NATA 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
NATA 2023 examination will be conducted through online mode. The National Aptitude Test is conducted by COA (Council of Architecture) twice every year for admission to the top Architecture colleges across the country. Various institutions in the country offer admission to the candidates based on scores secured by them in NATA exam. The test is conducted on the national level and after qualifying the test, candidates will get admission in the various institutes to pursue five years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) program. In this article we have mentioned details about the NATA 2023 application form, fee, eligibility criteria etc.
NATA 2023 Overview
|Name of the examination||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Type of Examination||UG Level National Entrance Exam conducted for admission in Architecture.|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (COA)|
|Frequency of the examination||Twice a year|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
NATA 2023 Exam Dates
Check below the NATA 2023 Exam Dates related to various events:
First Session (Test-I):
|Event||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|The registration process begins||February 2023|
|The last date for the registration process||April 2023|
|Last Date for Upload Image & Documents||April 2023|
|Last date to submit the Application Fee||April 2023|
|Availability of confirmation printout||April 2023|
|Correction in Application form (if any)||April 2023|
|Admit card release||May 2023|
|Exam date||May 2023|
|Announcement of the result||June 2023|
Second Session (Test- II):
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Online Registration||February 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||September 2023|
|Mock Available||September 2023|
|Admit card release date||September 2023|
|NATA 2023 Exam dates||September 2023|
|Announcement of result||September 2023|
NATA 2023 Application Form
In the given steps candidates can check details regarding NATA 2023 application form:
- Candidates will be able to register for the NATA 2023 through online mode from February 2023.
- At the time of online form filling, candidates will have to fill their asked details and upload documents.
- Candidates will need to upload all the required scanned images, passport size photographs, signatures, left-hand thumb impressions in given format.
- Candidates must upload their documents in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Photograph size should be 4 to 10 kb while, signature size must be in between 1 to 30 kb.
- The correction window will be opened for the candidate, who have done any mistake in the application form.
- NATA 2023 Application form will be filled till April 2023 for session 1.
- After the successful fee payment & application submission, take the printout of the confirmation page for further process.
- Candidates can make payment by online mode through/ using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- For one session candidates will have to pay Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1500/- for SC/ST).
- Candidates will need to pay Rs. 4000/- (Rs. 3000/- for SC/ST) for both sessions.
- Candidates who want to appear from outside India will have to deposit Rs.10,000/- for either the first or second test and 20,000/- for appearing in both the tests.
How to Fill NATA 2023 Application Form –
- Visit the website (Link will be mentioned above).
- Click on link provided as “NATA Registration 2023.”
- Now enter valid details to register.
- Login and fill application form with personal, communication, qualification & other details.
- Now upload documents as per the specified specifications mentioned.
- Make fee payment as per the payment gateway provided for submission of application fee.
- Submit application form.
- Print the application and save it for further reference in future.
NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the complete NATA Eligibility Criteria 2023 in given section:
- Qualifications: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM/ 10+3 diploma with mathematics subject.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit criteria to apply for NATA.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must obtain 50% aggregate marks in PCM subjects and 50% marks in 12th class/ diploma.
- Appearing: Candidates those are appearing their 10+2 or 10+3 will also be eligible to apply.
NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
Check below the detailed NATA Exam pattern for 2023 session:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through online mode.
- Exam Time: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Sections: The question paper will comprise three sections – Mathematics, Drawing, and General Aptitude.
- Number of Questions: Total 125 questions will be asked in the examination and the question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQ), preferential Choice questions (PCQ), numerical answer type (NAQ) and MFQ type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded in Mathematics and General Aptitude test. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
NATA 2023 Syllabus
The NATA Syllabus 2023 will be comprised of three sections- Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing. The topic-wise syllabus for the NATA exam is given below:
- Geometric composition, understanding scale and proportion of objects, shape, building forms and elements, color texture, aesthetics, harmony, and contrast.
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract
- Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Perspective drawing, Sketching of urban scape and landscape.
- Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects.
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory
Logarithms, Algebra, Matrices, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Application of Calculus, Theory of Calculus, Statistics, Permutation and combination and Probability.
Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing, Interpretation of pictorial compositions
Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment
Analytical reasoning, general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations, mental ability (visual, numerical, and verbal) etc.
NATA 2023 Preparation Tips
The basic NATA preparation strategies that can help candidates in clearing their exam are given below:
- All the topics involved with the NATA exam require rigorous practice.
- Time management is also very important for your exam preparations. Give proper time to all the 3 sections of study: Mathematics, Aptitude, and Drawing.
- Solve the previous year’s question papers to get a detailed idea of the exam.
- Try to read and collect information about the famous national and international architects and architectural creations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
NATA 2023 Admit Card
The admit card of NATA 2023 will be released through online mode in April 2023. The admit card will contain the important exam details like name of the candidate, date & time of exam, roll number, venue of the test center, etc.
It will be mandatory for all the candidates to bring one of the photo ID proof along with the admit card/ appointment letter.
NATA 2023 Answer Key
NATA exam is a computer-based aptitude test, so candidates’ responses will be hosted on the website. After the examination, model answers to MCQ (Part A) will be available through online mode.
Before the publication of results, the answer key of each candidate will be uploaded along with Part- wise marks secured by the candidate. No review will be available for the drawing test (Part B).
Also, there will be no provision for a post-publication review and any request after the publication of the result will not be entertained.
NATA 2023 Result
NATA 2023 Result will be announced by the officials a few weeks after the successful completion of the examination. Candidates will be able to check their results online mode from the official website of conducting body.
The result of NATA 2023 will be published in three formats marks scored out of 200, merit list, percentile score. Candidates are advised to keep their print copy of the result for the admission procedure.
NATA 2023 Cut Off
Council of Architecture (COA) will release the NATA Cut-Off through online mode. The cut-off will be the minimum marks that candidates have to obtain to qualify for the entrance examination.
The cut-off will depend on various factors like total seats, the difficulty level of the exam, the total number of candidates appearing in the exam, etc. Candidates must obtain cut-off marks in the examination to be eligible for further participation.
Candidates should obtain 25% marks in the MCQ portion and 25% marks in the drawing portion.
NATA 2023 Counseling
The process of NATA Counseling 2023 will be held by the participating institutions individually. No counseling will be organized by the Council of Architecture (COA). After the announcement of the result, candidates can apply to get B.Arch. admission into various institutions and universities based on their NATA Scorecard.
Candidates who want to get admission in B.Arch. courses should appear in separate counseling conducted by each institution.
Candidates have to carry all required documents and their photocopies for the verification process. Final admission will be provided to those candidates who will fulfill the eligibility criteria completely.
The following are the most important documents that candidates need to carry for verification procedure:
- NATA 2023 Admit Card
- NATA 2023 Score card
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Category Certificate
- Medical Certificate for PWD category
- Residence Certificate
- Transfer Certificate, etc.
If candidates have any other query about the NATA 2023, then they can ask us by leaving queries below.