PUCET 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern
PUCET 2023 Examination will be conducted through offline mode. Panjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET) is a university level entrance exam which is conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh. University conducts its own entrance examination for undergraduate & postgraduate courses. Admission is offered in the field of engineering, pharmacy, commerce, etc. Here in this article, we have provided complete details about PUCET 2023 such as exam date, application form, eligibility, etc.
PUCET 2023 Overview
|Exam name||PUCET 2023|
|Full form||Panjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Level of exam||University level|
|Courses offered||UG & PG level|
|Organizing body||Panjab University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
PUCET 2023 Exam Date
Check the tentative exam date for PUCET 2023 provided below:
For PU-CET (UG):
|Online application form release||3rd week of May 2023|
|Last date to submit application form||4th week of June 2023|
|Last date for deposition of fee through online mode||4th week of June 2023|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature||4th week of June 2023|
|Admit card||1st week of July 2023|
|Last date for candidates who have not completed their form but have paid requisite fee, can complete their form||1st week of July 2023|
|PUCET 2023 Exam||2nd week of July 2023|
|Result declaration||3rd week of July 2023|
For PUCET PG:
|Online application form starts||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date for generating Bank Challan||1st week of July 2023|
|Last date for deposit fee||1st week of July 2023|
|Submission of upload the photograph, signature||2nd week of July 2023|
|Admit card||4th week of July 2023|
|Last date for submission with late fee of Rs 500/-||4th week of July 2023|
|Entrance Test||4th week of July 2023|
|Uploading of answer key and objection||1st week of August 2023|
|Last date of submission of objection||1st week of August 2023|
|Uploading the response to the objection||2nd week of August 2023|
|Submission of cross objection||2nd week of August 2023|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of August 2023|
PUCET 2023 Application Form
Here are the details about application form for PUCET 2023 exam provided below:
- PUCET 2023 application form will be released through online mode.
- The application form will be released from third week of May to fourth week of June 2023 for UG courses.
- Candidates can fill the application form from first week of June to first week of July 2023 for PG courses.
- Candidates will need to fill in all the details very carefully such as Name, Father’s Name, and Mother’s Name in the application form.
- All the details in the application form must be correct as if there will be any wrong information it will get rejected.
- After entering the details in application form, upload the scanned documents like photograph and signature.
- Candidates will need to take the printout of the application form for future references.
- The application fee will be submitted through online and offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the fee through Credit card, Debit card, Net banking and Challan.
- Fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
Application fee is given for different category are as follow:
|General category||Rs. 2175/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs. 1088/-|
|Additional subject (for both general and reserved category)||Rs. 375/- (UG)|
Rs. 575/- (PG)
How to Apply for PUCET
- Step-1: Visit the website of PUCET 2023 (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: Candidates have to Register online for application process.
- Step-3: Pay the application fee through online and offline mode.
- Step-4: Candidates have to fill the application form such as name, educational details, email address, phone number, etc.
- Step-5: Upload scanned documents like photograph and signature.
- Step-6: Take the printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
PUCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check the following eligibility criteria for PUCET examination before filling the application form:
For UG course:
- Qualification: Candidate must pass 12th intermediate or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Marks: In qualifying exam candidate must score 50% marks to be eligible.
- Subject: Candidates must pass with English, Physics, Chemistry and one of subject Biology/ Biotechnology/ Mathematics.
For PG course:
- Qualification: Candidate must have bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university.
- Marks: They must secure at least 50% marks in qualifying exam to be eligible for exam.
- Appearing: Candidates those are appearing in final year of graduation will also be eligible to apply.
PUCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for PUCET 2023 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 70 minutes to solve the paper for UG and 90 minutes for PG.
- Total marks: The question paper will carry total 120 marks.
- Type of Question: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions.
- Medium: The medium of paper will be in English language.
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be given for every correct answer and 25% marks will be deducted for each wrong response.
- For PG courses, 1 mark will be provided and there will be no negative marking.
PUCET 2023 Syllabus
The PUCET 2023 syllabus will consist of topics from 11th and 12th class. Candidates have to study physics, biology, chemistry and Mathematics in order to prepare for PUCET 2023 exam. There will be different courses and for each course. Official syllabus will be released through online mode.
PUCET 2023 Preparation Tips
Following are the preparation tips for the PUCET 2023 examination:
- Go through the whole syllabus and the exam pattern of the PUCET 2023.
- Create your study format and stick to it religiously.
- Stay focused on your studies by avoiding distractions.
- Do regular practice exams.
- Work through the previous year’s questions and sample papers.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid engaging in any harmful activities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PUCET 2023 Admit Card
The PUCET admit card for UG courses will be released from first week of July 2023 and for PG course it will be released from fourth week of July 2023. The admit card will be released through online mode. Candidate need to the enter their login details to download the admit card.
The admit card consist of personal details and exam information such as the date, time, and venue of the examination. The admit card will be the most important document to carry on the day of the examination. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall.
PUCET 2023 Answer Key
PUCET answer key will be released by the Panjab University after the exam will be conducted. The university will release answer key for PG course in first week of August 2023. It will be made available in PDF format. The authority will provide the opportunity to candidates to challenge the provisional answer key.
If candidate is not satisfied with the answer, then they can raise the objections against the key. The final answer key will be released after candidate cleared their objection.
PUCET 2023 Result
PUCET Result for UG course will be declared in the second week of July 2023 and for PG course it will be released from third week of August 2023. The candidates who have appeared for PUCET exam will be able to download their scorecards using their login credentials.
Candidates should be aware that rank card will not be mailed to them. The result will be based on the performance in the entrance exam and the GD/ PI rounds. The scorecard contain candidate’s roll number, registration number, category, rank secured, etc.
PUCET 2023 Counselling
Candidates who have qualified the entrance exam will be called for counselling process. Candidates will have to apply separately for the counselling process for each of the colleges. The seats will be allotted based on PUCET 2023 merit list.
The PUCET 2023 counselling will be commenced from August 2023. There will be various rounds of counselling procedure organized based on the number of seats available. Candidates are required to pay the admission fee after the allotment will be done.
If you have any query related to PUCET 2023, then you can ask us by commenting down.