GATE 2024 Registration (Till 20th Oct), Application – Register Here
GATE 2024 Registration Last date is till 20th October 2023 with late fee. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level entrance exam. IISc Bangalore is the organising authority of GATE 2024. It is primarily conducted every year for testing the comprehensive understanding of various UG subjects in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Arts/ Commerce. GATE score can be used for seeking admission into Master & direct doctoral courses in relevant branches.
IISc Bangalore & seven other IIT’s (IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee & IIT Madras) are the organizing authority on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, MoE, Govt. of India. Score of GATE is also used by various colleges & institutions for providing admission without MoE Scholarship/ Assistantship. Many PSU’s accept GATE score for their recruitment process. Below we have provided detailed information about the GATE Application Form 2024.
GATE 2024 Registration – Extended Till 20th Oct (With late fee)
GATE 2024 Registration Last date is till 20th October 2023 with late fee. Click here to register.
Here, we have mentioned complete details about the GATE 2024 Application form:
- The application process of GATE 2024 has been started by 30th August 2024
- Registration can be done by candidates through online mode only. No application is sold in any other form.
- Students can apply & appear for one or maximum of two subject papers only.
- Applicants must fill only one application form even if they are appearing for two subject papers. Multiple applications will get rejected without any refund of fee.
- Last date to register without late fee is till 12th October 2023.
- Also, students can submit applications with late fee is till 20th October 2023.
- In case students fill more than one application for same paper, they can appear only for one session.
- During registration process, candidates must provide valid details & upload valid certificates only.
- After submission of applications online, candidates need not to send any hard copy of their application forms/ documents to the authority or any zonal office.
- At the time of application process, students must be ready with below documents/ data for filling form:
- Candidate’s photograph (as per specifications)
- Candidate’s signature (as per specifications)
- Category certificate
- Valid photo id proof
- Degree details
- Fee payment methods, etc.
- GATE 2024 Application fee can be done through online mode.
- Fee payment can be done by applicants using debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ UPI/ wallet, etc.
- Additional online transaction charges may be applicable.
Check category wise application fee in the below given table:
|For Centers in India||Regular period||Extended period|
|Female candidates||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1400/-|
|SC/ ST/PwD category||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 1400/-|
|All other category||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 2300/-|
GATE 2024 Application Correction
The details if incorrectly entered by candidates in application form, can be edited only during opening of GATE 2024 Application correction facility. Students can alter/ modify/ edit details in the application form from 19th to 24th November 2023.
Changes during correction period can be done in application by furnishing supporting documents through online mode. GATE Correction request through any offline or other modes will not be entertained by the authority.
GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Before registering make sure you fulfill all the GATE Eligibility norms as discussed below:
- Those completed OR currently studying in 3rd or higher years of UG degree course from any recognized board/ authority in Engineering/ technology/ Science/ commerce/ Arts/ Architecture are eligible to appear for GATE exam.
Course Wise Eligibility:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/ Examination||Eligible candidates||Completion year (expected)|
|B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering Technology (4 year after 10+2 OR 3 year after B.Sc/ Diploma in Technology/ Engineering)||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2025|
|Pharm D (after 10+2)||6 year of diploma degree program, consisting of Internship OR residency training.||Currently in 3rd/4th / 5th/ 6th year OR already completed||2027|
|M.A/ M.Sc/ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Computer Application/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Arts or equivalent||Currently in 1st year OR higher grade OR already completed||2025|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm or dual degree (after diploma or 10 +2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 year program)||Currently in 3rd / 4th/ 5th year OR already completed||2026|
|B.Sc./ B.Com/ BA||Bachelor’s degree in branch of Arts/ Commerce/ Science (3 year program)||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024|
GATE 2024 Registration Dates
Here, check official GATE dates about application form, correction & other events:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Announced)|
|Notification releases||5th August 2023|
|Registration starts||By 30th August 2023|
|Last date to register (without any late fee)||12th October 2023|
|Last date to apply (with late fee)||20th October 2023|
|Modification/ Correction||19th to 24th November 2024|
|Availability of admit card||3rd January 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam||3rd, 4th & 10th, 11th February 2024|
How to Register for GATE 2024
Those candidates interested in applying for GATE 2024 can know complete application procedure in below given section:
- Visit the online website. (Link is given above)
- Click on the link provided as – ‘GATE 2024 Registration’.
- After clicking on the link, you will be redirected to new page displaying complete instructions to fill GATE application form.
- Go through complete details and start filling the form.
- Start filling asked details to generate OTP for login credentials.
- Login through provided credentials on the website & start filling form with personal, communication, qualification & other details.
- Now upload your scanned photograph, signature, category certificate & other documents as per the mentioned specifications.
- Pay application fee online using the payment modes as per your category.
- Re-verify all the details filled in the application form before the final submission.
- Check the status of application form online – received/ accepted/ under scrutiny/ defect status/ rejected with valid reasons/ status after rectification, etc.
- Take printout of application form and confirmation page and keep it for any further reference.
GATE Application FAQs:
If you have any other query related to GATE 2024 Application Form, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.