TNEA 2020: Rank List (On 25th Sep), Random Number (Assigned), Dates
TNEA 2020 Rank List is releasing on 25th September 2020. Anna University organizes the admission process of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) every year. Admission into various engineering institutions situated in the state of Tamil Nadu is provided on the basis of marks of 10+2 level and counselling organised by the University. Any separate entrance test is not conducted to offer admission. Through TNEA, Admission is offered in undergraduate programmes of B.E and B.Tech. Number of colleges located in Tamil Nadu accepts TNEA Scores to provide admission in the offered engineering programmes. Through this article we have provided complete information regarding TNEA 2020.
TNEA 2020 Notifications – Rank List on 25th Sep
As per the sources, TNEA 2020 Rank List is releasing on 25th September 2020. Check here for rank list details.
TNEA 2020 Random Number has been assigned to all applicants from 26th August 2020.
TNEA 2021 Admission process will get started from third week of July 2021. Check complete details regarding TNEA 2021 here.
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided tentative TNEA Dates for various activities:
|TNEA 2020 Notification Release||16th July 2020|
|Starting of Registration process||16th July 2020|
|Last date to fill Application||16th August 2020|
|Starting of uploading original certificates||31st July 2020|
|Last date for uploading of original certificates||20th August 2020|
|Assigning random number||26th August 2020|
|Verification of original certificates at TFC’s||24th August- 1st September 2020|
|Publication of rank list||25th September 2020|
|Counselling for special reservation category||–|
|Commencement of counselling||–|
|Online supplementry counselling||–|
|Online SCA to SC counselling||–|
|End of counselling||–|
TNEA 2020 Merit List/Rank List
The University will prepare a common merit list on the basis of which the counseling will be conducted. The TNEA merit list/rank list will be released on the website on 25th September 2020. The board will publish overall rank and community rank on the website.
The merit list will be prepared by the board on the basis of marks submitted by the candidates at the time of registration. Those who will successfully get shortlisted in the merit/rank list will be eligible for counselling process.
TNEA 2020 Cut off
After the successful registration process, Anna University will release the cut off of TNEA 2020. The TNEA cut off marks will be released through online mode on the website for various programmes. Candidates must qualify the minimum cut off marks to get admission into the University.
The cut off marks will vary for various campuses. To break the tie candidates will be issued random numbers in case two or more candidates attain the same scores. Candidates will get their random numbers from the website.
TNEA 2020 Counselling
TNEA Counselling Process will be organised from October 2020. In the order of merit, candidates will be called for counselling process. As per the rank and communal category of the candidate, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
Before participating in counselling process candidate must download their call letter. The counselling process will be organized in five rounds. Candidates will have to choose their course of preference and colleges.
Also counselling fee has to be submitted by the candidate by cash or demand draft. Candidates have to bring their original and photocopies of their required documents/testimonials for the document verification process.
TNEA 2020 Admission
After the successful completion of TNEA 2020 Counselling Process, admission will be provided to the qualified candidates. Candidates are required to report at the allotted college with the provisional admission letter within the prescribed date and time.
Also candidates have to submit their required documents and pay the admission fee at the respective institution.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
TNEA 2020 Application Form
The notification of TNEA 2020 has been released on 16th July 2020. Candidates can check below the complete information of TNEA 2020 application form:
- TNEA 2020 Application Form can be filled by the students through online mode from 16th July 2020.
- The Online registration process of TNEA 2020 includes various steps like registration, filling the application form, payment of application fee and sending application form with the required documents.
- Candidates have to apply for single application form for various courses and colleges.
- Last date to fill the application form online and submit it with the required documents will be till 16th August 2020.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly as no modification or correction in the form will be allowed later.
- The filled in application form has to be submitted with the required documents before the last date to the below mentioned address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025
Documents to be enclosed with the Application Form
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets and Pass Certificates
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent community certificate
- 12th Class Hall Ticket
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Nativity certificate (If applicable)
- SriLankan Tamil Refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of Army personnel
Candidates have to pay the below given application fee through internet banking/debit card/credit card.
- For General candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/SCA candidates – Rs.250
- For special reservation category- Rs. 100 (Additional)
TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TNEA 2020, candidates must go through the given below TNEA eligibility criteria:
- Candidates who have passed their 10+2 level exams from schools located in Tamil Nadu can apply.
- Candidates from outside Tamil Nadu state can also apply on the basis of showing their Nativity Certificate only in the form of digitally signed E-Certificate or Electronic Form.
- Those who are children of Central Government Employees are also eligible for admission.
- Candidates of other states who have completed their 10+2 level from Tamil Nadu state are also eligible.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their 12th level exam or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have passed their HSC exam with minimum of 45% marks (For OBC – 40%; For ST/SC/DNC/MBC/SCA – 40%).
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have passed his 10+2 level with the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
Course Wise Eligibility
For Marine Engineering
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level exam or its equivalent from a Recognized Board.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have passed his 10+2 level with Mathematics,Physics, Chemistry and English as main subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have passed with minimum average of 60% in PCM subjects and 50% in English subject.
- Age Criteria: Applying candidate should be of maximum 25 years.
If you have any query related to TNEA 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section provided below.