HP PAT 2023: HP Poly Counselling (Started), Allotment, Cut Off
HP PAT 2023 Counselling (Special Spot Round) will be held on 17th August 2023. Examination is conducted every year by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board (HPTEB), Dharamshala. This exam is conducted each year on state level. The qualified candidates from the entrance examination can get admission in various Government and Private Polytechnic institutions across the Himachal Pradesh State. The examination is conducted for those candidates who are seeking admission in various Diploma Courses of Engineering, Pharmacy, and other fields. Through this article, candidates can check complete details about HP PAT 2023 exam including exam dates, result etc.
HP PAT 2023 Notifications – Counselling On 17th Aug (Spot Round)
HP PAT 2023 Counselling (Special Spot Round) will be held on 17th August 2023. Check here for counselling details.
Get Complete details about HP PAT 2023 Admission and counselling from here. Click here to view details.
HP PAT 2024 Exam will be conducted through offline mode. Get more details about HP PAT 2024 here.
HP PAT 2023 Result has been declared on 1st June 2023. Check here for result details.
HP PAT 2023 Answer Key has been released on 27th May 2023. Check here for answer key details.
HP PAT 2023 Overview
|Full Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||HP PAT|
|Conducting Body||HP Takniki Shiksha Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Types||UG Level|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
HP PAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the complete dates of HP PAT 2023 from below:
|Availability of application form||4th April 2023|
|Last date for submitting the application form||2nd May 2023|
|Admit card availability||11th May 2023|
|HP PAT 2023 exam date||21st May 2023|
|Answer Key will be released||27th May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||1st June 2023|
|Counseling starts from||14th June 2023|
HP PAT 2023 Answer Key
HP PAT Answer Key has been released through online mode only on 27th May 2023. Authority has released the answer key in the PDF format.
The answer key consist the correct answer of the questions asked in the entrance examination. Through the answer key, candidates are able to predict their score even before the declaration of the result. The authority may also provide the objection facility for answer key.
HP PAT 2023 Result
The HP PAT result has been declared by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board. It has been declared on 1st June 2023. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score secured by the candidate in the entrance exam.
For general category candidates, the qualifying marks will be 90%, 155 of total marks, to attend counselling. The qualifying marks to attend counselling for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates will be 60, 10% of total marks.
HP PAT 2023 Cut-Off
HP PAT cut-off is the base score needed to make sure about admission in the different polytechnic courses offered by the different institutions through HP PAT.
The cut-off depends on some elements like:
- The number of candidates.
- The number of seats accessible.
- Earlier year cut-off marks.
- The difficulty level of the passage test.
Candidates can check the expected cut-off from below:
HP PAT 2023 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the Central Admission Selection Committee conducts the online HP PAT counselling which has been started from 14th June 2023. Counselling for second round has been started from 13th July 2023.
The merit will be prepared on the basis of the entrance exam result. The verification of documents will take place in the HP PAT counselling round. Admission will be offered on a merit basis. Seat allotment has been released via online mode.
The candidates have to submit all the documents required and block the admission seat into the polytechnic course. To participate in the counselling session organized by the examination authority, the candidates have to register, and based on the marks scored by the candidates, they will be offered college to choose from.
Documents Required for Verification:
The following are the documents required for the counselling session:
- Counseling Call Letter
- The original mark sheet and certificate of class 10th
- Age proof certificate
- School leaving/ Transfer Certificate from Institution
- Caste Certificate (in case of candidates of reserved category)
- Domicile Certificate and Migration Certificate
- Character certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Three new passport size photographs
- Admit Card & Result of the HP PAT
- Aadhaar Card
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
HP PAT 2023 Application Form
Here we have provided some important instructions regarding application form filling procedure:
- HP PAT 2023 Application Form has been made available from 4th April 2023.
- Candidates are able to fill application form through online mode on the website.
- The instruction mentioned in the brochure should be checked by the candidates before filing up the Application Form.
- While filling out the Application Form, candidates need to enter some necessary details in the application form like personal details, educational details, course-related details, contact and parent’s details, etc.
- The candidates also need to upload scanned images of photographs and signatures in the given size and format.
- The last date to submit application form is till 2nd May 2023.
- Candidates must get a print out of the application form after the final submission.
Documents required for HP PAT Application:
The following are the documents required for applying to HP PAT:
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Size photograph
- Class 10th passing certificate/ mark sheet
- Domicile Certificate
- Scanned image of Signature and left-hand thumb impression
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates can pay their online fee through credit card/ debit card or net banking.
Here candidates can check category wise fee structure:
|General Category Candidates||Rs. 650/-|
|OBC/ SC/ ST Category Candidates||Rs. 400/-|
HP PAT Eligibility Criteria
Check the following HP PAT 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Qualification: 10th or equivalent exam from any recognized board is mandatory to apply for HP PAT.
- Domicile: Candidates must be the domicile holder of Himachal Pradesh State.
- Marks: Candidates must score a minimum of 35% marks in the Qualifying examination.
- Subjects: The candidates must have passed 10th with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics and English as the mandatory subjects.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their 10th examination are also eligible to apply.
HP PAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the complete exam pattern of HP PAT 2023:
- Mode of Exam: The examination has been conducted through offline (OMR) mode.
- Duration of Exam: The maximum of 3 hours have been provided to complete the whole exam.
- Language of Question Paper:The question paper will be in set and come in English and Hindi languages.
- Number of Questions: A total of 150 questions will be asked in the exam from all the subjects.
- Maximum Marks: The whole question paper will be 600 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Check below the section wise pattern of HP PAT exam.
|S. No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
HP PAT 2023 Syllabus
The exam authority has provided the HP PAT syllabus from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
The following is the entrance exam syllabus for HP PAT:
|Current Electricity||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||Electronic Devices|
|Coordinate Geometry||Statistics and Probability|
|Solid State||d- and f- block elements|
|Solutions||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Electrochemistry||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|Surface Chemistry||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Rules of Tenses||Letter Writing Format|
|Rules and List of Conjunctions||Precis Writing|
|Active and Passive Voice Rules||Sentence Correction Questions|
|List of One Word Substitutions||Adjective Degree of Comparison Rules|
|List of Homophones/ Homonyms||Article Rules|
|Idioms and Phrases||Direct and Indirect Speech Rules|
|Spotting the Error||Sentence Rearrangement and Para Jumbles|
|Reading Comprehension||Cloze Test|
HP PAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must prepare for HP PAT 2023 according to the given below preparation tips:
- Candidates must go through the exam pattern and the syllabus.
- The concept of the topics must be strong to face any type of question. So, make your concepts clear and strong.
- Make a systematic timetable and follow it regularly.
- Candidates must attempt an online mock test to check their preparation for the exam.
- Regular practice must be done by the candidates from various online and offline study sources.
- Don’t get panic. Eat healthy and sleep well at the proper timing.
HP PAT Exam Centers
The HP Polytechnic Exam 2023 may be conducted in the following cities:
HP PAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card has been made available from 11th May 2023 via online mode. The HP PAT admit card is an important document that you have to carry to the examination centre. If the candidate fails to carry the admit card then, the examination conducting authority will cancel their candidature and they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
Candidates should check the details printed on the HP PAT hall ticket very carefully. The admit card contains details such as name, roll number, photograph, signature, address, exam venue, reporting time, etc. Candidates need to take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
If candidates have any query regarding HP PAT 2023 exam, they can leave their queries in the comment box given below.