MAT 2020: Registration (Extended), Admit Card (Released), Dates, Result
MAT 2020 Registration for PBT exam has been extended till 27th September 2020. Admit Card for IBT exam has been released on 24th August 2020. The exam will be conducted by All India Management Association four times in the year. MAT is a national level entrance examination which is conducted to offer admission in various management courses – MBA and PGDMA courses. This entrance test will be conducted in four sessions in the month of February, May, September and December. Admission will be provided in many B-Schools situated all over India accepting MAT Scores. To know more details about MAT 2020 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and much more candidates can go through this article.
MAT 2020 Notifications – Registration Till 27th Sep (PBT)
MAT 2020 Registration for PBT exam has been extended till 27th September 2020. Check here for registration details.
MAT 2020 Admit Card for IBT exam has been released on 24th August 2020. Check here for admit card details.
MAT 2020 Registration for IBT exam has been started. Check here for registration details.
MAT 2020 Exam for May session (PBT and CBT mode) has been postponed. Students can appear through IBT mode exam. Check here for details.
MAT 2020 Result for May session has been declared. Check here for result details.
MAT 2020 Exam Dates
Here candidates can check official MAT exam dates for both PBT (pen-paper based test) and CBT (computer based test) for May Session MAT 2020:
For PBT Test:
|Starting of application form||26th August 2020|
|Last date to apply||27th September 2020|
|Availability of admit card||28th September 2020|
|Exam date||3rd October 2020|
Admissions Closing Shortly
For IBT Test:
|IBT Test Date||Last Date for Registration|
|27th August 2020||23rd August 2020|
|28th August 2020||24th August 2020|
|29th August 2020||25th August 2020|
|30th August 2020||26th August 2020|
|31st August 2020||27th August 2020|
|1st September 2020||28th August 2020|
|2nd September 2020||29th August 2020|
|5th September 2020||1st September 2020|
|6th September 2020||2nd September 2020|
|12th September 2020||8th September 2020|
|13th September 2020||9th September 2020|
|20th September 2020||16th September 2020|
|22nd September 2020||18th September 2020|
|23rd September 2020||19th September 2020|
MAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to check all the details of MAT 2020 Application Form given below:
- The Application Form of MAT 2020 is available in online mode.
- Candidates are able to fill the registration form from 26th August 2020 for PBT.
- Candidates are advised to fill complete details in the application form i.e. personal, education details etc.
- Candidates are able to fill application form till 27th September 2020.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photograph (10 to 50 kb) and signature (5 to 20 kb) at the time of uploading during application process.
- Candidates have to check their application status after the completion of application process.
- Candidates are advised to fill their exam choice i.e. CBT or PBT, and also make choice of all five institutions where they want to send their scorecard to get admission.
The application fee for both (PBT and CBT) exam is mentioned below:
- For paper based test fee is Rs. 1650/-.
- For computer based test fee is Rs. 1650/-.
- For both PBT and CBT exam fee is Rs. 2750/-.
Mode of Payment: The application fee of MAT 2020 can be paid in online mode via debit card, credit card or net banking.
MAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the MAT Eligibility Criteria provided below before filling the application form:
- Qualification: Candidates should have graduation degree from any recognized university or equivalent.
- Age Criteria: There will be no age limit criteria considered to apply for the exam.
- Maximum Attempts: There will be no attempt limits for MAT.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in their final year of graduation can also apply for this exam.
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the MAT Exam Pattern given below before starting their preparation:
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be held in both (CBT & PBT) mode.
- Time Duration: The time duration for the exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Number of Questions: The paper will have total number of 200 questions in the exam.
- Sections: There will be total 5 sections in the exam – Mathematical skills, Intelligence and critical reasoning, Indian and global environment, Data analysis & sufficiency and Language comprehension.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will award 1 mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
In the below table we have provided subject wise exam pattern, the exam will consist five subjects which are:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||40|
|Indian and global environment||40|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40|
MAT 2020 Syllabus
MAT Syllabus contain various topics from the subjects – Mathematical skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Language comprehension. Check various topics for various subjects below:
This section will be based on the topics i.e. English grammar, synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, sentence completion, sentence corrections, different usage of same words, one word substitutions, fill in the blanks etc.
This section will include questions from time and work, percentage, simple compound interest, profit and loss, number system, trigonometry, height and distance, LCM and HCF, ratio proportions, clock calendars, time speed and distance, partnership etc.
Data Analysis and Sufficiency:
In this section important topics will be data sufficiency, Venn diagram, charts i.e. column, bar, pie, line graph, puzzles, pie chart, data comparison, bar charts and data tables etc.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
Logical Reasoning will be based on the topics i.e. course of actions, family trees, blood relations, numeric grid, pie chart, calendar, critical reasoning, multi-dimensional arrangement, syllogism, column graph, critical reasoning, series, visual reasoning and etc.
Indian Global Environment:
This section will contain questions based on current affairs and latest news and other topics like world records, business, books and authors, history, social issues, geography, finance, automobiles, politics, famous awards and price etc.
MAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check below various MAT preparation tips to score well in the entrance test:
- Candidates must prepare a proper routine to study for the entrance test.
- Candidates must check the exam pattern and the topic wise syllabus before start of preparation.
- Revision is the key to score good in the exam, so candidates revise topics on the daily basis.
- Candidates can solve mock tests and previous year question papers.
- Candidates should read current affairs and latest news from various sources like newspapers and television etc.
- Eat healthy food and stay fit and fine.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
MAT 2020 Admit Card
After the final submission of the application forms, candidates are able to download their MAT 2020 admit card. To download the admit cards online, candidate have to enter their date of birth, registration id and application number.
Admit card include details like exam date and time, candidate’s name, address, exam venue etc.
The admit card will be released from 28th September 2020 for PBT. The admit card of Mat 2020 will not be sent by post to the candidates. Candidates will not be able to enter the exam hall without showing their admit card.
MAT 2020 Result
Candidates can check their MAT results from October 2020 for both online and offline mode. To check the results and download scorecard, students have to enter their details like registered mobile number and roll number.
Through the result, candidates are able to know details about the percentile as well as marks secured by the candidates in the examination.
MAT 2020 Score Card
MAT 2020 Score card will be sent to students by post or email. Candidates can apply for admission in various institutes situated all over India, using the score card. Also students can download their scorecard online by entering their login credentials.
Candidates are advised to keep their score card safe for the further admission procedure. If candidates have lost their score card, they can apply for a duplicate score card. Score cards of MAT 2020 will be valid for 1 year duration.
MAT 2020 Cut Off
Respective institutes will release MAT 2020 Cut off after the announcement of the results. Only on the basis of cut off marks various institutions will screen the eligible candidates for admission.
MAT cut off will depends on some factors i.e. total seats, difficulty level of the exam, total number of appeared candidates etc. Cut off will be the minimum marks that students have to obtain in the entrance test to get entry into the institution.
MAT 2020 Admission
MAT 2020 Counselling will not be done by All India Management Association (AIMA). Some of the institutes will organize GD and PI rounds, while some will provide direct entry on the basis of marks scored in the test.
The admission will be based on the candidate’s performance in the aptitude test. Candidates will have to apply individually to the participating institutes.
Each university will have their own selection and eligibility criteria for the admission. Final admission will be based on the document verification and score of the exam obtained by candidates.
If you have any other query related to MAT 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.