GATE 2019 Application Form Correction – Starts from 27th September

gate 2019GATE 2019 Application Form Correction can be done till  26th November 2018. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is organized by the 7 IITs and IISc on rotation basis. GATE 2019 registration process can be done through online mode. Candidates usually commit some mistakes or feed insufficient details while filling the application form. GATE 2019 examination is organized by the IIT, Madras. Board allow such candidates to correct their details or particular. In this article, we are providing information about GATE 2019 application form correction & scrutiny details.

GATE 2019 Notification – Exam City Correction Started

newiconGATE 2019 Application Form Correction in Exam City can be done from 13th to 16th November 2018.  Click here to make correction.

GATE 2019 Application Form Correction in Gender, Category, PwD Status, Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities can be done till 7th November 2018.

Click here to view correction notice.

Get latest news & updates about GATE 2019 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:

Candidates are requested to attend the defects marked on GATE 2019 application immediately. The last date for correcting the defect(s) has been extended till 26th November 2018. Corrections can be done in Name, DOB, Details of Parents/Guardian, Correspondence address & Qualifying degree Details.  Click here to attend the defects.

Candidates can correct/edit their GATE 2019 Application Form details through GOAPS login. The correction can be done in some fields of personal, academic and address details details.  Click here to GOAPS login.

GATE 2019 Exam Paper Change Request has been started. The change request can be done till 23rd October through GOAPS. Paper change will be effective only after successful payment of the fee. Click here to make correction.

GATE 2019 Registration can be done till 1st October 2018 (with late fee). Check here for application form details.

GATE 2019 Application Correction

Candidates can fill the GATE application form from 1st September 2018. The official authority has announce the correction dates through online mode.

Candidates can correct their mistakes by login to their account. The correction are allowed only to few fields.

Candidates have to done the correction within given time period. After it no candidate will be allowed to do correction further. The official authority may send the mail to the candidate’s registered email Id regarding status of the application and defects in the application form.

Candidates have to immediately rectify the identified defects within a stipulated time period. Failing to rectify the defects within a stipulated time period will lead to the rejection of the application form.

Correction in Examination City

Candidates can make correction/modification in the examination city in the month of November 2018. Corrections can be done through GOAPS login.

Candidates have to enter their Enrollment ID/Email Address & password and click on the submit button. Candidates also have to pay the correction fee. After correction, must take printout of the modified application for further use.

Correction in Other Details

Candidates can make changes in Name, DOB, College name and location, Roll No., Registration No. etc from 26th November 2018. Correction in other details will be announced later.

After login, candidates have to click on the “Change Personal Data” option. Now, make the necessary changes in the application details.

After submitting the modified details, candidates will be redirected to the payment page to pay any correction fee (if required). Below we have given details of correction fee:

• Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of Gender change from Female to Male/Transgender (not applicable for SC/ST and PwD candidates).
  • Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of Category change from SC/ST to Gen/OBC (not applicable for Female and PwD candidates).
  • Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of PwD status change from PwD to non-PwD (not applicable for Female and SC/ST candidates).

Requests for GATE 2019 application correction is entertained through online mode only. Correction in the application form is limited to some particulars only. Hence, candidates are strictly advised to fill all the changes carefully in the application form.

After submission of application form, candidates can check the application status.

How to Make Corrections

The corrections can be made through GOAPS login. Candidates can check the instructions regarding correction from below:

• Visit the official website link (link is given above).
  • The GOAPS portal will be opened.
  • Enter your login details like Enrollment ID / Email Address and Password.
  • Solve the arithmetic expression and click on “Submit” button.
  • Now, edit your application and make required changes.
  • Don’t forget to take printout of the application for further use.

Details/Items that can be Corrected

Below we have mentioned the fields and documents required for correction:

FieldsCommentsCorrection Window
NameAs per the document submitted in application27th September 2018
Date of BirthAs per the document submitted in application27th September  2018
Gender
  • Male to Female: Status can be changed, but no refund of FEE.
  • Female to Male: The difference of Rs. 750 to be paid.
31st October – 7th November 2018
CategorySC/ST to Gen/OBC: The difference of Rs. 750 to be paid.

