NDA 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
NDA (National Defence Academy) is a premier institute that trains the cadets (candidates) to get selected for Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. Candidates may approach the academy by qualifying a national level entrance examination (NDA 2017) which is organized by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The examination is conducted two times in a year. NDA (I) 2017 will be organized on 23rd April, 2017 and NDA (II) 2017 will be organized on 10th September, 2017. Through this article, candidates can check detailed information about application form, exam dates, qualification & age eligibility, syllabus & exam pattern.
NDA-I 2017 Notifications – Application Released
NDA-I 2017 Application Form has been released from 18th January 2017. Click Here for Application Form.
Candidates are informed that notification about NDA (I) 2017 Examination has been released now. Click Here to view Notification.
Dates announced for NDA 2017 (I & II) Examination. Check Dates from below:
NDA 2017 Exam Dates
NDA 2017 notification for exam dates and academic calendar has been released by UPSC. As NDA exam 2017 will be held twice in the year 2017. The authority has been released the exam dates for both exam session. The exam date is the subject to change by the conducting body, students are suggested to visit this page regularly for latest updates. NDA 2017 exam dates are mentioned below:
|Events||Dates (NDA I)||Dates (NDA II)|
|Notification release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Application form release||18th January, 2017||7th June 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th February, 2017||30th June 2017|
|Admit card release||one or two weeks before exam||one or two weeks before exam|
|Exam date||23rd April, 2017||10th September 2017|
|Result declaration||May, 2017||October, 2017|
हिंदी में जानने के लिए नीचे दिए हुए लिंक पर क्लिक करें –
NDA 2017 Application Form
- The NDA 2017 Application Form can be filled and submitted via online process through the website.
- The application form has been released from 18th January, 2017 (for NDA I) and from 7th June, 2017 (for NDA II).
- Candidates are suggested to fill the application form carefully.
- No change will be permitted after final submitting the application form.
- Candidates should keep ready the scanned images of photograph & signature in prescribed size and format before filling the application form.
- The last date of filling application form for NDA (I) 2017 is 10th February 2017 and for NDA (II) 2017 is 30th June 2017.
- Candidates must note down that there is no need to send the printed application form to the authority.
- The application fee for general & OBC candidates is Rs. 100/-.
- SC/ST candidates and wards of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from examination fee.
- The application fee payment can be done via cash payment in any branch of SBI Bank or through SBI Bank net banking, visa/master/debit card.
Check How to Fill NDA Application Form (step by step)
NDA Eligibility Criteria
NDA 2017 eligibility criteria is prescribed by the UPSC is same as in 2016. No change is marked for year 2017. The eligibility criteria is defined in four categories like Nationality, Marital Status, Age limit, Educational Qualification and Physical Standard. Candidates should strictly meet the eligibility criteria for appearing this exam. The detailed criteria is as following:
|Nationality||Candidate must be a citizen of India/ a subject of Bhutan/ a subject of Nepal/ a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.|
|Marital Status||Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.|
|Age Limit||For NDA I, candidates born not before 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2001 are eligible to apply.|
For NDA II, students not born before 2nd January, 1999 and not later than 1st January, 2002 are eligible to apply.
|Educational Qualification||For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from any State Education Board or a University.|
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam organized by any State Education Board or a University.
12th or equivalent exam appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
|Physical Standards||Candidates should be physically fit as per to the guidelines set by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.|
Candidates who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces are not eligible to apply.
Check here for detailed NDA 2017 eligibility criteria.
NDA Exam Pattern
- Sections: The NDA entrance examination will be asked in two subsequent sections; written test and intelligence & personality test.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of written test will contain objective type questions and sectioned in code 1 & 2.
- Marks for Code 1: Code 1 will comprise of Mathematics questions of 300 marks while code 2 will comprise of general ability questions of 600 marks.
- Marks for Code 2: Code 2 will be divided in 2 sections as A & B. Section A will cover Math of 200 marks while section B will cover general knowledge of 400 marks.
- Language: The paper will be of both language Hindi & English.
- Answering Method: Each question will have four optional answer candidates have to choose the right one only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for incorrect response given by candidates in the objective type questions.
- Candidates use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Subjects: The NDA exam paper will be consisted of two parts i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held through offline mode.
The NDA 2017 exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Mathematics||01||2 1/2 Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||02||2 1/2 Hours||600|
Check here for detailed NDA 2017 Exam Pattern criteria.
NDA Preparation Tips
NDA preparation schedule must be well-planned and organized. Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus. Include the best preparation books and earlier years question papers in your study materials. To clear NDA exam only written test is not the key you should be physically and mentally fit to clear the selection process (SSB).
NDA 2017 Syllabus
The NDA syllabus has been divided into two sections Mathematics and General Ability Test. The General Ability Test section will contain questions from different topics such as English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Geography and Current Events. For better preparations candidates can prepare for the exam from the above mentioned topics.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
NDA 2017 Admit Card
The NDA 2017 Admit Card will be released by the authority before two or three weeks from the examination date. Candidates can download the admit card through the official portal of UPSC. There is not any other method except online will be entertained to get the admit card available. Candidates note down it is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center.
NDA Result 2017
The NDA 2017 Result will be provided to students after one month from the examination. Candidates can check the result through the official site of UPSC. Candidates are advised to take printout of the result and keep it safe till the selection procedure. NDA 2017 written result and final result of selected candidates will be declared separately. Before SSB round, the written result will be declared. Selected candidates in written examination will be called for further admission process.
Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
Candidate’s selection will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the written test and SSB interview. The SSB interview consist of two stages i.e. stage I and stage II. The stage (I) will consist of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT). The stage (II) will comprise of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These test will be organized over 4 or 5 days. Entire process will carry 900 marks.
If you have any query related to NDA 2017, you may leave your comments below in the comment box.