PGIMER 2020: Counselling (Started), Dates, Merit List (Out), Admission
PGIMER 2020 Counselling (Spot) has been held on 31st July 2020. The 3rd round of counselling has been held on 24th July 2020 through offline mode. Allotment (2nd Round) has been released. Result has been declared for DM/ MCH courses. PGIMER is conducted every year by Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education and Research, Chandigarh. This is a national level entrance test conducted twice every year to provide admission in various PG courses. The entrance exam is held in the months of January and July to offer admission in MD/MS and DM/ MCH and DM Hospital Administrative courses. On the basis of All India Merit list, students will be shortlisted for admission into the courses. Candidates can read various details about PGIMER 2020 such as important dates, result, cut off, counselling, etc through this article.
PGIMER 2020 Notifications – Counselling Started (MD/ MS)
PGIMER 2020 Counselling (Spot) has been held on 31st July 2020 for MD/ MS at Bhargava Auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh through offline mode. Check here for counselling details.
PGIMER 2020 Allotment (2nd Round) has been released for MD/ MS. Check here for allotment details.
PGIMER 2021 exam will be conducted two times in a year, i.e. January & July 2021. Get more details about PGIMER 2021 here.
PGIMER 2020 Result has been declared for DM/ M.Ch courses. Check here for result details.
New Changes Introduced
Candidates can check below the latest changes made in PGIMER 2020:
- With the release of official notification by PGIMER authority, the exam dates have been released.
- The entrance test of PGIMER 2020 is now conducted in online CBT mode. Till last year the exam was conducted in offline mode.
- This year there is hike in the application fee of PGIMER. Now, reserved category candidates have to pay Rs.1200 and other category candidates have to pay Rs.1500 for application.
- Also the mode of application fee payment has been changed from offline to online mode. Students can pay the fee through online mode only by debit/ credit card/ net banking method.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Dates
The PGIMER 2020 Exam dates for July session various events can be checked below:
For MD/ MS:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Announced)|
|Starting of Online application||17th March 2020|
|Last date for application submission||6th May 2020|
|Last date of fee payment||6th May 2020|
|Application Correction||8th May to 9th May (till 11:55 pm)|
|Availability of admit card||8th june 2020|
|Exam date||14th June 2020|
|Announcement of Result||22nd June 2020|
|1st counselling date||24th June to 1st July 2020|
|2nd counselling||8th to 18th July 2020|
|3rd counselling||24th & 28th July 2020|
|Spot Admission through Open counselling||31st July 2020|
For DM/MCH and MD Hospital Administration:
|MD (Hospital Administration)||DM/MCH|
|Starting of online application||31st March 2020||6th April 2020|
|Last date of submission of application||6th May 2020||6th May 2020|
|Last date for fee payment||6th May 2020||6th May 2020|
|Application Correction||8th May to 9th May (till 11:55 pm)||8th May to 9th May (till 11:55 pm)|
|Admit Card release||8th June 2020||16th June 2020|
|Exam date||14th June 2020||21st June 2020|
|Result||22nd June 2020||June 2020|
|Clinic/ practical exam||July 2020||July 2020|
|Counselling begins||July 2020||July 2020|
PGIMER 2020 Counselling
PGIMER 2020 Counselling has been started for MD/ MS through online mode. The Counselling process has been started after the declaration of the results & release of shortlisted candidates.
PGIMER Counselling for MD & MS Courses will be held in three rounds. Students can know complete counselling details from the website.
First & Second round of counselling for MD/ MS will be held through online mode. Third and spot counselling rounds will be organised offline at PGIMER campuses.
Candidates are required to choose their preferences during the counselling session. Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on the rank obtained by the candidates, availability of seats and preference filled by them etc.
In case candidates are not allotted seats in first round, then they can attend counselling for second or third round. Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees to participate in the counselling rounds.
For the counseling, students must be individually present at the allotted venues with some important documents for verification.
The documents which are to be shown during counselling are:
- MBBS Mark sheet
- MBBS Internship Mark sheet
- 10th level Mark sheet and Certificate
- MCI Registration Certificate
- Category certificate
- Printout of application
- Pass port size photographs
- Experience Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Valid Id proof, etc.
