GPAT 2018: Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Admit Card, Pattern
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is administered by the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE). This test is conducted to select the most appropriate candidates for Pharmacy education. Every year, GPAT is conducted in the month of January for admission to postgraduate pharmacy courses. GPAT score is being used by all AICTE approved Institutions/University Departments and Constituent Colleges. Scores are also considered for providing scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy. Candidates willing to take admission in M.Pharma programme for the academic year 2018-2019 can check details about GPAT 2018 in this article.
GPAT 2018 Exam Date
Check the GPAT Exam Date 2018 including the dates of application, admit card, exam and result. All the dates given below are tentative:
|Online GPAT Registration Start Date||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last Date for Registration||4th week of December 2017|
|Date of GPAT 2018 Examination||4th week of January 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of January 2018|
|Announcement of the Results of GPAT 2018||2nd week of February 2018|
|Downloading of Score Cards||2nd week of February 2018|
GPAT 2018 Registration
- Candidates can register for GPAT 2018 through online mode only by accessing the official website of AICTE-GPAT.
- AICTE will released the GPAT application form 2018 in the second week of October 2017 tentatively.
- The facility for online registration will be available till the last week of December 2017.
- The registration process involves 3 steps: self registration, fee payment and filling of details in application form.
- At the time of registration, candidates also need to upload scanned signature (size should be 60 x 90 (≤30 Kb))and scanned photograph (size should be 140 x 160 (≤60 Kb)).
- Candidates should make sure that all the fields in the application form are filled correctly as no date will be change once the form is finally submitted.
- At last, candidates can print their filled form and retain the copy of same for further references.
The details of application fee category-wise is given in the below table:
|GEN/OBC Candidates||Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
Mode of Payment:
Applicants for GPAT 2018 can choose to pay fee online through credit card/debit card/net banking. Applicants can also make payment through SBI Challan. Such candidates have to download the challan from the official website and then visit to the nearby SBI branch with the requisite cash and challan for paying the fee. In case of Challan, Cash will be accepted from the next day of challan generation.
Candidates shall have to fulfill the following eligibility requirements to be eligible for applying GPAT 2018:
- Nationality: Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- Qualifying Examination: The minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) of duration 4 years. Candidates passed/appearing the lateral entry B.Pharma programme is also eligible to apply.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are in final year of B.Pharma course are eligible for appearing the GPAT 2018.
- No Age Criteria: No age restriction is there for appearing the online examination of GPAT.
GPAT Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates can check the GPAT exam pattern 2018 to know the structure of question paper and marking scheme. The details are given below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be carried out as online Computer Based Test (CBT) where questions will be shown on a computer screen.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple-choice questions only.
- Maximum Marks: There will be total 125 questions carrying 500 marks.
- Medium: The medium of the test paper will be English only.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will carry 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: The wrong answer will result in negative marking. For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. Question not attempted will result in zero mark.
GPAT Syllabus 2018
GPAT syllabus include the questions of Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) level. The subjects covered under the syllabus are Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Management, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy. The detailed syllabus will be provided when it will be released by the authority.
GPAT Preparation Tips 2018
- First of all, collect all the details regarding exam pattern and syllabus.
- Selection of right book is the most important step for the exam preparation.
- Practice sample papers/previous year question papers.
- Revision is very important so make your schedule like you will get the enough time for revising the earlier prepared topics.
- Take a proper sleep and also maintain your health.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
GPAT Admit Card 2018
- GPAT 2018 admit card will be available for download from AICTE-GPAT website in the second week of January 2018.
- Candidates need to login using username and password to download the admit card.
- A printout of downloaded admit card must be brought to the test centre on the day of examination.
GPAT Result 2018
- GPAT 2018 result is expected to be declared in the second week of February 2018.
- Result will be announced online through the official website of AICTE-GPAT.
- Candidates can apply for admission to M.Pharma course on the basis of GPAT scores.
GPAT Score Card:
- GPAT 2018 Score card will be released by AICTE after the declaration of results.
- To download the score card, candidates have to enter details like email address and password.
- Score card is valid only for one year i.e. for admission to the current academic session only.
GPAT Merit List:
- All India merit list will be prepared based on the scores obtained by the candidates in online entrance examination of GPAT.
- The merit list specifies Rank, Candidate Roll number, Total Score, Category and Qualified/Not-Qualified status of all the candidates.
GPAT Counselling 2018
- Candidates can participate in the GPAT counselling conducted individually by the institutions.
- Candidates are required to take part in the admission procedure of respective institutions based on GPAT scores 2018.
- Allotment of seats will depend upon candidate scores in entrance exam.
For any queries regarding GPAT 2018, you may leave your comments below.