TNEA 2023: Counselling (Started), Allotment (Out), Cut Off
TNEA 2023 Seat Allotment has been released for round 3 from 25th August 2023. Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is organised by the Anna University. Through this, admission is offered to the candidates in various UG Engineering courses like B.E/B.Tech degree courses. It is a state-level admission procedure conducted every year. Candidates can get admission in various government, government-aided, and private engineering colleges affiliated by Anna University. The admission is provided on the basis of class 12th or qualifying scores. In this article, we have provided information regarding the TNEA 2023 exam such as the application form, eligibility criteria, admission process, merit list, counselling, etc.
TNEA 2023 Notifications – 3rd Allotment Out
TNEA 2023 Seat Allotment has been released for round 3 from 25th August 2023. Check here for counselling details.
Get all exam details & latest updates about TNEA 2024 from here.
TNEA 2023 Rank List has been released on 26th June 2023. Check here for rank list details.
TNEA 2023 Certificate verification has been started from 5th June 2023. TFC will contact you through registered mobile number. Check here for application details.
Admission Open 2023
TNEA 2023 Overview
|Name||TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission)|
|Conducting body||Anna University|
|Level of Admission Process||State Level|
|Admission into||Undergraduate Engineering Programs|
TNEA 2023 Important Dates
Following are the official dates regarding the TNEA 2023 admission procedure:
|TNEA 2023 Notification||4th May 2023|
|Application form availability||5th May 2023|
|Last date of application form||4th June 2023|
|Last date of uploading documents||9th June 2023|
|Allotment of Random Numbers||6th June 2023|
|Certificate verification||5th to 20th June 2023|
|Rank List||26th June 2023|
|Counseling for special reservation category||24th to 26th July 2023|
|Commencement of General category||28th July to 3rd September 2023|
|End of counselling||11th September 2023|
TNEA 2023 Merit List
After the verification of documents, the university releases the TNEA 2023 merit list. The merit list is prepared as per the marks secured by the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in their qualifying examination. The marks obtained by the candidates in PCM is reduced to 200 (Mathematics- 100, Physics- 50 and Chemistry- 50).
The rank list has been released on 26th June 2023. The overall rank is prepared based on the merit list. In case of any grievances with the merit list, the candidates may contact office of the Secretary, TNEA at Anna University.
TNEA 2023 Cut Off
The TNEA 2023 cut-off will be released by the authority through online mode. The candidates will be selected as per the cut off list prepared by the authorities. The cut off will be made available for different categories.
The TNEA cut off will be released from August 2023. There are lot of factors that affect the cut off mark and some of the factors are Level of exam difficulty in that year, number of seats available, previous year cut off trend, and number of students who appeared in the exam.
TNEA 2023 Counselling
The candidates is allowed to take part in counselling process based on their rank or merit score. The counselling process is commenced from 28th July 2023 for general category. The counselling for special reservation category was started from 24th July 2023.
The counselling takes place in 4 rounds depending upon the availability of seats. To participate in counselling process, the candidate have to pay the fee. After successful payment candidates have to provide their choice of institution and courses through TNEA portal.
Once the choices are locked, the system automatically allot the seats to the candidates on the basis of their rank. After the final allotment of seats, the candidates visit the respective institutes with provisional allotment letters to complete rest of the admission formalities.
Documents Required in the counselling process:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Permanent community certificate
- HSC/12th class hall ticket
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Transfer Certificate
- Sri Lankan Tamil refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of army personnel
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
TNEA 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the TNEA 2023 Application Form:
- The TNEA 2023 Application form has been made available in online mode.
- The application form for TNEA 2023 has been released from 5th May 2023.
- Candidates have to fill the application form with details like name, parent name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Upload the scanned documents such as certificate, photograph, and signature.
- There will be no correction facility provided to the candidates so fill the application form carefully.
- The last date to submit the application form will be 4th June 2023.
- Candidate must submit the application form and take the printout of it.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode only.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking etc. for the transaction.
|SC/ ST/ SCA||Rs. 250/-|
How to Apply for TNEA 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of TNEA 2023 (Link is given above).
- Step-2: Click on “Click here for New Registration” button.
- Step-3: Enter the required details like email id, mobile number and password, etc.
- Step-4: After that candidate can enter their details in login and new page will appear.
- Step-5: Enter all the required details like candidate name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Step-6: Select the payment method for submission of application fee.
- Step-7: Click on “Save and proceed” button.
- Step-8: Submit the application form and you will get PDF file.
TNEA Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete eligibility criteria for TNEA 2023 admission procedure:
- Candidates do not need to show Nativity Certificate if they have pass 8th to 10th class from Tamil Nadu state.
- Candidates who have pass 8th to 12th class or equivalent exam outside Tamil Nadu state then they have to show Original Nativity Certificate in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees/ Public Sector can also apply for admission if their parents or guardians serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for past 5 years at the time of submission of application.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees studied in Tamil Nadu will be eligible for exam. They have to show the following certificates.
- Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tehsildar.
- Those who have not registered in refugee camp should show original passport, visa and letter registered with Police Station.
- Candidate must pass 11th and 12th class or its equivalent from any recognised board.
- Subject: Candidate must pass withy Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subject.
The minimum average marks candidate must obtain is given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (12th class)|
|Backward class including Backward class Muslim||40%|
|MBC and DNC||40%|
|SC/ ST/ SCA||40%|
For Marine Engineering Branch:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th class or equivalent examination.
- Subject: Candidate must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- Marks: Candidate must obtain at least 60% marks in PCM and minimum 50% marks in English.
- Age: The maximum age to apply for the exam will be 25 years.
For any query regarding the TNEA 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.