TANCET 2020: Counselling (Started), Dates, Admission, Seat Allotment
TANCET 2020 Seat Allotment has been released through login for TANCET category. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance test (TANCET) is a state level exam held once in every year. Through this entrance test, candidates are offered admission into various PG courses like MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.E, etc. Admission to the exam qualifying candidates is provided in various Government and Non-Government colleges. Through this article, candidates can check the complete details about TANCET 2020 including important dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
TANCET 2020 Notifications – Allotment Released
Get complete updates of TANCET 2020 Admission and Counselling from here. Click here to view details.
TANCET 2020 Seat Allotment has been released through login for TANCET category. Check here for allotment details.
TANCET 2021 Exam will be organized in the month of May 2021. Check complete details regarding TANCET 2021 here.
TANCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the official TANCET dates regarding the exam in the below table:
|Starting of Online application||7th January 2020|
|Last date to apply online application||4th February 2020|
|Issuing of Admit card||13th February 2020|
|Exam date||29th February 2020 (MCA & MBA) & 1st March 2020 (M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan)|
|Answer key releases||March 2020|
|Declaration of Results||On or Before 20th March 2020|
|Downloading of Mark sheets||Available till 23rd May 2020 (5:00 pm)|
|Counselling begins||28th August 2020|
TANCET 2020 Counselling
TANCET 2020 Counselling process has been started from 28th August 2020. Candidates are able for the counselling rounds based on their scores obtained in the exam. TANCET Counselling call letter can be send to the eligible candidates which must be brought for admission procedure.
During counselling process, students must required to submit important documents for verification process. Here we have mentioned list of documents which will be required for the counselling:
- TANCET 2020 Score card
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Address proof
- Caste certificate
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
TANCET 2020 Application Form
Here in this section, candidate can check various details related to TANCET 2020 Application Form:
- TANCET 2020 Application Form has been made available through online mode.
- Candidates can fill application form from 7th January 2020.
- The last date of filling online application is till 4th February 2020.
- Candidates have to fill only one form for all three entrance test.
- Candidates must fill all the correct details in the form like personal details, academic details etc.
- The Application process will involve various steps – Registration, filling details, uploading of images and making fee payment.
- Candidates must fill the details and check before submission as no modification will be allowed after form submission.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the application form after completion of application process.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make application fee payment online using debit card/ credit card / net banking.
|Subjects||Application Fee (Rs.)|
|General Candidates||ST/ SC/ SCA of Tamil Nadu state|
|M.B.A. & M.C.A.||1200||600|
|M.C.A. & M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan||1200||600|
|M.B.A. ,M.C.A. & M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||1800||900|
|M.B.A. & M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan||1200||600|
TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must check the TANCET Eligibility Criteria for various courses:
- Other State Candidates: Candidates of other states are also eligible for entrance test provided the eligibility conditions will be predetermined by the University.
- Appearing: Candidates studying in the final semester of their Bachelors degree can also apply.
- GATE Score: Students with valid scorecard of GATE need not to appear for entrance test. However, candidates with valid score in Engineering Science and Life Science are required to appear for the test to get admission.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree of 3 years duration from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved candidates) in the qualifying degree.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 3 year’s Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics subject at 12th or in graduation from any recognized University or College.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields or its equivalent.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved candidate) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidate with B.E./B.Tech degrees obtained through distance mode/week end courses are not eligible.
TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the TANCET Exam Pattern and marking scheme:
- Mode: The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Duration: Total time duration will be 2 hours.
- Total Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions for MBA and MCA paper. For M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch / M.Plan, total of 115 questions will be in the exam.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The table below shows the distribution of questions and marks for various courses:
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|For M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
TANCET 2020 Syllabus
TANCET Syllabus will vary for different courses. Candidates can check the syllabus for various courses below:
For MBA Programme:
Questions asked in the MBA paper will be from various topics which will test the candidate’s ability and skills. Various sections will:
- Identify critically the data and apply the data to business decision from given business situations.
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in determining data sufficiency questions using the given data and mathematics questions.
- Also it will test candidate’s knowledge in English with questions asked on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
For MCA Programme:
The questions in the paper will be asked from various sections – Analytic Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Computer Awareness and Logical Reasoning. Also, questions will be based on verbal activity, basic science, etc.
For M.E/ M.Arch/Plan/ M.Tech:
Section 1 will consist of topics of Engineering Mathematics. The Topics will be based on Calculus and Differential Equations, Transforms, Numerical Methods, Vector Calculus, Determinants and Matrices and Applied Probability.
Section 2, will consist of topics based on Basic Engineering and Sciences. Section 3 will consist of various topics from various specialized subjects.
TANCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips that candidates can follow in order to perform well in TANCET 2020 exam:
- Students can practice various mock tests as per their course opted.
- Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Try to make a proper time table and follow it in disciplined manner.
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare from the best study materials recommended.
- Start your preparation for the exam early.
TANCET 2020 Exam will be held in various cities – Erode, Karaikudi, Dindigul, Nagercoil, Madurai, Thanjavur, Salem, Tiruchirappalli, Villupuram, Chennai, Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar, etc.
TANCET 2020 Admit Card
TANCET 2020 Admit card has been released on 13th February 2020. Candidates can download their admit cards through online mode. No admit cards is sent to the candidate through post or offline mode.
TANCET admit card have details such as candidate’s name, date and time of the exam, photograph, exam center etc. If candidate loses their admit card they can get a duplicate copy of the admit card by paying a certain amount of fee paying through DD.
TANCET 2020 Answer Key
TANCET Answer Key will be released in the month of March 2020. Candidates can check the correct answers to the questions asked in the entrance exam. Also, candidates can calculate their expected marks of the exam.
To calculate the score candidates have to first go through the marking scheme of the question paper. If candidates found any problem in the answer key, they can also submit their suggestions and make objections against the answer key. After the correction, the authority will release the final answer key to the candidates.
TANCET 2020 Cut Off
Candidates must score the qualifying cut off marks to get admission in the university and affiliated institutions. TANCET 2020 Cut off will be released separately for each offered course. Cut off will be different for different categories candidates.
TANCET cut off will be prepared on the basis of some factors such as availability of vacant seats, previous years cut off, marking scheme, difficulty level of exam, etc. The authority will publish the category wise cut off for TANCET and GATE qualified students separately.
TANCET 2020 Result
Candidates can check their TANCET 2020 Result in online mode. TANCET 2020 result has been released online on 20th March 2020. Candidates have to enter their login credentials to check result and download the score card.
The scorecard has displayed details of overall marks, sectional marks, percentile score and other details. Candidates must take printout of TANCET result for further use in admission process. Also the university will release separate rank lists for short listing the candidates.
If you have any query related to TANCET 2020, you can leave your query in the comments section below.