HP PAT 2020: HP Polytechnic Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility
HP PAT 2020 will be organized for registering candidates in polytechnic courses. HP PAT (Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Test) is a state level exam. HP Polytechnic Exam will be organised once in a year by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board. Candidates can participate in this entrance test to get admission in various polytechnic colleges of Himachal Pradesh state. Candidates who want to enrol for the HP PAT 2020 Exam may go through this article for various details like important dates, application form syllabus, eligibility criteria, pattern of exam etc.
HP PAT 2020 Exam Dates
Some important dates of HP PAT examination are listed below.
|Online Registration Start||1st Week of April 2020|
|Online Registration Close||1st Week of May 2020|
|Admit Card Released||2nd Week of May 2020|
|Exam Date||3rd Week of May 2020|
|Answer Key Release||3rd Week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th Week of May 2020|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of June 2020|
HP PAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill their application form with the help of guidelines given below:
- HP PAT 2020 Application Form will be released in the first week of April 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- Fill all the required personal, educational & other details in the application form.
- Upload your photograph and signature in the required format.
- Pay application fee and print the application form for further admission process.
- Candidates need to pay only Rs. 650/- for General Category and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/OBC Category as application fee.
- Fee can be paid through debit/credit card and via net banking.
- Fee can also be paid by the offline mode through Challan of State Bank of India.
- The details of challan must be filled by the candidate for confirmation of application fee.
HP PAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for HP PAT 2020 examination is mentioned below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass 10th standard from a recognized board. Candidates appearing in 10th standard in 2020 are also eligible.
- Marks Required: Candidates must secure minimum 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates must be physically and mentally fit.
- Subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English subjects are compulsory.
- Domicile: Candidates must be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh state.
HP PAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be organized in offline mode.
- No. & Type of Questions: There will be 150 questions in MCQ format.
- Total Marks: Total marks of the exam will be 600.
- Duration: Exam will be of three hours duration (180 minutes).
- Answering Mode: Black/blue ball pen will be used by the candidates for marking their answers.
- Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for wrong answers. 4 marks will be given for right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for wrong answer.
- Language of Exam: The question paper will be in Hindi and English languages.
|Subjects||No. of questions|
HP PAT 2020 Syllabus
The subject wise syllabus of HP PAT examination is given below:
- English: Active & Passive voice, comparisons, non-finites, preposition, relatives, countable and uncountable nouns etc.
- Physics: Reflection, Refraction, Human eye, Electricity, Magnetic effect of Electric current, Sources of Energy and Environment etc.
- Chemistry: Structure of the atom, Chemical reactions and equations, Acids bases and salts, Metals and non-metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Periodic classification of Elements etc.
- Mathematics: Real numbers, Polynomials, Pair of Linear equations in two variables, Quadratic equations, Arithmetic progression, Triangles, Co-ordinate geometry, trigonometry, construction etc.
HP PAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can prepare for the exam easily with the help of some tips and tricks given below:
- Focus on the exam and prepare the whole syllabus topic wise. Don’t go through the syllabus which is not related to the exam.
- Make a proper schedule for preparation and try your best to follow the schedule.
- Candidates can also consider some previous year question papers of the examination.
- Make short notes during the exam preparations and revise them on daily basis.
- Do meditation & yoga it will help you to concentrate in your studies.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
HP PAT 2020 Admit Card
Himachal Pradesh PAT 2020 Admit Card will be released in the second week of May 2020. Admit card will not be delivered to the candidates via post. For downloading admit card, candidates have to enter the required details on the website.
No candidate will be permitted to sit in the entrance test without admit card. Admit card will have details like candidate name, roll no., photograph, signature, address of test centre and test schedule.
HP PAT 2020 Answer Key
The authority will also release HP PAT answer key for all the sets of paper via online mode. Answer key will be released during the third week of May 2020.
Candidates can download the answer key of their set from the website and can match their answer. Candidates may also get the opportunity to challenge against the answer key.
HP PAT 2020 Result
HP PAT 2020 Result will be declared by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board in the fourth week of May 2020. Result will be available in the website and it will not be sent by the post to the candidates.
A merit list will also be published based on marks secured by the candidates in the exam. In case of tie, basis of rank will be age of the candidates. On the basis of merit list, counselling will be organized.
HP PAT 2020 Counselling
HP PAT 2020 Counselling will be start from the first week of June 2020. Candidates will be called for counselling Based on merit. Candidates must participate in the process of counselling for locking their seat for admission. Counselling will be organized in various rounds.
If a candidate participates in the first round and locked his/her seat for admission such candidates can also participate in the second round of counselling if they want to change their college or branch. In such cases, second round counselling will be considered as final. Same point is also applicable in the third round of counselling.
HP PAT Admission Procedure
The admission procedure will start after the process of counselling. For admission, candidates need to visit the college personally and complete the remaining formalities.
For admission process, candidates will carry their original documents with one set of photocopies of all documents. Candidates will also be submitting their course fee at the time of admission.
If candidates have any inquiry regarding HP PAT 2020, they can leave their queries in the comment section given below.