AIIMS Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Minimum Marks, Age
AIIMS Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be checked by the candidates before applying for the written entrance test. AIIMS Nursing entrance test will be organized by the authority of AIIMS, New Delhi. After qualifying this entrance test, candidates must take admission in B.Sc. Nursing, Post basic nursing and M.Sc. nursing programmes. The admission to the candidates will be offered by various AIIMS and its affiliated institutes on the basis of score card. In this article, we have provided the complete details related to AIIMS Nursing eligibility criteria 2020.
AIIMS Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the given below eligibility criteria of AIIMS Nursing 2020 to be eligible for applying in the entrance exam:
For B.Sc (Hons) Nursing:
- Gender: Only female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit: Candidate applying must have attained the age of 17 years as on the 31st December, 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his 10+2 level exam or its equivalent form a recognized board or authority.
- Subjects: Candidate must have passed with the compulsory subjects of Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed with aggregate marks of 55% in Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English (50% for ST/SC).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates those are appearing in the last year of their 10+2 level exam can also apply.
For B.Sc Post Basic Nursing:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from a recognized board or university. Candidates those have passed 10+1 on or before 1988 are also eligible to apply.
- Registration: Candidate must be a registered midwife and registered nurse with the State Nursing council.
- One should have a diploma in general nursing and midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian nursing council.
- In case of male nurses, (if passed before implementation of new integrated course in 2003), beside being registered as a nurse with the State Nursing Council, should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and instead of Training in Midwifery, training in any subject out
of following, for a period of six months: i) O.T. Techniques, ii) Ophthalmic Nursing, iii) Leprosy Nursing, iv) TB Nursing, v) Psychiatric Nursing, vi) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing, vii) Community Health Nursing, viii) Cancer Nursing, ix) Orthopaedic Nursing (For BSc Nursing
For M.Sc Nursing:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed in B.SC (Hons) Nursing/B.SC Nursing post basic/post certificate/B.SC nursing from a board or university recognized by the Indian Nursing council.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed in the qualifying exam with 60% for General/OBC candidates (For ST/SC – 55%).
- Registration: Candidate must be a registered midwife and registered nurse with any of the Nursing council.
Reservation of Seats:
The seat reservation in the AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows:
In case if the seats remain vacant after the allocation of all SC candidates, the same will be offered to the candidates of ST category.
After the allocation of seats to all SC and ST candidates, if seats remain still vacant, the vacant seats will be offered to general candidates.
For Indian National candidates, 5% reservation of seats for person with benchmark disability is provided on horizontal basis.
AIIMS Nursing 2020 Registration
AIIMS Nursing 2020 Registration will be commenced from fourth week of November 2020 for B.Sc. post basic and B.Sc.Hons. nursing for basic registration.
The application form will be released by AIIMS authority through online mode for M.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. (Hons) and B.Sc. (Post basic) nursing courses.
The application fee can be paid by the candidates by online mode through debit/credit/internet banking after basic registration for final registration later on.
For General/OBC candidates the fee will be Rs.1500 and for reserved candidates it will be Rs.1200. The last date of online registration is expected till 2nd week of January 2020. Candidates must check the status of their application form from first week of January 2020.
AIIMS Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria must be checked thoroughly by the candidates before applying for the application form. The candidates those who will qualify the eligibility criteria and entrance test will be successfully provided admission in nursing courses.
If you have any query related to AIIMS Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask your query in the comments section below.