NDA 2021: Exam Dates (Revised), Admit Card, Result (Declared), Pattern
NDA II 2021 Exam Date has been revised. It will now be held on 14th November 2021. Final Result has been declared for NDA II 2020. NDA is organised by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). It is a national level entrance exam which is held every year. Through NDA exam, the qualified candidates will become eligible for selection into training academies of Indian Navy, Indian Military and Air Force. After clearing the written test, candidates also go through SSB Interview round. Candidates qualifying the written test, SSB interview & medical test will be considered eligible for entry into NDA. In this article, we have provided complete details regarding NDA 2021 application, dates, pattern, syllabus, result, interview etc.
NDA 2021 Notifications – Exam Date Revised
NDA II 2021 Exam Date has been revised. The exam will now be held on 14th November 2021. Check here for other dates.
As per the sources, supreme Court has allowed women aspirants to participate in the NDA 2021 September examination to be conduced by the officials. Check here for eligibility criteria.
Note: Candidates can get fastest updates regarding NDA 2021 Result via SMS/E-mail. Click here to subscribe us.
NDA I 2021 Question Papers & Answer Key (Institutional) has been released. Check here for answer key details.
NDA II 2021 Application Form Withdrawal Window has been opened from 6th July 2021. Check here for application form details.
NDA II 2020 Final Result has been declared on 6th July 2021. Check here for result details.
NDA I 2021 Result has been released on 30th June 2021. Check here for result details.
NDA I & II 2020 Answer Keys (Official) has been released now. Check here for answer key details.
NDA I 2020 Marks of Recommended Candidates has been released on 12th March 2021. Check here for result details.
Check here for all details about the NDA 2020 SSB Interview & further selection process. Check here for details.
NDA 2021 Highlights
What is the age limit for NDA 2021 ? – Between 16.5 to 19.5 years
When will be NDA II 2021 exam organised ? – 14th November 2021 (Revised)
Are female candidates eligible to apply for NDA 2021 ? No.
How many attempts can be made for NDA exam ? No attempt limit prescribed. You can attempt the exam if you satisfy the age criteria
Is option of application withdrawal in NDA II 2021 available ? – Yes, till 12th July 2021 (NDA II), Check application form
Can Non- science background students apply for NDA ? Yes, such candidates can only apply for Indian Army wing of NDA
Is the exam pattern of NDA different for the students with Non- Science background ? – No. Check exam pattern
Are there any changes in NDA 2021 Syllabus ? – No, Check syllabus
Can I apply for both NDA I & II exam ? Yes
Are Body tattoos allowed ? Yes, Check eligibility criteria
In what mode will be the NDA exam conducted ? – Offline (PBT)
NDA 2021 Exam Dates
Know about NDA Exam Dates for various events in the below given table:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Announced)|
|NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of Notification||30th December 2020||9th June 2021|
|Availability of Application Form||30th December 2020||9th June 2021|
|Last date to apply||19th January 2021||29th June 2021|
|Option to change test centre||–||Till 29th June 2021|
|Last date to pay fee by cash||18th January 2021||–|
|Withdraw of application||27th January to 2nd February 2021||6th july to 12th july 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||26th March 2021||October 2021|
|NDA 2021 Exam||18th April 2021||14th November 2021|
|Declaration of Result||29th June 2021||November 2021|
|SSB interview||November/ December 2021|
NDA 2021 Admit Card
The admit card of NDA 2021 was made available for download from 25th March 2021 for NDA Session I. NDA Admit card for session II will be available from October 2021. Candidates can get admit card 3 weeks before the examination. Students are able to download the admit card by entering login credentials.
The admit card contain details like student’s exam centre, name, roll number, exam date and timing, exam centre address, etc. In case of discrepancy in the admit card details, contact the officials immediately.
NDA 2021 Result
The result of NDA I 2021 has been declared on 29th June 2021 through online mode. it has been made available in the form of PDF. For NDA II, the result will be published in the month of November 2021.
The result has been made available in the form of PDF have names of the qualified candidates. Students successfully clearing the written test with the qualifying marks will be eligible for further counselling as well as medical test.
NDA 2021 Cut Off
Only the candidates who will qualify the NDA exam by obtaining the cut off marks will be eligible for interview. The board will publish the sectional and overall cut off marks online on the website.
The cut off will vary for various category candidates. For the written test the cut off is 342 and the final cut off is expected to be 708.
NDA 2021 Application Form
Students can know details about NDA 2021 Application Form in the below given section:
- For NDA 2021 Registration, students are required to apply through online mode on the website.
- The application process through online mode can be done till 29th June 2021 for NDA II.
- No other mode for submission of application is allowed.
- Students should submit only one application form. In case of submission of more than one application, the higher registration id (latest) will be considered and rest of the applications will get cancelled automatically.
