TISSNET 2020: Application Form (Started) , Eligibility, Exam Dates
TISSNET 2020 Application form has been released from 18th October 2019. It will be conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS). TISSNET is a university level entrance test conducted to offer admission in various Master’s Degree Programmes to the eligible candidates. Tata Institute of Social Science offers admission through TISSNET in more than 55 programs in its various campuses. Nearly 40,000 candidates appear for TISSNET every year. The courses offered through TISSNET are M. Sc., M.A., M.P.H, M.H.A., etc. Various campuses offering admission are located in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati, IMHST Chennai, MHAT Calicut and G-SET Ranchi, etc. Get complete details of TISSNET 2020 including exam dates, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card etc through this article.
TISSNET 2020 Notification – Application Released
TISSNET 2020 Application form has been released from 18th October 2019. Check here for application details.
TISSNET 2020 Exam Dates
Get detailed information about TISSNET exam dates in the given below table:
|Availability of Application Form||18th October 2019|
|Last Date for Online Application submission||25th November 2019|
|Last Date of receipt of Application by post||3rd December 2019|
|Issue of Hall Ticket(Online)||18th-19th December 2019|
|TISSNET 2020 Exam||4th January 2020|
|Announcement of Result||4th February 2020|
|Pre Interview Test and Personal Interview||11th-21st March 2020|
|Announcement of Merit List||21st April 2020|
|Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidate||23rd April to 4th May 2020|
|Announcement of 1st Wait List for all Programmes||11th May 2020|
|Online Documents uploading & payment of Fees by the selected candidates from Wait list 1||11th-18th May 2020|
|In Person original Document Verification and Payment of Fees||19th-30th May 2020|
|Closing of Admission||10th June 2020|
TISSNET 2020 Application Form
Check complete process of filling the application form of TISSNET 2020 below:
- The Application Form has been started from 18th October 2019.
- The TISSNET 2020 Application Form is available in online and offline mode.
- Candidates can apply for total of three courses at any two campuses of TISS.
- Last date to fill the online application is till 25th November 2019.
- For online mode, students have to first register, fill the application form, uploading of signature and photograph and payment of application fee.
- To get application offline from the Institute, students can request the printed copy of the application through speed post with certain amount of fee to the address below:
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar Mumbai, 400088
Application fee for various categories is given below:
|Payment mode||Category||Number of programmes applying for –|
One Two Three
|Online mode – Credit Card/ Debit Card|
Cash deposit in Any SBI Branch using Challan
1000+ Bank Charges
2000+ Bank Charges
3000+ Bank Charges
|SC/ST/OBC NCL||250+ Bank Charges||500+ Bank Charges||750+ Bank Charges|
TISSNET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria mentioned below must be checked by the candidates before applying for the test:
- Qualification: Applying candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 or 4 years duration or equivalent from a recognized authority in any discipline.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for the test.
- Appearing: Candidates in their final year of graduation degree are also eligible to apply for TISSNET 2020. Candidate studying in their final year of graduation but have not passed in all the subjects of their previous year are not eligible to apply for any of the masters courses by TISSNET.
- For LLM: Applying candidate must have passed in LLB Degree with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board or university.
TISSNET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the exam pattern and marking scheme of TISSNET 2020 before starting exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: TISSNET 2020 will be conducted in computer based test mode.
- Time Duration: Candidate will have to complete the exam in 1 hours and 40 minutes.
- Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: The questions in the test will be multiple choice.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Subjects: The test will be prepared from Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Analytical Ability and English Proficiency.
Check below the distribution of the questions & marks in the below provided table:
|National Common Written Test||100|
TISSNET 2020 Syllabus
TISSNET Syllabus will contain several topics from the General Awareness, English Proficiency, Maths & Logical Reasoning section.
The General Awareness section will be of 40 marks and is proposed to consist of 40 questions in MCQ format. GA syllabus will cover the following important topics: Environment and ecology, Politics, history, governance, law, Economy, policy Gender, health, education, Labour, Sports etc.
The questions will be on verbal ability and will command the lions share in English proficiency sections.
The verbal ability section will cover the following important topics: Antonyms, Analogies, Odd word out, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Error spotting, Word substitution, Sentence correction
In Reading Comprehension, the questions will be usually straight and can be solved with attentive reading of passages. Questions will be related to:Purpose of the Passage, Strengthen and weaken, Flaw and discrepancy, Maine idea of the passage, Authors point of view, etc.
Mathematics will be of 30 marks. The topics on which questions will be based are: Profit & loss, Averages, Ratio and proportion, Percentage, etc.
It is expected that there would be 15 questions on logical reasoning out of the total questions in the Mathematics sections. Important topics in syllabus are as follow: Number series, Alphabet series. Eye of detail, Logical connectivity, Puzzles, Venn diagrams, Cubes, etc.
The topics in the Data Interpretation will be – Bar graph, Table, Pie chart, Case lets, Line graph etc.
TISSNET 2020 Preparation Tips
Check below some preparation tips for the entrance test of TISSNET 2020:
- Start with basics, make sure to clear your basic concept of the subjects.
- Motivation and planning in the study are necessary.
- Solve mock test and sample papers regularly.
- You may also take some help from online lectures and mobile apps for preparation.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment.
- Mark the question that you feel important and tough.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click here to check official Faq’s
TISSNET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download TISSNET 2020 Admit card through online mode. Admit card will be available from 18th to 19th December 2019. Candidate also receive a link to download their admit card on their registered mail id.
Once you get your admit card, must cross check all the details on it. Make sure all the details printed on it are true and correct. At the time of appearing for the exam, carry a valid photo ID along with your admit card.
TISSNET 2020 Result
The Result of TISSNET 2020 will be declared on 4th February 2020 by online mode. TISS releases the results in the form of score card. Candidate can access the admit card by entering their email id and password.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the marks scored in the entrance examination. Candidates are advised to keep the printout of the result safely until the entire admission progress gets completed.
TISSNET 2020 Cut Off
To get admission in various campuses of TISS, students have to qualify the entrance test of TISSNET 2020. Students must clear their test by obtaining the cut off marks prescribed for various categories.
As per the last year trends, for General candidates, the cut off score was 45% and 35% for ST/SC candidates.
In case two or more candidates score the same marks, TISS will shortlist the candidates using the tie-breaking criteria. The tie-breaker criterion will involve comparison of marks of the candidates at various levels.
TISSNET 2020 Admission
After the written test of TISSNET 2020, qualified students will be shortlisted for next GD and PI rounds.
At the time of GD and PI rounds, students will be tested on their knowledge of the subject chosen. After Interview rounds, students will be placed in the merit list or wait list which will be released online.
Students must report at the allotted venue with their necessary documents before the prescribed date.
For any other query regarding TISSNET 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.