Gen/OBC to SC/ST: Status can be changed, but no refund.

31st October – 7th November 2018
PwD StatusNO to YES: Status can be changed, but no refund (Scribe status has to be captured).

YES to NO: with fee as applicable Dyslexia and other similar
learning disabilities: Status can be changed with a valid proof.

31st October – 7th November 2018
Dyslexia and other
similar learning
disabilities
NO to YES: Status can be corrected with a valid proof.

YES to NO: Status can be corrected.

31st October – 7th November 2018
Details of Parents /
Guardian /
Correspondence
address
As per the document submitted in application27th September  2018
College name and
location, Roll No.,
Registration No.
As per the document submitted in application27th September  2018
Exam PaperCorrection with Fee17th – 23rd October 2018
Exam CityCorrection with FeeNovember 2018

Contact Details of Zonal GATE Offices

To request for corrections candidates have to send Email to their respective Zonal GATE Offices. Below we have provided the last year contact details such as Address, Phone Number and Email ID of the Zonal GATE offices:

If candidates have any query regarding GATE 2019 Application Form Correction Details, they can ask us by commenting below.

Displaying 3,210 Comments
  1. ROHIT KUMAR says:

I have selected wrong qualifying trade(branch) by mistake can it be corrected

2. karthik says:

i need iit zone mail id frds

3. karthik says:

I applied for gate exam 2017 and I came to know that I had made a mistake in the qualification details(ie the state has to be Tamil Nadu and not Rajasthan).what will i do??

4. Sugandha says:

I want to change the examination city.How can I change the examination city? Please let me know that where I have to request for this.

5. Darshan says:

1st- I did mistake in qualifying section, currently i’m studying in third year of BE degree instead of selecting No in “have you qualifyed this degree” i have selected Yes can i change this later..??
    2nd- i have uploaded right hand thumb impression instead of left, so what to do now.?

6. abhi says:

I have done mistake in parents name my zonal office is IIT madras how can I change

7. Gaurav Sharma says:

I did a mistake while entering the pincode?..Can I make correction of that later?

8. SOWMYASHREE H J says:

I have paid the payment through a sbi debit card.but i didnt get the payment msg and also the confirmation msg from gate 2017. What i should do? Please reply

9. pappu kumar says:

sir university name incorrect.how can correct it..
    please reply me sir

10. Subodh kumar says:

I want to change ID proof. Due to some mistake. please suggest me Sir.

11. Gireesh G Shintre says:

My application status is like Your Application is under scrutiny but I have not got any mail from them. What should I do?

12. Nikunj says:

i do mistake in college city. instead of vadodara i have entered surat. can it be correct.

13. sanat tyagi says:

how we know that we commit mistake in form because I saw my form it is in order and if there is any problem in my form so they will notify me??

14. Vicky says:

Sir please tell me how to correct the size of documents

15. Abhishek says:

sir….I can upload my right thumb expression by mistake….what should i do…is the form will reject…..or i will correct it on 20 october???

16. mangeshwar gawali says:

i did the minor spelling mistake in my perents name.

17. abhijit saha says:

how will i correct my form i am under standing

18. abhijit saha says:

u have sent a mail for correction the form but my account is not opened..

19. sibani Panigrahi says:

Sir, I uploaded a internet downloaded mark sheet. Can I notify by email to rectify that dgree certificate?

20. sherbanu says:

I have entered my university name instead of my college name but I entered the pin code of my clg..will it be OK?? or should I change during correction period..??

21. Koheli Modak says:

It was alright in application form. Bt in payment section it was shown that transaction is not completed bt the amt from my account was taken off

22. Amit shamrao raut says:

Sir by mistakanly I upload right thumb impression

So when I correct my thumb impression
    Plzzz rply me sir asap

23. Jayaprashanth S says:

Sir i had not mentioned my college name in the application.whether it will be corrected or it is not issue.

24. Amrita Mishra says:

i have uploaded the scanned photo with marron backgroud,so is there any problem.can i change it now.