- Candidates must have photo ID i.e. Aadhaar Card/ voter ID/ PAN card/ Passport/ Driving licence etc. at the time of filling application form.
- Candidates are able to complete the online application form in two stages – Part I and Part II.
- In the Part I of application process, candidates have to fill their basic and other details in the application.
- In the Part II application process, students are required to upload photograph and signature, make choice of exam centre and make payment of application fee.
- Correction will not be allowed in the details of application after the submission of form.
- The application fee payable for all category candidates is Rs.100/-.
- Candidates of ST/ SC/ NCOs/ Sons of JCOs/ ORS are exempted to pay the fee.
Payment mode: The fee can be paid through debit/ credit card/ net banking or SBI bank Challan method.
NDA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Know details related to NDA Eligibility criteria in the given below section:
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen/ subject of Bhutan/ subject of Nepal or Refugee of Tibetan (came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle permanently in India).
- Those migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and east African countries of Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Malawi, Zaire and Vietnam or Ethiopia with an intention of settlement in India are also eligible to apply.
- Foreign nationals: Foreign nationals (except Gorkhas) will be required to produce eligibility certificate issued by the Govt. of India.
- Women candidates can also apply For NDA 2021 September examination.
Age, Gender & Marital Status:
- Age: Candidate’s age should be between 16.5 – 19.5 years. For NDA I he must be born between July 2, 2002 – July 1, 2005. For NDA II, he must be born between January 2nd, 2003 – January 1st, 2006.
- Gender: Only male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA.
- Marital Status: For NDA, the male candidate should be unmarried. The candidates will not be allowed to get married until completing their training period.
- For Army Wing of National Defense Academy: Passed 10th & 12th level from a recognized board or university.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings (Cadet Entry Scheme): Passed 10th & 12th level from a recognized board or university with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in 12th level or waiting for result will be eligible to apply.
- Those who have resigned or withdrawn from any of the training academies of Armed Forces on disciplinary grounds will not be considered eligible.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to the physical standards set by the commission for admission into NDA.
NDA 2021 Exam Pattern
Students can check details of NDA Exam pattern below:
- Exam Mode: NDA exam will be held on twice through in Pen and Paper (offline) mode.
- Language of Paper: The language of the paper will be in English or Hindi language.
- Type of Questions: The objective type of questions will be asked in the paper.
- Number of Sections: The paper will be divided into two sections – Mathematics & General Ability Test.
- Total Marks: Paper will be of total 900 marks (Mathematics – 300; General Ability Test – 600). Also the interview round (SSB) will be of 900 marks.
- Duration of the Exam: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 5 hours (2½ hours each).
- Marking Scheme: 33% of the mark assigned to the question will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Know distribution of marks and time duration for each subject:
|Subject||Code||Time Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||01||2 hrs and 30 min||300|
|General Ability test||02||2 hrs and 30 min||600|
NDA 2021 Syllabus
NDA Syllabus will have various topics from Mathematics, English and General Knowledge subjects. Students can check the complete syllabus through online mode on the website.
Students can check the important topics coming in English, Mathematics & G.K subjects in the below given section:
The question paper of English will be designed for testing the students understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension and usage and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Matrices & Determinants, Analytical Geometry of two and three Dimensions, Integral calculus and Differential Equations, Algebra, Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, etc.
The paper of General Knowledge in NDA will cover various topics from the subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, and Geography & Current Events.
The answers given by the candidates will show their intelligent understanding and knowledge in the subject.
NDA 2021 Preparation Tips
To secure good marks in the exam and qualify the exam, candidates can take help of the below given NDA preparation tips:
- Students should start their preparation of exam earlier.
- Plan a study routine and follow it in disciplined manner.
- Solve sample papers and previous year questions papers.
- Study for the exam using good study material which is highly recommended by the experienced professionals.
- Attempt mock test and analyze your preparation level.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
NDA 2021 Answer Key
NDA Answer Key has been released by various coaching institutions. No official answer key is released by UPSC. It is available in various sets for various subjects. The key will be available only online and cannot be obtained through any other medium.
Through answer key, candidates are able to calculate their expected score of NDA. It will be present for downloading in the PDF format.
NDA 2021 SSB Interview
NDA SSB Interview round will be organized after the written test. Candidates clearing the written test round will be considered eligible for the interview and medical round. SSB will be organized in number of rounds.
It will be held in five days and candidates have to necessarily appear in all the rounds. On the first day, psychological tests will be done. Second day test will be of situation reaction test, word association test, self-description test and thermatic apperception test.
Millitary Planning Exercise, Group Discussion Test, Intergroup Obstacle race, Lecturettes, Snake Race, Progressive Group Task, command task & personal interview, half group task will be done on the third day of interview for candidates by the President.
On the last two days – fourth and fifth tests will be done related to Final Group Task, Individual Obstacles, Interview for remaining candidates, final board conference & announcement of results.
If you have any other query related to NDA 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.