PGIMER 2020: Application Form (Started), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
PGIMER 2020 Application Form has been started for DM/ M.Ch course. Candidates The exam for DM/M.CH is on 18th December and for MD/MS is on 30th November 2019 by Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education and Research, Chandigarh. This is a national level entrance test conducted twice every year to provide admission in various PG courses. The entrance exam is held in the months of January and July to offer admission in MD/MS and DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administrative courses. On the basis of All India Merit list, students will be shortlisted for admission into the courses. Candidates can read various details about PGIMER 2020 such as important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, pattern, etc through this article.
PGIMER 2020 Notifications – Application Started for DM/MCH
PGIMER 2020 Application Form has been started for DM/ MCH course through online mode. Check here for application details.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Timing has been changed for MD/ MS. The exam will be now held from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
PGIMER 2020 Mock Test is available for MD/MS course.Click Here for mock test.
New Changes Introduced
Candidates can check below the latest changes made in PGIMER 2020:
- With the release of official notification by PGIMER authority, the exam dates have been revised. Now the exam will be held on 30th November 2019. Candidates can fill applications from 25th October 2019.
- The entrance test of PGIMER 2020 will be now conducted in online CBT mode. Till last year the exam was conducted in offline mode.
- This year there is hike in the application fee of PGIMER. Now, reserved category candidates have to pay Rs.1200 and other category candidates have to pay Rs.1500 for application.
- Also the mode of application fee payment has been changed from offline to online mode. Students can pay the fee through online mode only by debit/ credit card/ net banking method.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Dates
The PGIMER 2020 Exam dates for January session various events can be checked below:
|For MD/MS Courses|
|Starting of Online application||25th October 2019|
|Last date for application submission||14th November 2019 (Till 11:59 pm)|
|Last date of fee payment||14th November 2019 (Till 11:59 pm)|
|Availability of admit card||November 2019|
|Exam date||30th November 2019|
|Announcement of Result||6th December 2019|
|1st counselling date||20th December 2019|
|2nd counselling||10th January 2020|
|3rd counselling||18th January 2020|
|Open counselling||30th January 2020|
For DM/MCH and DM Hospital Administration
|Starting of online application||13th November 2019|
|Last date of submission of application||30th November 2019|
|Last date for fee payment||30th November 2019|
|Admit Card release||December 2019|
|Exam date||18th December 2019|
|Result||23rd December 2019|
|Clinic/ practical exam||December 2019|
|Counselling begins||28th December 2019|
PGIMER 2020 Application Form
Candidates must go through the given below instructions for filling the PGIMER 2020 Application form:
- The Application Form of PGIMER 2020 can be filled via online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form for MD/MS from 25th October 2019.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details correctly in the application form including name, address, contact number, course name etc.
- Candidates have to upload their photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Candidates are advised to fill the MD/MS application forms till 14th November 2019.
- After completing application process, candidates must take printout of the application form for further admission process.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one subject in M.Ch/ DM courses as applying of more than one subject will lead to rejection of form.
- Sponsored and foreign national applicants have to submit application with the required documents to below address 15 days before the entrance test:
Academic Section PGIMER,
Sector -12, Chandigarh -160012.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only.
It can be paid through debit/ credit card/ net banking method.
Candidates can check the fee details from the below given section for various categories:
|Category||Application Fee (MD/MSMD (Hospital Administration)/ House Job|
(Oral Health Sciences)
|Fee (For DM/M.Ch)|
PGIMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the PGIMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria given below before filling the application form:
For MD/ MS Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates who want to apply for MD/MS courses must possess MBBS degree from MCI recognized university.
- Internship: Candidates must have completed rotatory internship training of 1 year. Candidates should have completed training before 31 December 2019 for January session admissions.
- Registration: Candidates must be registered under Central/State medical registration council.
For DM/ MCH Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates must possess MD/MS degree or its equivalent from MCI recognized university.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be within the prescribed age limit on or before 31st December 2019:- For general candidates: 37 years; for SC/ST candidates: 42 years; for OBC candidate: 40 years and for deputed/ sponsored candidates – No age limit.
- Registration: Candidates must be registered under Central/ State medical registration Council.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the PGIMER 2020 exam pattern for the MD/MS courses from below:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given for the examination.
- Questions Type: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Questions: There will be total 250 questions in the examination.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
Check the distribution of number of questions for various subjects:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
PGIMER 2020 Syllabus
PGIMER 2020 Syllabus will be based on the MBBS Syllabus prescribed by the authority. Candidates can check various subjects from below:
For MD/MS Courses:
This examination will includes topics from the subjects i.e. Pharmacology, Microbiology, Obstetrics and Gynecologist, Applied anatomy, Applied Biochemistry, Pathology, Internal medicine, Radiotherapy, Social and Preventive medicine, forensic medicine, general surgery, physiology etc.
PGIMER 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help of various preparation tips given below to score good marks in the exam:
- Candidates must go through the exam pattern and must revise the syllabus perfectly.
- Make a proper time table for the study and follow it.
- Firstly clear your questions from the topic before switching the next one.
- Candidates must check the previous year question papers and keep discussing about the important topics with friends.
- Take healthy food and stay fit.
- Don’t get confuse, be confident about your preparation.
- Solve the mock tests to score good in the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PGIMER 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will get their PGIMER 2020 Admit card in November 2019. The admit card will be available through online mode after application process. Candidates who want to download their admit card will have to enter their registered mail id and password.
Candidates are required to bring their admit card with them on exam day to get entry into the exam hall. Also, a valid Id proof has to be shown by the students for verification.
PGIMER 2020 Result
PGIMER 2020 Result will be published in online mode for the candidates. Candidates can check their results by online mode on 6th December 2019. Students have to enter their roll number and date of birth to check result.
Result for DM/M.Ch result will be available on 23rd December 2019. After results announcement, qualified candidates will be shortlisted through a merit list released by the Board. The merit list will be released category wise and rank wise by online mode.
PGIMER 2020 Cut Off
Candidates need to qualify PGIMER 2020 Cut Off marks to take admission in various courses. Cut off will be published online by the examination conducting authority.
Candidates have to score following cut off marks for MD and MS courses:
|Categories||Cut off Marks|
|General and Sponsored/Deputed||55|
|OBC, ST/SC, Foreign National||50|
PGIMER 2020 Counselling
PGIMER 2020 Counselling will be held through offline mode. The Counselling process will start after the declaration of the results i.e. from 20th December 2019 .
Counselling for MD and MS Courses will be held in four rounds. For DM/MCH courses, the counselling will be started from 28th December 2019.
Candidates are required to choose their preferences during the counselling session. Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the rank obtained by the candidates, availability of seats and preference filled by them etc.
In case candidates are not allotted seats in first round, then they can attend counselling for second, third or fourth round. Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees to participate in the counselling rounds.
For the counseling, students must be individually present at the allotted venues with some important documents for verification.
The documents which are to be shown during counselling are:
- MBBS Mark sheet
- MBBS Internship Mark sheet
- 10th level Mark sheet and Certificate
- MCI Registration Certificate
- Category certificate
- Printout of application
- Pass port size photographs
- Experience Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Valid Id proof, etc
If you have any other query regarding PGIMER 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.