TNEA 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria
Anna University organizes the admission process of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) every year. Admission into various engineering institutions situated in the state of Tamil Nadu is provided on the basis of marks of 10+2 level and counselling organized by the University. Through TNEA, Admission is offered in undergraduate programmes of B.E and B.Tech. Number of colleges located in Tamil Nadu accepts TNEA Scores to provide admission in the offered engineering programmes. Through this article we have provided complete information regarding TNEA 2020.
TNEA 2020 Application Form
The notification of TNEA 2020 will be released in the last week of April 2020. Candidates can check below the complete information of TNEA 2020 application form:
- TNEA 2020 Application Form can be filled by the students through online mode from the first week of May 2020.
- The Online registration process of TNEA 2020 will include various steps like Registration, Filling the Application form, Payment of Application Fee and sending of application form with the required documents.
- Candidates have to apply for single application form for various courses and colleges.
- Last date to fill the application form online and submit it with the required documents is till first week of July 2020.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly as no modification or correction in the form will be allowed later.
- The filled in application form has to be submitted with the required documents before the last date to the below mentioned address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025
Documents to be enclosed with the Application Form
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets and Pass Certificates
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent community certificate
- 12th Class Hall Ticket
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Nativity certificate (If applicable)
- SriLankan Tamil Refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of Army personnel
Candidates have to pay the below given application fee through internet banking/debit card/credit card.
- For General candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/SCA candidates – Rs.250
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided tentative dates for various activities of TNEA 2020:
|TNEA 2020 Notification Release||4th week to Last week of April 2020|
|Starting of Registration process||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date to fill Application||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date of submission of filled in Application form||1st week of June 2020|
|Allotment of Random number||3rd week of June 2020|
|Rank list/Merit list release date||4th week of June 2020|
|Starting of Counselling process||3rd week of July 2020|
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TNEA 2020, candidates must go through the given below eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 level exams from schools located in Tamil Nadu can apply.
- Candidates from outside Tamil Nadu state can also apply on the basis of showing their Nativity Certificate only in the form of digitally signed E-Certificate or Electronic Form.
- Those who are children of Central Government Employees are also eligible for admission.
- Candidates of other states who have completed their 10+2 level from Tamil Nadu state are also eligible.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their 12th level exam or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have passed their HSC exam with minimum of 50% marks (For OBC – 45%; For ST/SC/DNC/MBC/SCA – 40%).
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have passed his 10+2 level with the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
Course Wise Eligibility
For Marine Engineering
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level exam or its equivalent from a Recognized Board.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have passed his 10+2 level with Mathematics,Physics, Chemistry and English as main subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have passed with minimum average of 60% in PCM subjects and 50% in English subject.
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate should be of maximum 25 years.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
TNEA 2020 Cut off
After the successful registration process, Anna University will release the cut off of TNEA 2020. The cut off marks will be released by online mode on the website for various programmes. Candidates must qualify the minimum cut off marks to get admission into the University.
The cut off marks will vary for various campuses. To break the tie candidates will be issued random numbers in case two or more candidates attain the same scores. Candidates will get their random numbers from the website.
TNEA 2020 Merit List/Rank List
The University will prepare a common merit list on the basis of which the counseling will be conducted. The merit list/rank list will be released on the website in the fourth week of June 2020. The board will publish overall rank and community rank on the website.
The merit list will be prepared by the board on the basis of marks submitted by the candidates at the time of registration. Those who will successfully get shortlisted in the merit/rank list will be eligible for counselling process.
TNEA 2020 Counselling
TNEA 2020 Counselling Process will be organized in the third week of July 2020. In the order of merit, candidates will be called for counselling process. As per therank and communal category of the candidate, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
Before participating in counselling process candidate must download their call letter. The counselling process will be organized in five rounds. Candidates will have to choose their course of preference and colleges.
Also counselling fee has to be submitted by the candidate by cash or demand draft. Candidates have to bring their original and photocopies of their required documents/testimonials for the document verification process.
TNEA 2020 Admission
After the successful completion of TNEA 2020 Counselling Process, admission will be provided to the qualified candidates. Candidates are required to report at the allotted college with the provisional admission letter within the prescribed date and time.
Also candidates have to submit their required documents and pay the admission fee at the respective institution.
If you have any query related to TNEA 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section provided below.