TANCET 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
TANCET 2020 will be organized by Anna University, Chennai on the behalf of Government of Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance test (TANCET) is a state level exam held once in every year. Through this entrance test, candidates are offered admission into various PG courses like MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Arch, M.Plan, M.E, etc. Admission to the exam qualifying candidates is provided in various Government and Non-Government colleges. Through this article, candidates can check the complete details about TANCET 2020 including important dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
TANCET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the tentative TANCET 2020 dates regarding the exam in the below table:
|Starting of Online application||1st week of April 2020|
|Last date to apply online application||4th week of April 2020|
|Issuing of Admit card||May 2020|
|Exam date||In the month of May 2020|
|Declaration of Results||1st week of June 2020|
|Counselling begins||July 2020|
TANCET 2020 Application Form
Here in this section, candidate can check various details related to TANCET 2020 Application Form:
- TANCET 2020 Application Form will be available through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill application form from the 1st week of April 2020.
- The last date of online application fee is expected till 4th week of April 2020.
- Candidates will have to fill only one form for all three entrance test.
- Candidates must fill all the correct details in the form like personal details, academic details etc.
- The Application process will involve various steps – Registration, filling details, uploading of images and making fee payment.
- Candidates must fill the details and check before submission as no modification will be allowed after form submission.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the application form after completion of application process.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make application fee payment online using debit card/ credit card / net banking.
- For General Candidates, fee is Rs.500
- For ST/SC/SCA Candidates, fee is Rs.250
- If candidates want to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, they have to pay Rs. 500/- more and for SC/ST/SCA candidate belonging to Tamil Nadu Rs. 250/- has to be paid.
TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must check the TANCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for various courses:
- Other State Candidates: Candidates of other states are also eligible for entrance test provided the eligibility conditions will be predetermined by the University.
- Appearing: Candidates studying in the final semester of their Bachelors degree can also apply.
- GATE Score: Students with valid scorecard of GATE need not to appear for entrance test. However, candidates with valid score in Engineering Science and Life Science are required to appear for the test to get admission.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree of 3 years duration from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved candidates) in the qualifying degree.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 3 year’s Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics subject at 12th or in graduation from any recognized University or College.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields or its equivalent.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved candidate) in the qualifying exam.
- Candidate with B.E./B.Tech degrees obtained through distance mode/week end courses are not eligible.
TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the TANCET 2020 Exam Pattern and marking scheme:
- Mode: The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Duration: Total time duration will be 2 hours.
- Total Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions for MBA and MCA paper. For M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch / M.Plan, total of 115 questions will be in the exam.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The table below shows the distribution of questions and marks for various courses:
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|For M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
TANCET 2020 Syllabus
TANCET 2020 Syllabus will vary for different courses. Candidates can check the syllabus for various courses below:
For MBA Programme:
Questions asked in the MBA paper will be from various topics which will test the candidate’s ability and skills. Various sections will:
- Identify critically the data and apply the data to business decision from given business situations.
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in answering questions based on the passages in the comprehension.
- Evaluate candidate’s skill in determining data sufficiency questions using the given data and mathematics questions.
- Also it will test candidate’s knowledge in English with questions asked on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
For MCA Programme:
The questions in the paper will be asked from various sections – Analytic Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Computer Awareness and Logical Reasoning. Also, questions will be based on verbal activity, basic science, etc.
Section 1 will consist of topics of Engineering Mathematics. The Topics will be based on Calculus and Differential Equations, Transforms, Numerical Methods, Vector Calculus, Determinants and Matrices and Applied Probability.
Section 2, will consist of topics based on Basic Engineering and Sciences. Section 3 will consist of various topics from various specialized subjects.
TANCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips that candidates can follow in order to perform well in TANCET 2020 exam:
- Students can practice various mock tests as per their course opted.
- Students can solve previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Try to make a proper time table and follow it in disciplined manner.
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare from the best study materials recommended.
- Start your preparation for the exam early.
TANCET 2020 Exam will be held in various cities – Erode, Karaikudi, Dindigul, Nagercoil, Madurai, Thanjavur, Salem, Thiruchirappalli, Villupuram, Chennai, Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar, etc
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
TANCET 2020 Admit Card
TANCET 2020 Admit card will be released in month of May 2020. Candidates can download their admit cards through online mode. No admit cards will be sent to the candidate through post or offline mode.
The admit card will have details such as candidate’s name, date and time of the exam, photograph, exam center etc. If candidate loses their admit card they can get a duplicate copy of the admit card by paying a certain amount of fee paying through DD.
TANCET 2020 Answer Key
TANCET 2020 Answer Key will be released in the month of May 2020. Candidates can check the correct answers to the questions asked in the entrance exam. Also, candidates can calculate their expected marks of the exam.
To calculate the score candidates have to first go through the marking scheme of the question paper. If candidates found any problem in the answer key, they can also submit their suggestions and make objections against the answer key. After the correction, the authority will release the final answer key to the candidates.
TANCET 2020 Result
Candidates can check their TANCET 2020 Result in online mode. TANCET 2020 result will be released online in month of June 2020. Candidates have to enter their login credentials to check result and download the score card.
The scorecard will display details of overall marks, sectional marks, percentile score and other details. Candidates must take printout of the result for further use in admission process. Also the university will release separate rank lists for short listing the candidates.
TANCET 2020 Cut Off
Candidates must score the qualifying cut off marks to get admission in the university and affiliated institutions. TANCET 2020 Cut off will be released separately for each offered course. Cut off will be different for different categories candidates.
The cut off will be prepared on the basis of some factors such as availability of vacant seats, previous years cut off, marking scheme, difficulty level of exam, etc. The authority will publish the category wise cut off for TANCET and GATE qualified students separately.
TANCET 2020 Counselling
TANCET 2020 Counselling process will start after the declaration of the results. Candidates will be called for the counselling rounds based on their scores obtained in the exam. Counselling call letter will be send to the eligible candidates which must be brought for admission procedure.
During counselling process, students are required to carry some necessary documents for the verification. Here we have mentioned the important documents required at the time of counselling:
- TANCET 2020 Score card
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Address proof
- Caste certificate
- Requisite fee in form of DD or cash
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photographs, etc.
If you have any query related to TANCET 2020, you can leave your query in the comments section below.