GPAT 2024: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
GPAT 2024 Exam will be held in second week of May 2024. GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) is a national level entrance exam conducted every year. The exam is conducted to provide admission in M. Pharma programmes. It will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). The GPAT scores is accepted by all AICTE institutions, Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), affiliated colleges, and institutions. The application form will be available through online mode to participate in the exam. In this article, we have mentioned details about GPAT 2024 such as application form, eligibility, etc.
GPAT 2024 Overview
|Full form||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Exam level||National level|
|Courses offered||Master’s degree in pharmacy|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
GPAT 2024 Exam Dates
Below we have provided tentative exam dates for GPAT 2024:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Application form starts||2nd week of February 2024|
|Last date to apply||1st week of March 2024|
|Correction facility||2nd week of March 2024|
|Admit Card||4th week of March 2024|
|Exam Date||1st week of April 2024|
|Provisional Answer Key||3rd week of April 2024|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of April 2024|
GPAT 2024 Application Form
Check the details about GPAT 2024 Application Form with some instructions below:
- GPAT 2024 Application Form will release in second week of February 2024.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the application form.
- The application form for GPAT 2024 will be available through online mode.
- Applicants must fill the application form with details such as personal, academic, contact details, etc.
- The authority will also provide the correction facility to the candidates in second week of March 2024.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph, signature in prescribed size and format.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till first week of March 2024.
- Candidates need to take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- GPAT 2024 Application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to pay the fee using Debit card, Credit card, and Net Banking/ UPI.
The fee for different category are as follows:
|General (UR)/ Male||Rs. 2200/-|
|Women/ SC/ ST/ OBC – NCL||Rs. 1100/-|
How to Apply for GPAT 2024
- Step-1: Visit the website (link will be provided above).
- Step-2: Candidates have to register by entering email id and mobile number.
- Step-3: Candidates have to fill the application form with details such as personal, educational, etc.
- Step-4: After filling the form candidate have to click “Save and Preview”.
- Step-5: Upload the scanned photograph with 10 KB to 200 KB size and signature with 4 KB to 30 KB.
- Step-6: Pay the application fee through online mode.
- Step-7: Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
GPAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for GPAT 2024 is mentioned below:
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit for candidates appearing in GPAT 2024.
- Nationality: To be eligible for exam, applicants must be Indian citizens.
- Qualification: Candidates must be graduated in Pharmacy or equivalent from any recognized university/ institute.
- Appearing: Those candidates appearing in final year in 2024 will also be eligible to apply for exam.
GPAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the GPAT Exam Pattern 2024 below:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Duration: 3 hours will be allotted to candidates to solve the paper.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 125 questions in the exam.
- Medium: The paper will be in English language only.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for correct answer. For incorrect response 1 mark will be deducted.
Check the section-wise marking scheme below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Allied Subjects||38||152|
|Pharmaceutics & Allied Subjects||38||152|
|Pharmacognosy & Allied Subjects||10||40|
|Pharmacology & Allied Subjects||28||112|
GPAT 2024 Syllabus
The GPAT 2024 Syllabus will be prescribed by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education. The paper will be divided into three sections i.e., Physical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, and Pharmacology.
Check the various topics for different sections are as follows:
- Physical Chemistry: Composition and physical stats of matter, colligative properties, thermodynamics, refractive index, solutions, electrochemistry, ionic equilibrium, kinetics, etc.
- Pharmaceutics: Pharmacy profession and introductions to pharmaceuticals, introduction to dosage form, sources of drug information, allopathic dosage form, crude extract, allergenic products, powders, capsules, tablets, emulsions, GMP and validation, etc.
- Pharmacology: General pharmacology, neurohumoral transmission in autonomic and central nervous system, pharmacology of central nervous system, drugs acting on urinary system, chemotherapy, autacoids, and their antagonists, immunopharmacology, vitamins and minerals, principles of toxicology.
GPAT 2024 Preparation Tips
Check the preparation tips for GPAT 2024 to prepare better in examination:
- Candidates must have to make a proper strategy of study and follow it on regular basis.
- Know the complete syllabus of the GPAT 2024 exam along with the exam pattern.
- Check all the previous year’s question papers to improve your skills.
- Take a mock test and analyze your preparation for the exam.
- Applicants must study from material that will be available online and the books which are recommended by the professionals and students.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
GPAT 2024 Admit Card
GPAT Admit Card will be available through online mode. To download the hall ticket candidate have to enter registration number and Date of Birth. It will release in fourth week of March 2024.
Admit Card will contains basic details such as candidate name, candidate photograph, venue, time, seat number, centre, etc. Candidate should carry their admit card on the day of the examination as no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
GPAT 2024 Answer Key
The GPAT Answer Key will release in third week of April 2024. It will be available in PDF format. The answer key will release along with the objection facility. Applicants will be able to challenge the answer key by paying required fee.
The answer key will help the candidates to calculate the estimated marks secured by them in entrance test. With the help of the answer key candidates will be able to predict their scores before the declaration of the result.
GPAT 2024 Reservation Criteria
Candidates who want to participate in institutes which are governed by Central Government, the reservation criteria will be applicable:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|General Economically Weaker Sections (General-EWS)||10%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||40%|
GPAT 2024 Result
The GPAT result will declare in fourth week of April 2024 through online mode. Authority will prepare the merit list for qualified candidates. To check the result candidate need to enter roll number and password.
After entering the details on the website, the result will be displayed on the screen. The candidate needs to take the printout of the GPAT 2024 result for the further counselling procedure.
GPAT 2024 Counselling
The candidates will be called for GPAT 2024 Counselling on the basis of merit list. Counselling will commence individually by the various NTA approved institutions for candidates. The qualified applicants will have to register separately for institutions in which they want to take admission in.
Based on GPAT scores more than 800 institutes offers admission in Pharmacy programmes. At the time of document verification candidates will have to bring following documents:
- Class 10th & 12th marksheet
- GPAT 2024 Admit Card
- Graduation marksheet
- Category certificate
- GPAT 2024 Rank card
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Valid ID Proof, etc.
GPAT 2024 Participating Institutes
Following are the various participating institutes of GPAT 2024:
- AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Anand Pharmacy College, Anand
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Bharat Institute of Technology, Meerut
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Bengal School of Technology, Hooghly
- Dr Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Science and Research University, New Delhi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- University of Kashmir, Srinagar
- Maharashtra College of Pharmacy, Nilanga
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University
- Oriental College of Pharmacy, College
If you have any other query related to GPAT 2024, then you can leave your comments below.