25. balakrishna says:

Excuse me sir..i did mistake of graduation year,actually my graduation complete on 2017 but instead of that in application form filled 2016.what i have to do..give me some suggestions sir plzzzzzzzz

26. L Hari Narayanan says:

I have entered wrong date of birth and payment also has been done. how can I correct it please let me know.

27. Abhishek Kumar says:

Sir
    I miss spelled my college name ,how can I correct it.

28. CH VEERENDAR says:

sir,
    My name as per SSC CHETHARAJUPALLI VEERENDAR,but was i entered in application form it as CHTHARAJUPALLY VEERENDAR.Instead of ‘I’ I typed ‘Y’. What should I do now? sir please give me information how to contact our zonal officer.My zonal office is IIT MADRAS

29. Preeti Saroha says:

I filled in the GATE 2017 application form but I have typed in the wrong qualifying university. Instead of my post graduation qualifying university; i entered the details of my under graduation qualifying university… How can i correct it?? hoping for a reply

30. Ritesh says:

I have entered wrong branch in qualifying details but correct branch in Exam details. What should I do now?

31. Ritesh says:

32. Application form under process says:

Sir I had received mail as my signature was incorrect from IIT then I uploaded desired dimensions but till now my application form status is under process when it will be accepted what should I do.

33. summer says:

sir,
    i have entered my university pincode and city which is in tamil nadu intsead of entering my college pincode and city which is in kerala. Is there any possibility for my to correct this.pls help me sir with a reply

34. aejit says:

Sir as per instructions face in photograph should be able 75% but by mistake I forgot to crop my photo hence it is 55-60% of my face so what should I do now

35. manasa says:

sir,i have applied for gate 2017.i did a mistake in qualification degree. can i change it during c0rrection period

36. Sushant says:

I am graduate student but unfortunately I was make one mistake in option”Have you qualifying in above degree”. I was make it NO .
    Is there any option to make it correct.

• Hanif Khan says:

during the correction.

• sushant says:

Is there any option to make it correct.
        is there any possibility to reject my application form??????

• Hanif Khan says:

It may lead to rejection. There is a correction window after login your ID. Make that Correct.

37. satya says:

sir.my name is satya.I applied gate exam in internet shop my caste certificate uploaded wrongly they upload another paper.and he will submit after submit my application i will see my caste certificate wrongly upload in a application form.
    have any chance too reupload is possible too correction my certificate. i will waiting for u r response.

38. santanu kumar dawn says:

i am some problem correction necessary for change the certificate

39. DILIP NAMMI says:

Good afternoon sir.. Sir while applying for the Gate 2017 examination form mistakenly i have filled my educational qualifications as b-tech Mechatronics instead of B-tech MECHANICAL so please tell me sir how to change my stream.please do this needful thing sir..

40. Radhakrishna Reddy says:

Sir,can we change I’d proof details in correction period because in I’d field I entered Adhaar but in the field of I’d number I entered voter I’d number, please help me

41. Ram Anand says:

Sir my application status shows that I Had a problem in my Category certificate . It is showing that my certificate is invalid. Sir plese help me to understand on what terms my certificates are invalid.

42. soma saha says:

I have not entered the college destination and filled B.E instead of B.TECH. How do I rectify it?

43. jaybeer singh says:

I did a mistake in gate paper code . present time in mathematics and then the change the gate paper code in electrical engineering..so sir please how to change ..please reply me..

44. LOKENDRA BHASKAR says:

I did a mistake in writing year of graduation.can i correct it later during correction period??

45. divvela.mounika says:

sir, iam studying final year now but application passed batch please re correct

46. Parwati bhabhar says:

47. R Sunil Kumar says:

Dear Sir, I have to change my first exam city as Kolar instead of Bengaluru and vice versa

48. Aadil ullah khan says:

i have done mistake in writing my name “aadil ulla khan”
    and the correct name is “Aadil Ullah Khan”
    and have done same mistake in email id too “[email protected]
    and the correct one is [email protected]

49. Ankur jain says:

Sir I have entered my college address i.e. city wrong is there any method or chance I get to correct it.

