JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling (Started) – Get JoSAA Schedule Here
JEE Advanced 2020 (JoSAA) Seat Allotment has been released for third round. Counselling has been started from 6th October 2020. JEE Advanced is a national level entrance exam organized by IIT, Delhi. It is organized for providing admission in B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree programmes offered by IITs & ISM, Dhanbad. To appear in the JEE Advanced exam, candidates have to qualify the JEE Main exam. Only top 2, 45,000 scorers of JEE Main exam are able to appear in this examination. Here we are providing details about JEE Advanced Counselling 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling – Allotment Released (3rd Round)
JEE Advanced 2020 (JoSAA) Seat Allotment has been released for 3rd round. Click here to check allotment result.
JEE Advanced 2020 (JoSAA) Seat Allotment has been released for 2nd round. Click here to check allotment result.
JEE Advanced 2020 (JoSAA) Counselling has been started from 6th October 2020. Click here to register.
Candidates who have qualified the exam are able to participate in the JEE Advanced Counselling 2020 process. All the activities related to counselling is managed by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Counselling is organized through online mode. Candidates must have to complete all the steps of counselling process for seat allotment.
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling comprises of various steps like counselling registration, choice filling & locking, provisional seat allotment, document verification, reporting to the allotted college, etc.
JEE Advanced 2020 Cut Off marks for top 20 percentile will be based on the marks scored by all the qualified candidates in their respective boards in the particular year. Top 20 percentile cut off for 2020 will be considered for the candidates who pass the class 12th or its equivalent in 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Rank Predictor will help the candidates to predict their rank on the basis of their scores in the examination. With the use of rank predictor, the candidate will be able to estimate their rank.
JEE Advanced Counselling Schedule
Counselling schedule of JEE Advanced 2020 has been announced by the exam conducting authority. Here we have given the official JoSAA 2020 counselling schedule:
|Registration & filling choices Starts||6th October 2020|
|Registration & filling choices Starts (For AAT)||11th October 2020|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1||12th October 2020|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2||14th October 2020|
|Last Date for Registration & Choice Filling||15th October 2020|
|Reconciliation of data, Seat Allocation, verification and validation||16th October 2020|
|Seat Allocation (Round 1)||17th October 2020|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 1)||17th to 19th October 2020|
|Last date to respond to query (round 1)||20th October 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||21st October 2020|
|Seat allocation (2nd Round)||21st October 2020|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/ withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 2)||22nd and 23rd October 2020|
|Last date to respond to query (round 2)||24th October 2020|
|Withdraw of seat/ exit from seat allocation process (round 2)||22nd to 24th October 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||26th October 2020|
|Seat allocation (Round 3)||26th October 2020|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 3)||27th- 28th October 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||30th October 2020|
|Seat Allocation (Round 4)||30th October 2020|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 4)||31st October to 1st November 2020|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||3rd November 2020|
|Seat allocation (Round 5)||3rd November 2020|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 5)||4th to 5th November 2020|
|Last date to respond query||6th November 2020|
|Notification of the decision on seat confirmation||6th November 2020|
|Withdraw of seats/ exit from seat allotment process||4th to 6th November 2020|
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||7th November 2020|
|Seat allocation (Round 6)||7th November 2020|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 6)|
LAST ROUND FOR SEAT WITHDRAWAL
|8th November 2020|
|Last date to respond query round 6 (final round for Its)||9th November 2020|
document verification for acceptance of seat or withdrawal of seat by physical mode at admitting/ allotted institute only (round 6)
|9th to 13th November 2020|
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling Procedure
Candidates must have to go through the following steps during the JEE Advanced counselling 2020:
- Registration: Firstly, candidates have to register online to participate in the counselling process. Candidates must have to fill registration details like gender, state code of eligibility, nationality, etc. No fee will be charged for registration & choice filling.
- Choice Filling & Locking: After registration, candidates will be required to login using their JEE Main 2020 roll number & password. Fill the maximum choices as per your preference for seat allocation. Candidates should lock their choices after the choice filling process. If students do not lock their choices then the last saved choices will be locked automatically.
- Provisional Seat Allotment: Candidates who get seat allotted are able to download the “provisional seat allotment letter” and e-challan. The e-challan will be used for payment of seat acceptance fee.
- Seat Acceptance: Candidates will have to pay Rs. 20,000 for reserved categories and Rs. 45,000 for general candidates as a seat acceptance fee. Fee can be paid through SBI Bank Net Banking & e-challan. Candidates must take printout of the fee payment for further use.
- Reporting to the Allotted Centre: After the payment of seat acceptance fee, students will have to report to the allotted centre for document verification. Seat confirmation will be done by the reporting centre after the verification.
- Reporting to the Allotted Institutions: Once the seat is confirmed, students must report to the allotted institution to complete admission formalities. Students must appear at the college before the due date.
Documents Required at the time of Reporting
Candidates must have to bring the required documents at the allotted reporting centre for verification process. Candidates must bring their original documents along with a set of self attested photocopies. After verification, original documents will be returned to candidates. Here we have mentioned the document required at the time of reporting:
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- 12th class performance check
- Seat acceptance fee payment proof
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Photo ID card (issued by govt. agency/last attended school/ XII class admit card)
- JEE Advanced 2020 admit card
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet)
- 12th class or equivalent mark sheet
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
- Two passport size photographs (same as uploaded in the registration form)
- Passport of the candidate and parents (for foreign nationals), OCI certificate or PIO card (if applicable)
If you have any other queries about JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.