HP PAT 2020: Counselling (Started), Dates, Allotment (Released)
HP PAT 2020 Spot Counselling has been started through offline mode from 16th November 2020. The exam has been cancelled due to corona pandemic. Admission is on the basis of qualifying exam based on merit. HP PAT (Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Test) is a state level exam. There will be no examination for HP PAT 2020 due to corona pandemic. Candidates who want to enrol for the HP PAT 2020 Exam may go through this article for various details like important dates, result, counselling, etc.
HP PAT 2020 Notifications – Counselling Started (Spot Round)
Get complete updates of HP PAT 2020 Admission & counselling Procedure from here. Click here to view details.
HP PAT 2020 Spot round counselling has been started through offline mode from 16th November 2020. Check here for counselling details.
HP PAT 2020 Examination for Covid positive students will start from 14th December 2020.
HP PAT 2021 Exam will be conducted in third week of May 2021. Check complete details about HP PAT 2021 here.
HP PAT 2020 Exam Dates
Some important HP PAT dates for examination are listed below.
|Online Registration Start||23rd September 2020|
|Online Registration Close||6th October 2020|
|Allotment of 1st round counselling||13th October 2020|
|Reporting of candidate||On/ Before 17th October 2020|
|Last date of 1st round counselling||21st October 2020|
|Submission of new application on the basis of seats availability||23rd to 26th October 2020|
|Allotment of 2nd round counselling||29th October 2020|
HP PAT 2020 Result
HP PAT Result has been declared by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board. Result is made available in the website in the form of merit list. It has not been sent by the post to the candidates.
A merit list has also been published based on marks secured by the candidates in the exam. In case of tie, basis of rank will be age of the candidates. On the basis of merit list, counselling has been organized.
HP PAT 2020 Counselling
HP PAT Counselling has been started from 23rd September 2020. Candidates are called for counselling Based on merit. Candidates must participate in the process of counselling for locking their seat for admission. Counselling has been organized in various rounds.
If a candidate participates in the first round and locked his/her seat for admission such candidates can also participate in the second round of counselling if they want to change their college or branch. In such cases, second round counselling is considered as final. Same point is also applicable in the third round of counselling.
HP PAT Admission Procedure
The admission procedure is started after the process of counselling. For admission, candidates need to visit the college personally and complete the remaining formalities.
For admission process, candidates must carry their original documents with one set of photocopies of all documents. Candidates must submit their course fee at the time of admission.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
HP PAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill their application form with the help of guidelines given below:
- HP PAT 2020 Application Form has been released from 23rd September 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- The last date to submit the application form is till 6th October 2020.
- Fill all the required personal, educational & other details in the application form.
- Upload your photograph and signature in the required format.
- Pay application fee and print the application form for further admission process.
- Candidates need to pay only Rs. 650/- for General Category and Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/OBC Category as application fee.
- Fee can be paid through debit/credit card and via net banking.
- Fee can also be paid by the offline mode through Challan of State Bank of India.
- The details of challan must be filled by the candidate for confirmation of application fee.
HP PAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The HP PAT eligibility criteria for examination is mentioned below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass 10th standard from a recognized board. Candidates appearing in 10th standard in 2020 are also eligible.
- Marks Required: Candidates must secure minimum 35% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates must be physically and mentally fit.
- Subjects: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and English subjects are compulsory.
- Domicile: Candidates must be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh state.
HP PAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Here, we have given the HP PAT exam pattern below:
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be organized in offline mode.
- No. & Type of Questions: There will be 150 questions in MCQ format.
- Total Marks: Total marks of the exam will be 600.
- Duration: Exam will be of three hours duration (180 minutes).
- Answering Mode: Black/blue ball pen will be used by the candidates for marking their answers.
- Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for wrong answers. 4 marks will be given for right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for wrong answer.
- Language of Exam: The question paper will be in Hindi and English languages.
|Subjects||No. of questions|
HP PAT 2020 Syllabus
The subject wise HP PAT syllabus examination is given below:
- English: Active & Passive voice, comparisons, non-finites, preposition, relatives, countable and uncountable nouns etc.
- Physics: Reflection, Refraction, Human eye, Electricity, Magnetic effect of Electric current, Sources of Energy and Environment etc.
- Chemistry: Structure of the atom, Chemical reactions and equations, Acids bases and salts, Metals and non-metals, Carbon and its Compounds, Periodic classification of Elements etc.
- Mathematics: Real numbers, Polynomials, Pair of Linear equations in two variables, Quadratic equations, Arithmetic progression, Triangles, Co-ordinate geometry, trigonometry, construction etc.
HP PAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can prepare for the exam easily with the help of some HP PAT preparation tips and tricks given below:
- Focus on the exam and prepare the whole syllabus topic wise. Don’t go through the syllabus which is not related to the exam.
- Make a proper schedule for preparation and try your best to follow the schedule.
- Candidates can also consider some previous year question papers of the examination.
- Make short notes during the exam preparations and revise them on daily basis.
- Do meditation & yoga it will help you to concentrate in your studies.
HP PAT 2020 Admit Card
Himachal Pradesh PAT Admit Card will be released via online mode. Admit card will not be delivered to the candidates via post. For downloading admit card, candidates have to enter the required details on the website.
No candidate will be permitted to sit in the entrance test without admit card. Admit card will have details like candidate name, roll no., photograph, signature, address of test centre and test schedule.
HP PAT 2020 Answer Key
The authority will also release HP PAT answer key for all the sets of paper via online mode. Answer key will be released in the month of November 2020.
Candidates can download the answer key of their set from the website and can match their answer. Candidates may also get the opportunity to challenge against the answer key.
If candidates have any inquiry regarding HP PAT 2020, they can leave their queries in the comment section given below.