Probationary Officer.
Do you want to do higher studies in this field?
This course serves as a basis for higher studies & research in the field like M.Phill & Ph.D degree in Commerce.
You can also go for the professional programs such as MBA.
You can take up research work in different fields of India’s National Security Problems such as international relations, socio-economic, geopolitical, geostrategic, tactical aspects of war, etc.
After completing your master degree, there is a wide variety of careers which deal with the flow of money, money manager to personal finance consultant, from accountant to the investment banker.
There are lots of opportunities in commerce field not in India but also in abroad.
Many reputed companies in foreign countries like UK, USA, Australia & so by employing a large number of talented M.Com postgraduate students with different job profiles.
M.Com degree holder can work as:
- Assistant Accountant
- Senior Account Executive
- Personal Finance Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Executive Assistant
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Marketing Manager
- Finance Manager
- Operations Manager
- Economic Consulting Jobs
- Various Corporate Sectors
- Educational Institutes
- Research Associates with Economic Consulting Firms
- Import/Export Companies
- Indian Civil Services
- Finance, Commerce & the Banking Sectors
- Insurance Industry
- Customs Department
- Indian Statistical Services
- Indian Economic Services
- TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LIMITED
- WNS Global Services
- Wipro Technologies Ltd.
- Tata Motors
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC)
- Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited (HEC Ltd)
The salary of M.Com holders is good in government & private sector organizations. As a fresher, you will get a pay approx. Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30, 000 per month. The salary will be increased on the basis of your promotions, proficiency, experience, etc. Teaching field is also another lucrative career option for the M.Com degree holder. In the teaching field, you will get handsome salary.
In abroad, the salary of M.Com degree holders is much higher than paid in India. Your salary will be depend on several factors such as the job profile, type of the firm, experience, your knowledge, skills, aptitude & many other factors. With an experience, you can move on to a higher level position & get more salary.
Books & Study Material
Here, we are providing some reference books for the study of Master of Commerce (M.Com).
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting by Ashok Sehgal and Deepak Sehgal
- Advanced Accounting by N. Mageswari
- Business Mathematics by Ranganath, Sampangiram, Rajaram
- Mathematics for Economics by T. Dowling
- Financial Accounting by L. Gupta
- Business and Industrial Laws by P. Sharma, Sunaina Kanojia
- Marketing Management: Analysis, Planning, Implementation &Control by Kotler, Philip
- Cost Accounting, Principles, Methods and Techniques by M. Lall Nigam and I.C. Jain
- Microeconomic Theory by Gould Johnl and Edward P. Lazeor
- Corporate Accounting by N. Maheshwari, and S.K. Maheshwari
If you have any query about Master of Commerce (M.Com), you can ask your query here.