B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2020 – Check Dates & Selection Procedure

B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2020B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2020 will get started from June/July 2020. Karnataka is situated in the southwest India with Arabian Sea coastlines. The capital of this state is Bangalore (also known as Bengaluru). It is a high-tech hub, which is known for its education. Candidates can also get admission in NITs and IITs of this state along with some private institutions. The literacy rate of the state is 76% as recorded by the census 2011. In this article candidates can check the complete information related to the B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2020.

Get latest news & updates about B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2020 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Admission Procedure

Admission to UG & PG engineering courses are done through state level, national level and university level entrance exams.

Applications Closing Soon:

Few universities conduct their own entrance exam for offering admission in B.Tech courses and its specializations. The seats are offered on the basis of rules prescribed by the respective authority.

Entrance Exams

There are different entrance exams through which candidates can get admission into the engineering courses. Candidates can appear in JEE Main national level entrance exam whose score card is accepted by all colleges of the state.

The state authority will also conduct the state level entrance exam, i.e., KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance test) and COMEDK UGET. Candidates can appear in these exams to get admission in B.Tech course in state engineering colleges. There are university level exams also such as PEESAT and MU OET.

Top Engineering colleges in Karnataka

There are numbers of notable engineering colleges under government and private. Candidates can get admission in any of the universities on appearing the given above entrance exams.

Some of the names of the university are National Institute of Technology Surathkal, PES University Bangalore, Government Engineering College, etc.

B.Tech Admission 2020

To get admission in engineering courses (B.Tech), candidates have to be eligible for the exam. Below we have given the basic eligibility to sit in the written test.

• Candidate must be the Indian national.
  • Candidates should pass the 12th class or its equivalent from the recognized board.
  • Candidates should score 45% minimum marks (40% in case of SC/ST category).
  • The qualifying exam should pass with the PCM subject combination.
  • Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.

Selection Procedure

Candidates will be selected for the counselling on the basis of their ranks in the merit list. The authority after a few days of declaration of result will conduct the counselling.

The candidates will be called for the counselling after the declaration of merit list. Candidates have to verify their original documents to get seat in the participated colleges/institutions

Without appearing for the documents verification procedure candidates will not be considered for the seat allotment.

After choice filling and locking process, candidates will be allotted the seats as per the ranks and availability of seats.

Documents Required

Candidates can bring the listed below documents for getting admission in the allotted college. Without having these documents, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.

• Admit Card of qualifying entrance exam
  • Score Card of qualifying entrance exam
  • Category Certificate
  • 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
  • 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
  • Transfer Certificate
  • Character Certificate
  • Passport Size Photograph

If you have any other queries about B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.

1. Sana. K. Abdul gani says:

What entrance test does a college ask if we don’t get a rank in kcet comed-k and jee?

2. Nitin Desai says:

Want to now about common entrance exams for btec college in karnataka. When conducted the entrance exams..

3. Srikanth Reddy Gutthi Reddy says:

I missed to complete application form of comedk .But i want to study btech in karnataka .please help me . Is next time comedk application date extend. If they extend you notice me once

4. R.Dhevadarshini says:

Hi, iam from Tamil Nadu,will you accept my Tamil nadu board exam marks, I like to appear an engineer in Bangalore

5. Jagadish says:

Please tell how can I get seat in karnataka by Diploma qualification.. Which exam I should write

6. Bandana sarma says:

When will the engineering form be available for 2020

7. Saljith. ES says:

While applying comedk I am unable to upload my uplooad +2 mark sheet as under betterment exam, subsequenntly forgoten. Now the result published, released rank list without my name, I have 94.12 percentile.What to do next?
    Is it possible to അപ്ഡേറ്റ് my marks &entry in rank list?

8. Santosh upadhyay says:

I have got kcet ranking 43707.. my pcm % is 81.. can I get b.tech admission in Kle ms sheshagiri college of belgaum

9. Ayushmaan krishan dhar says:

I got 73% in 12th board and 85 percentile in JEE Mains .I belong to kasmiri migrant catogory.Can I get top ranked college in B. Tech in karnatka

10. Meghana says:

What is the last for kcet 2019

11. Ramesh says:

Hi,

Is there a separate entrance test for in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology to Join BTech

12. Avish Shetty says:

I am studying in STD 12 in Mumbai with PCMC subjects.
    What is the procedure to get admission in Btech in Karnataka for me?
    How do I appear for cet in Karnataka?

13. JIJI JAISON says:

Is there any examination centers in UAE for non-karnataka students

14. Shivee says:

I’m a citizen of Madhya Pradesh .if I clear the COMDECK exam , will there be any facilities for me like scholarship and all?

15. Y D Bavkar says:

Karnataka engineering college admissions still not started after one month of CET results. When it will start

16. Jobin says:

Which rank should i prefer for kcet document verification. Pls help me

17. shivanand says:

When B. Tech counclling start in karnataka

18. Abhishek iv says:

I Have passed pcm with 50% .and got comed k 54000rank .
    but failed in bio so will I get admission after passing bio supplementry

19. Rupal says:

HI, good info
    My daughter has done XII Science from Maharashtra. Have appeared for JEE Mains. Not appeared for Karnataka state entrance examination. Would like to take admission to engg college in Karnataka. What is the process of out of state students to get admission to Engg colleges in Karnataka?
    thanks
    Rupal

20. Vikas says:

I didn’t qualified in any entrance examinations. So, is there any chance to get admission?

21. Neeraj says:

Iam from haryana Iwant to take admission in Btec in karnatka college how is it possible

22. Srinivasan.G says:

Dear sir,

I was born and bought up in Karnataka and all my studies was in Karnataka, as i am a private employee, we had to travel all over India and my son has done his 10th and plus II in Karnataka, is he eligible to write kCET or not, will he be considered as a local Lad based on my Birth rights as a Kannadiga.

23. c n jha says:

whether there is any test centre outside karnataka also (may be in Delhi) for outside candidates for Karnataka CET, 2018.

24. T KANNAIAH says:

my son is studying at A.P and inter mediate examas completed and HE wish to do B.Tech at Bangalore .so kindly mention the name of entrance tests (like EAMCET in A.P) and any other language test for telugu students kindly reply.

25. P k dey says:

To get in to colleges like KNIT,UVCE ,RVCE for engg do I have to write KCET or AIEEE or IIT MAINS ???
    Pl advise accordingly.
    So should I take up CBSE or PUC syllabus for 10 + 2 stage.

26. khalid Rahmani says:

Dear Sir,
    I belong to Delhi and don’t know Kannada. I can appear in KCET exam 2018 entrance for B.Tech. Kannada language test is compulsory for other state who does not know kannada.

Please advise accordingly.
    Regards……….khalid Rahmani

27. K Mohammed Juneed says:

I am the native at Bellary and my education upto PUC was from Bellari, now presently settled in Kurnool (A.P.) my son is studying Intermediate 2nd Year MPC (PUC-II) is he eligible to write entrance for admission for Engineering in Karnataka

28. Nithyaa says:

Want to now about common entrance exams for engineering in Karnataka