GPAT 2023: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
GPAT 2023 exam will be conducted by the NTA to give admission to the candidates into the master’s degree program in the field of Pharmacy (M.Pharma). The marks scored in the GPAT exam will be accepted by all the AICTE Approved Institutions/ University Departments/ Constituent/ Colleges/ Affiliated Colleges. To appear for the examination candidates need to match with the eligibility and check all the requirements of the authority. The application form for the GPAT 2023 will be available via online mode. In this article, we have provided all the information regarding the GPAT 2023 entrance exam such as exam dates, eligibility criteria, admission process, admit card, counselling, etc.
GPAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||GPAT|
|Full form||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses offered||Master’s degree in Pharmacy|
|Level of examination||National level|
|Mode of examination||Online (CBT mode)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
GPAT 2023 Exam Dates
In the table given below, we have mentioned the tentative GPAT Exam Dates 2023:
|Online registration starts from||4th week of December 2022|
|Last date of form submission||Last week of January 2023|
|Correction facility||1st week of February 2023|
|Release of admit card||3rd week of February 2023|
|Entrance exam date||Last week of February 2023|
|Answer key publish||3rd week of March 2023|
|Result declaration date||4th week of March 2023|
GPAT 2023 Application Form
Here we have mentioned some important points regarding GPAT Application Form:
- The application form will be available through online mode through the website.
- The interested candidates can go through all instructions of the form-filling process.
- Candidates need to match the eligibility criteria to apply for the GPAT 2023 examination.
- The submission for the Application form of the GPAT 2023 will be tentatively started from the 4th week of December 2022 and will last till the last week of January 2023.
- With the correction facility, candidates can correct their mistakes in the application form or make changes in it.
- Candidates need to fill out the application form before the last date of submission.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future references.
The application fee will be submitted in the online mode only by using some of the online transaction gateways such as Credit Card, Debit Card, Net-Banking, UPI Payment.
Application fee (category wise) is given below:
|General/ UR (Male)||INR 2000/-|
|Female/ Transgender/ UR- EWS/ OBC- NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 1000/-|
GPAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to match the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. The GPAT eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Qualification: Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent from a recognized university are eligible.
- Nationality: Candidates must be citizens of India to apply for the GPAT 2023.
- Age: The exam conducting authority has not decided any age limit for the GPAT 2023 examination anyone can apply.
- Appearing: Those candidates who are going to appear in the final year of their bachelor’s in 2023 will also be able to apply for the examination.
GPAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the GPAT 2023 has been provided below:
- Examination Mode: The mode of the examination will be online only through CBT (Computer Based Test).
- Medium: The medium of examination will be English Language.
- Duration: The total duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: For every accurate response, candidates will get 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Section wise exam pattern for GPAT will be as follows:
|Type of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
GPAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the GPAT 2023 will be prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates will be able to check the syllabus for the GPAT 2023 through the website.
GPAT Syllabus of Pharmaceutical Chemistry:
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry Dentifrices, desensitizing agents, & anticaries agents Pharmaceutical Impurities Isotopes Monographs Medicinal Chemistry Various classes of therapeutic agents Different classes of therapeutic drugs Therapeutic classes of drugs Different classes of therapeutic drugs|
GPAT Syllabus of Pharmaceutics:
|Pharmaceutics||Pharmacy Profession & Introduction to Pharmaceuticals Introduction to dosage form Biological products Pharmaceutical Plant, location, layout Ophthalmic preparations Preformulations Packaging Materials Cosmetics Pilot plant scale-up techniques Dosage Form Necessities and Additives Powders Sources of drug information Tablets Parenteral – product requiring sterile packaging Suspensions Emulsions Suppositories Stability of formulated products Prolonged Action Pharmaceuticals Novel Drug delivery system GMP and Validation Semisolids Allopathic dosage form Crude extract Allergenic extract Capsules Liquids(solutions, syrups, elixirs, spirits, aromatic water, liquid for external uses) Pharmaceutical Aerosols|
GPAT Syllabus of Pharmacology:
|Pharmacology||General Pharmacology, Principles of toxicology, Drugs acting on urinary system Pharmacology of peripheral nervous system Pharmacology of central nervous System Pharmacology of cardiovascular system Immunopharmacology Drugs acting on Respiratory system Pharmacology of Endocrine system Neurohumoral transmission in autonomic and central nervous system Vitamins & Minerals Chemotherapy Autacoids and their Antagonists Pharmacology of a drug acting on the gastrointestinal tract Chronopharmacology|
GPAT Preparation Tips
Following are the effective preparation tips for the GPAT 2023 examination:
- Go through the whole syllabus and the exam pattern of the GPAT 2023
- Do regular practice exams.
- Create your study format and stick to it religiously.
- Try to avoid last minutes preparations.
- Work through the previous year’s questions and sample papers.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid engaging in any harmful activities.
- Stay focused on your studies by avoiding all the distractions.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
GPAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for the GPAT 2023 will be released by the NTA in third week of February 2023. After releasing the admit card candidate will be able to download the admit card through online mode. The admit card contains the candidate’s details like name, father’s name, exam center, time, and date of the examination.
The GPAT admit card will be released for the candidates who will successfully register themselves for the examination by filling in all the required details and paying the fee for the application form. Candidates are required to keep a printout of the admit card for safety as it will be used at the time of examination.
GPAT 2023 Answer Key
GPAT Answer Key 2023 will be provided to students through online mode. The Answer Key will be released in third week of March 2023.
Firstly, authority will release the provisional answer key along with the objection facility. Candidates can challenge the provisional answer key by paying the required fee. In the second phase, the final answer key will be released after the completion of objection facility.
GPAT 2023 Result
The GPAT Result will be declared by the exam conducting authority in last week of March 2023. Every candidate who participated in the GPAT 2023 examination will be able to check the result through online mode.
The candidate are required to enter their roll number and password to download the GPAT score card 2023. After entering all the mandatory details the result will appear on the screen. Candidates must take printout of the result for further use.
GPAT 2023 Merit List
The merit list will be released after few days of declaration of result. GPAT merit list will be prepared for the shortlisting candidates based on their performance in the entrance examination. It will contains the names and roll no. of all Indian rank of Candidates.
The admission in M.Pharma programs of various participating institutes will be offered on the basis of candidates’ rank in the merit list. The merit list will be published through online mode.
GPAT 2023 Counselling
There will be no centralized counselling organized by the NTA for GPAT qualified candidates. The GPAT counselling process will be conducted by every participating Institute individually. It will be regulated through online or offline mode as decided by the respective authority.
Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling procedure according to their rank. The complete details of the counselling procedure will be intimated to the candidates through the website of the respective participating institute. Seat will be allotted by the authority on the basis of rank, availability of seats and cut-off marks.
For any other queries about GPAT 2023, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.