50. harikrishna says:

Sir/madam
    Now I am pursuing b.tech
    I was applied gate exam 2017 in that process I done a upload of bonifide certificate issued by the college principal instead of provisional certificate.
    Then my application is come to validated or rejected
    Please tell me
    Thanking you sir/madam

• Mohit Negi says:

you will be informed via SMS or Email in case you documents are wrong, in such a case you will have to re-upload your documents.

• shivam saini says:

Sir meine apna pura naam nhi likha hai form mein by mistak and mera address uttarpradesh hona tha or meine uttrakhand Fill kr diya sir plz help me sir what im doing

51. Madivalappa Bani says:

52. jayanth kumar says:

Namaskar sir, i entered the wrong state regarding educational details. Sir will this effect future? If so plss tell me hw to overcome this problem……thankyou sir

53. abhilasha says:

sir on my application form, in the qualification details the name of college is showing with my hometown but my college city is different.
    So i am confused that what i wrote on that time
    can i correct that?
    if possible can i recheck it

• Moluguri Anil Kumar says:

sir I did a mistake in qualification details instead of writing my college name “Kamala Institute of Technology & science” Huzurabad. I wrote university name JNTUH university Huzurabad. please reply me….

54. deepanshu says:

sir by mistake i have clicked NO instead on YES in graduation status. i have just passed in 2016.

55. Rahul verma says:

Good afternoon sir.. Sir while applying for the Gate 2017 examination form mistakenly I fill up the 2nd choice city kanpur to kannur which is so large distence from Lucknow to kannur… How can correct it..please sir

56. ashwini says:

Sir while applying for the gate exam mistakenly i uploaded my sister privisional certificate latter.how can i correct it.

57. Anu says:

I have uploaded my photograph thumb impression and signature clicked by phone .but the resolution and size was as per specification.is correction required.or my form will get rejected.pls help.

58. Asif says:

I have entered parent’s mobile number same as mine…How can I correct it?

59. Poornima says:

I made mistake in entering dist name and pincode ..is it prblm to me

60. sreenivas says:

Sir it is not pwd certificate only caste certificate

61. sreenivas says:

With the cancellation of first one

62. sreenivas says:

Sir while applying for the gate exam mistakenly i uploaded my sister pwd caste certificate instead of mine can i replace it with my certificate in the correction period or I have any chance to apply for the exam with other mail Id and mobile number

63. Vikas yadav says:

i have made mistake in COLLEGE NAME.
    instead of ‘viva institute of technology ‘ i have written ‘ viva college of technology ‘ .
    is correction required ??

64. chaitanya kumar says:

Sir I have done mistake in writing parent name.What should I do to correct it.My zonal gate office is IIt kanpur

65. Alokemoy Mukherjee says:

I have uploaded my signature in capital letters…will be there any chance to correct it during scrutiny or my application will be rejected???

• Hanif Khan says:

make that correct. or you can leave it same but anytime in gate you have to mark this signature.

• radhika devi says:

I completed graduation but I did mistake in that…I filled no in that…but i’m also uploaded provisional certificate & college code… Any chance to correct it or I apply onceagain

• Hanif Khan says:

You may correct it from 20th October.

66. navneet says:

Sir I have done mistake in writing parent name.What should I do to correct it.My zonal gate office is IIT Delhi

67. divya says:

The option in the form was to fill the guardians name so I filled my mothers name instead of father’s as there was no such mention .So is this a mistake or it is just ok plz reply back asap.

68. Ram Abhishek says:

I have made mistake in writing birth year, mistakenly it has written 1996 instead of 1995 . How can I correct my birth year
    Please provide some helpful information

69. Rimple kalia says:

I did mistake in writing year of graduation. How this mistake is corrected.Please reply

70. alokemoy mukherjee says:

i have uploaded my sign in block letters.is the correction possible

71. Piyush says:

I did a mistake in writing qualifying year. Please tell me how to correct this ,will this effect later on. I have uploaded result cum detailed marksheet in gate form.