J&K Polytechnic 2021 (PET): Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
J&K Polytechnic 2021 admission will be offered into courses on the basis of merit list of qualifying entrance test. It is state level polytechnic entrance test organized only once in a year. The admission will be offered in 3 year of diploma in polytechnic for engineering courses. The entrance exam will be conducted by Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) Board of Professional Entrance test. Through J&K PET, candidates will get admission into various government & private polytechnic colleges/institute located in the J & K state. Here we are providing details regarding exam dates, application form, its fee, exam pattern and much more regarding J&K Polytechnic 2021.
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following dates regarding J&K Polytechnic Exam Dates:
|Application form commences||1st week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of February 2021|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of March 2021|
|J & K PET 2021 exam||1st week of April 2021|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of April 2021|
|Answer key publish||3rd week of April 2021|
|Counselling session||4th week of June 2021|
|Admission process||2nd week of August 2021|
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding J&K Polytechnic Application Form:
- J&K Polytechnic 2021 Application Form will be made available via online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from first week of January 2021.
- The last date to submit the application form will be first week of February 2021.
- While filling application form, candidates must not forgot to upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must fill all the asked & required details in the application form with valid email ID & phone number as all important information will be send to it.
- During registration, candidates will also have to upload following documents:
- Certificate of permanent residence
- Qualifying examination marksheet
- 10thcertificate (Date of Birth)
- Candidates claiming
- Reserved category certificate (if required)
- The application fee for J & K Polytechnic 2021 will be paid through online mode.
- Online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card, net banking.
- Candidates will have to submit Rs.450/- as application fee.
J&K Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through following eligibility norms before applying for J & K PET 2021:
- Nationality: Candidates must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 10th level examination from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Mandatory subject: He/ she must have Science & Mathematics as their mandatory subject to be eligible for examination.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored minimum 40% marks (for open category including CDP/ JKPM) & 37% marks (for reserved category as SC/ ST/ RBA/ ALC/ OSC).
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit to apply for J&K PET.
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to go through following details regarding J & K Polytechnic Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The exam for J&K PET 2021 will be organized via online mode.
- Questions Type: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in the question paper.
- Medium: Questions will be in English medium language.
- No. of Questions: There will be total 180 questions in the question paper.
- Time: Candidates will get 3 hours to solve the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark.
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will get deduct for each incorrect answer.
Candidates must go through following no. of questions in each subject:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Syllabus
The entrance test will be based on the course & syllabus of class 10th. J&K Polytechnic Syllabus will consist of subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
Topics under each subject will be as:
- Physics: It will consist of topics as light, reflection & refraction, magnetics effects of courses & sources of Energy and etc.
- Mathematics: Topics under Mathematics will be as real number, co-ordinate geometry, heights & distance, surface areas & volume, polynomials, probability and much more.
- Chemistry: It will include topics as metal & non-metals, carbon & its compound, basic & salts, etc.
- English: It will consist of topics as conjunctions, clauses, sentence patterns, models and much more.
Here we are providing tips & tricks which will be helpful for candidates while preparing for J&K Polytechnic exam:
- Make proper schedule & strictly follow it.
- Go through complete exam pattern & syllabus.
- Solve previous year question paper.
- Attempt mock test & check your preparation.
- Take proper 8 hours sleep.
- Eat healthy food & keep yourself fit.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Admit Card
Admit card will be made available in third week of March 2021. J&K Polytechnic Admit Card will be made available via online mode. It will be mandatory for all applied candidates to carry admit card at the exam center. No candidate will be allowed to sit for exam without admit card along with one valid ID proof.
To download hall ticket, candidates will have to use their application number & password. Candidates will be informed through a separate notification regarding date for downloading admit card.
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Answer Key
To download J&K Polytechnic Answer Key, candidates will have to use their login credentials. It will be made available in the third week of April 2021 via online mode. Answer key will contain answers of all the questions asked in the examination.
With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks even before result declaration. Candidates who will have any issue regarding publish of answer key, they can contact BOPEE office to rectify the problem.
Candidates must go through following table of reservation policy for various categories:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||8%|
|Schedule Tribe, Gujjar & Bekarwal (STGB)||6%|
|Schedule Tribe, Leh district||2%|
|Schedule Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||2%|
|Other Schedule Tribe (STO)||1%|
|Weak & Under Privileged Classes, Social castes (OSC)||2%|
|Resident of Backward Areas (RBA)||20%|
|Resident of area adjoining actual line of control (ALC)||3%|
|Children of Defence Personnel||3%|
|Children of Para Military Forces & State Police Personnel (JKPM)||1%|
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in sports||2%|
|Tuition Fee Wavier (TFW)||5%|
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Merit List
J&K Polytechnic Merit List will be prepared after the commencement of entrance exam. If entrance exam will not be organized then merit list will be based on class 10th marks. In case of entrance exam, candidate’s selection for admission to various programmes will be on the performance of entrance test.
The authority will prepare list in order of inter-se merit of candidates in entrance test in descending order separately for general & reserved category. It will be published rank wise & roll number wise in the form of PDF.
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Result
Authority will release J&K Polytechnic Result on website via online mode. It will be also made available in both offices of BOPEE Jammu & Kashmir. To check the result, candidates will have to use their login credentials.
The result will be published in two local dailies and will be uploaded on website of the board. The admission process will be notified separately.
J&K Polytechnic 2021 Counselling
After the process of result, all qualified candidates will have to participate in the counselling process. J&K Polytechnic Counselling will be held in the month of June 2021. It will be done on the basis of merit cum preference & reservation rules.
It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counselling process. Admission will be offered to candidates after the process of counselling. Students will have to submit certain amount of fee for counselling at POS terminal of BOPEE office in Srinagar & Jammu.
The following documents will be required:
- 10th/ 12thcertificate
- Date of birth verification
- Category certificate
- Permanent residence certificate
If you have any other queries regarding J & K Polytechnic 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment in the comment box below.