GCET 2024: Exam (Scrapped), Application Form, Dates, Eligibility
GCET 2024 Exam has been scrapped. JEE Main 2024 scores will be considered for providing admission in enigneering courses. GCET was a state level entrance exam conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa. It stands for Goa Common Entrance Test conducted for admissions to Degree courses in the field of Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Dentistry, etc. The admission to the medical and dental courses will be given on the basis of NEET UG scores and for architecture courses, NATA scores will be required. Admission to various government and private colleges of Goa will be given through national level entrance scores. In the given below article we have provided the complete details related to GCET 2024 exam such as important dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc.
GCET 2024 Notifications – Exam Scrapped
GCET 2024 Exam has been scrapped. Admission in engineering courses will be done through JEE Main 2024 scores. Check other details below.
JEE Main 2024 Application Form has been released from 2nd November 2023. Check here for registration details.
GCET 2024 Overview
|Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)
|Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
|Common Entrance Exam
|Mode Of Application
|Offline (Computer Based) Mode
GCET 2024 Exam Dates
Following are the tentative GCET 2024 exam dates:
|Application Form releases
|1st week of March 2024
|Last date of application form
|2nd week of April 2024
|Last date to apply with late fee
|3rd week of April 2024
|1st week of May 2024
|2nd week of May 2024
|3rd week of May 2024
|Announcement of Result
|1st week of June 2024
|3rd week of June 2024
GCET 2024 Application Form
Here are the complete details related to GCET 2024 application form:
- The application form will be released through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the registration form from the first week of March 2024.
- To register for the exam, candidates will be required to enter the details such as name, father’s name, mother name, and other asked details.
- Candidates must provide the valid details so that all the important information will be sent to candidate’s registered phone number & mail ID.
- Candidates will require to upload recent photograph and signature in prescribed format.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully, as correction facility may or may not be provided to fill the form.
- The GCET 2024 application form will be submitted till second week of April 2024.
- Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy of the application form for further usage.
- The application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be required to submit the fee of Rs. 2000/-. Late fee will be Rs. 1500/- for each candidate.
- Fee will be non-refundable in nature.
How to Apply for GCET 2024
- Step – 1: Visit the website of exam conducting authority (link will be given above).
- Step – 2: Click on the “Registration” link first.
- Step – 3: Now register using email ID and password.
- Step – 4: Check verification link sent on email id.
- Step – 5: Login using allotted details and fill the application form.
- Step – 6: Enter the academic and personal details and upload the images.
- Step – 7: Choose the subject options and proceed to the submit the fee.
- Step – 8: Select the exam centre after submitting the fee.
- Step – 9: Submit the form and download it for further usage.
GCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check below complete GCET 2024 eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be Indian citizen. Candidates belong to NRI/OCI/PIO will be allowed to apply under the NRI category.
- Qualification: Applicants must pass class 12th Intermediate or its equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Age Limit: Candidate age must be 17 years minimum as on or before 31st December 2024.
- Subject: Candidates must have Physics, Mathematics with one following subject Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology, Technical Vocational as a mandatory subject.
- Marks: Candidates must obtain 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in their qualifying exam.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 10+2+3 or its equivalent examination from any recognised board.
- Subjects: It will be compulsory for the candidates to have mathematics subject in qualifying exam.
- Scorecard: To be eligible for admission in architecture courses, candidates must score valid marks in the NATA 2024 examination.
GCET 2024 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete information related to GCET 2024 exam pattern:
- Mode of Exam: Through offline mode, GCET 2024 exam will be conducted.
- Total Questions: The exam paper will consist of total 75 questions.
- Type of Questions: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be asked in the exam.
- Duration: Total 2 hours will be allotted to solve the paper.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer.
GCET 2024 Syllabus
The GCET 2024 syllabus will be prepared as per the curriculum of class 12th (Science) of the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education. Some of the important topics from each subject is given below:
- Physics: Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic effects Of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems etc.
- Chemistry: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements, D And F Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers, aldehydes, ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Mathematics: Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Probability etc.
GCET 2024 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the given preparation tips for GCET 2024 Exam:
- Make a proper study schedule and follow it on the regular basis.
- Give proper attention to all the subjects.
- Firstly, go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern of GCET.
- Try to solve previous year’s papers to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.
- To maintain a concentration, take a break in between the studies.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle to focus on the study.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
GCET 2024 Admit Card
The GCET 2024 admit card will be released in the first week of May 2024. The authority will release the hall ticket through online mode only. With the help of login details i.e. application number and date of birth, candidates will be able to download it.
The GCET admit card will be the most important document to carry on the day of examination along with the valid photo ID to the exam venue. In case candidates found without admit card, they will not be allowed to sit in the exam hall.
GCET 2024 Answer Key
The authority will release the GCET answer key in the third week of May 2024. The answer key will be released through online mode only. Appeared candidates in the entrance exam will be able to download answer key from the website.
Candidates will be required to provide their logging details in the online portal. With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to calculate their probable scores in the exam. The authority will also provide the facility to raise an objection against the answer key. On the basis of raised objection, the final answer key will be published.
GCET 2024 Result
In the first week of June 2024, the GCET result will be declared by the authority. The result will be announced through online mode on the website. The result will be released in the form of merit list for all offered courses based on the scores of entrance exam.
To check the result, candidates will be required to enter their login credentials such as application number and date of birth. It will be appear on the screen after entering the valid details. Candidates are advised to keep the hardcopy of the result for further usage in admission procedure.
GCET 2024 Counselling
The GCET counselling procedure will start after the declaration of the result through online mode. It will be last process of admission. The counselling will be commenced from the third week of June 2024. For all the qualified candidates, it will be mandatory to participate in the counselling procedure.
Candidates will be called for the counselling procedure after the submission of admission form. After the completion of counselling process the authority will allot seats to the candidates. Candidates will also require to bring some important documents for the verification & submission procedure.
Documents Required for Counselling:
- Aadhaar Card
- Acknowledge card with Photograph
- College/ School-leaving certificate
- Residence certificate
- Copy of need admit card
- Date of birth certificate
- Photograph on the form
- Statement of marks/ certificate/provisional certificate of passing HSSC
GCET 2024 Participating Institutes
- Agnel Institute of Technology & Design
- Don Bosco College of Engineering, Fatorda
- Goa Engineering College, Farmagudi
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Goa
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering, Verna
- Goa Medical College
- E.S Rajaram & Tarabai Badekar College of Pharmacy
- Institute of Nursing Education
- Shree Kamaxidevi Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- Goa Dental College and Hospital
- Goa College of Architecture
- Vrundavan Institute of Nursing Education
- Gomantaki Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya and Research Centre
If you have any query regarding the GCET 2024 exam, then you can ask below in the comment section.