PGIMER 2020 Result
PGIMER 2020 Result will be published in online mode for the candidates. Candidates will be able to check their results by online mode on June 2020. Students have to enter their roll number and date of birth to check result.
After PGIMER results announcement, qualified candidates will be shortlisted through a merit list released by the Board. The merit list will be released category wise and rank wise by online mode.
PGIMER 2020 Cut Off
Candidates need to qualify PGIMER 2020 Cut Off marks to take admission in various courses. Cut off will be published online by the examination conducting authority.
Candidates have to score following cut off marks for MD and MS courses:
|Categories||Cut off Marks|
|General and Sponsored/Deputed/ OCI||55|
|OBC, ST/SC, Foreign National/ PWD/ Rural Area||50|
PGIMER 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their PGIMER Admit card on 8th June 2020. The admit card has been made available through online mode after application process. Candidates who want to download their admit card have to enter their registered mail id and password. For DM/ M.Ch the admit card has been released on 16th june 2020.
Candidates are required to bring their admit card with them on exam day to get entry into the exam hall. Also, a valid Id proof has to be shown by the students for verification.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the PGIMER 2020 exam pattern for the MD/MS courses from below:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given for the examination.
- Questions Type: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Questions: There will be total 250 questions in the examination.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
Check the distribution of number of questions for various subjects:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
PGIMER 2020 Syllabus
PGIMER 2020 Syllabus will be based on the MBBS Syllabus prescribed by the authority. Candidates can check various subjects from below:
For MD/MS Courses:
This examination will includes topics from the subjects i.e. Pharmacology, Microbiology, Obstetrics and Gynecologist, Applied anatomy, Applied Biochemistry, Pathology, Internal medicine, Radiotherapy, Social and Preventive medicine, forensic medicine, general surgery, physiology etc.
PGIMER 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help of various preparation tips given below to score good marks in the exam:
- Candidates must go through the exam pattern and must revise the syllabus perfectly.
- Make a proper time table for the study and follow it.
- Firstly clear your questions from the topic before switching the next one.
- Candidates must check the previous year question papers and keep discussing about the important topics with friends.
- Take healthy food and stay fit.
- Don’t get confuse, be confident about your preparation.
- Solve the mock tests to score good in the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PGIMER 2020 Application Form
Candidates must go through the given below instructions for filling the PGIMER 2020 Application form:
- The Application Form of PGIMER 2020 can be filled via online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application form from 17th March 2020 for July Session (MD/MS).
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details correctly in the application form including name, address, contact number, course name etc.
- Candidates have to upload their photograph (15 to 50 KB) and signature (5 to 20 KB) in jpg/jpeg format.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application forms till 6th May 2020 (MD/ MS). No application will be accepted after the last date.
- After completing application process, candidates must take printout of the application form for further admission process.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one subject in M.Ch/ DM courses as applying of more than one subject will lead to rejection of form.
- Sponsored and foreign national applicants have to submit application with the required documents to below address 15 days before the entrance test:
Academic Section PGIMER,
Sector -12, Chandigarh -160012.
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode via debit/ credit card/ net banking method.
Fee once deposited will be non-refundable in any circumstances.
Candidates can check the fee details from the below given section for various categories:
|Category||Fee (For MD/MS/MD (Hospital Administration)/ House Job|
(Oral Health Sciences)
|Fee (For DM/M.Ch)|
|General/ OCI/OBC/ RA/ FN/ Sponsored category||Rs.1500||Rs.1500|
PGIMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the PGIMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria given below before filling the application form:
For MD/ MS Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates who want to apply for MD/MS courses must possess MBBS degree from MCI recognized university.
- Internship: Candidates must have completed rotatory internship training of 1 year. Candidates should have completed training on or before 31st December & 30th June for January & July session admissions.
- Registration: Candidates must be registered under Central/State medical registration council.
For DM/ MCH Courses:
- Qualifications: Candidates must possess MD/MS degree or its equivalent from MCI recognized university.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be within the prescribed age limit as on or before 31st December & 30th June for January & July session admissions respectively.
- Registration: Candidates must registered under Central/ State medical registration Council.
If you have any other query regarding PGIMER 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.