HP PAT 2023: HP Polytechnic Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board (HPTEB), Dharamshala will conduct the Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT 2023). It is conducted every year on state level. The qualified candidates from the entrance examination will get admission in various Government and Private Polytechnic institutions across the Himachal Pradesh State. The examination is conducted for those candidates who are seeking admission in various Diploma Courses of Engineering, Pharmacy, and other fields. Through this article, candidates can check complete details about HP PAT 2023 exam including application, dates, pattern etc.
HP PAT 2023 Overview
|Full Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||HP PAT|
|Conducting Body||HP Takniki Shiksha Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Types||UG Level|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
HP PAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the complete tentative dates of HP PAT 2023 from below:
|Availability of application form||3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date for submitting the application form||2nd week of May 2023|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of May 2023|
|HP PAT 2023 exam date||3rd week of May 2023|
|Answer Key will be released||Last week of May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||June 2023|
|Counseling starts from||June 2023|
HP PAT 2023 Application Form
Here we have provided some important instructions regarding application form filling procedure:
- HP PAT 2022 Application Form will be available from the third week of April 2023.
- The instruction mentioned in the brochure should be checked by the candidates before filing up the Application Form.
- While filling out the Application Form, candidates need to enter some necessary details in the Application Form like personal details, educational details, course-related details, contact and parent’s details, etc.
- The candidates also need to upload scanned images of photographs and signatures in the given size and format.
- Candidates must get a print out of the Application form after the final submission..
Documents required for HP PAT Application:
The following are the documents required for applying to HP PAT:
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Size photograph
- Class 10thpassing certificate/ mark sheet
- Domicile Certificate
- Scanned image of Signature and left-hand thumb impression
The application fee can be submitted through both online as well as offline modes. Candidates can pay their online application fee through credit card/ debit card or net banking.
Offline application fee can be paid through E-Challan of state bank. The application fee for various categories is mentioned below.
|General Category Candidates||Rs. 650/-|
|OBC/ SC/ ST Category Candidates||Rs. 400/-|
HP PAT Eligibility Criteria
Check the following HP PAT 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
- Domicile: Candidates must be the domicile holder of Himachal Pradesh State.
- Qualification: 10th or equivalent exam from any recognized board is mandatory to apply for HP PAT.
- Marks: Candidates must score a minimum of 35% marks in the Qualifying examination.
- Subjects: The candidates must have passed 10th with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics and English as the mandatory subjects.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their 10th examination are also eligible to apply.
HP PAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the complete exam pattern of HP PAT 2023.
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted through offline (OMR) mode.
- Duration of Exam: The maximum of 3 hours will be provided to complete the whole exam.
- Language of Question Paper:T he question paper will be in set and come in English and Hindi languages.
- Number of Questions: A total of 150 questions will be asked in the exam from all the subjects.
- Maximum Marks: The whole question paper will be 600 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Check below the section wise pattern of HP PAT exam.
|S. No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
HP PAT 2023 Syllabus
The exam authority will provide the HP PAT syllabus from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
The following is the entrance exam syllabus for HP PAT:
|Current Electricity||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents||Electronic Devices|
|Coordinate Geometry||Statistics and Probability|
|Solid State||d- and f- block elements|
|Solutions||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Electrochemistry||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|Surface Chemistry||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Rules of Tenses||Letter Writing Format|
|Rules and List of Conjunctions||Precis Writing|
|Active and Passive Voice Rules||Sentence Correction Questions|
|List of One Word Substitutions||Adjective Degree of Comparison Rules|
|List of Homophones/ Homonyms||Article Rules|
|Idioms and Phrases||Direct and Indirect Speech Rules|
|Spotting the Error||Sentence Rearrangement and Para Jumbles|
|Reading Comprehension||Cloze Test|
HP PAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must prepare for HP PAT 2023 according to the given below preparation tips:
- Candidates must prepare for the exam according to the exam pattern and the syllabus by the official authority.
- The concept of the topics must be strong to face any type of question. So, make your concepts clear and strong.
- Make a systematic timetable and follow it regularly.
- Candidates must attempt an online mock test to check their preparation for the exam.
- Regular practice must be done by the candidates from various online and offline study sources.
- Don’t panic or take the stress. Eat and sleep well at proper timing.
HP PAT Exam Centers
The HP Polytechnic Exam 2023 may be conducted in the following cities:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
HP PAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card will be available from 3rd week of March 2023 via online mode. The HP PAT admit card is an important document that you have to carry with you to the examination center. If the candidate fails to carry the admit card then, the examination conducting authority has every right to cancel the candidate’s examination.
Candidates should check the details printed on the HP PAT hall ticket very carefully. The admit card contains details such as name, roll number, photograph, signature, address, exam venue, reporting time, etc. Candidates need to take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
HP PAT 2023 Answer Key
HP PAT Answer Key will be released through online mode only in last week of May 2023. Authority will release the answer key in the PDF format.
The answer key will consist of questions asked in the entrance examination. Through the answer key, candidates will be able to predict their score even before the declaration of the result. The authority may also provide the objection facility for answer key.
HP PAT 2023 Result
The HP PAT result will be declared by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board. It is expected to be declared in the month of June 2023. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the score secured by the candidate in the entrance exam.
For general category candidates, the qualifying marks will be 90%, 155 of total marks, to attend counselling. The qualifying marks to attend counselling for SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates will be 60, 10% of total marks.
HP PAT 2023 Cut-Off
HP PAT cut-off is the base score needed to make sure about admission in the different polytechnic courses offered by the different institutions through HP PAT.
The cut-off depends on some elements like:
- The number of candidates.
- The number of seats accessible.
- Earlier year cut-off marks.
- The difficulty level of the passage test.
Candidates can check the expected cut-off from below:
HP PAT 2023 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the Central Admission Selection Committee will conduct the online HP PAT counselling which will be held from the month of June 2023.
The merit will be prepared on the basis of the entrance exam result. The verification of documents will take place in the HP PAT counseling round. Admission will be offered on a merit basis.
The candidates have to submit all the documents required and block the admission seat into the polytechnic course. To participate in the counseling session organized by the examination authority, the candidates have to register, and based on the marks scored by the candidates, they will be offered college to choose from.
Documents Required for Verification:
The following are the documents required for the counseling session:
- Counseling Call Letter
- The original mark sheet and certificate of class 10th
- Age proof certificate
- School leaving/ Transfer Certificate from Institution
- Caste Certificate (in case of candidates of reserved category)
- Domicile Certificate and Migration Certificate
- Character certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Three new passport size photographs
- Admit Card & Result of the HP PAT
- Aadhaar Card
If candidates have any query regarding HP PAT 2023 exam, they can leave their queries in the comment box given below.