TNEA 2023: Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility, Merit List
TNEA 2023 (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) will be organised by the Anna University. Through this, admission is offered to the candidates in various UG Engineering courses like B.E/B.Tech degree courses. It is a state-level admission procedure conducted every year. Candidates can get admission in various government, government-aided, and private engineering colleges affiliated by Anna University. The admission is provided on the basis of class 12th or qualifying scores. In this article, we have provided information regarding the TNEA 2023 exam such as the application form, eligibility criteria, admission process, merit list, counselling, etc.
TNEA 2023 Overview
|Name||TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission)|
|Conducting body||Anna University|
|Level of Admission Process||State Level|
|Admission into||Undergraduate Engineering Programs|
TNEA 2023 Important Dates
Following are the tentative dates regarding the TNEA 2023 admission procedure:
|TNEA 2023 Notification||2nd week of June 2023|
|Application form availability||3rd week of June 2023|
|Last date of application form||3rd week of July 2023|
|Allotment of Random Numbers||3rd week of July 2023|
|Certificate verification||3rd week of July to 4th week of July 2023|
|Rank list/ Merit list release||2nd week of August 2023|
|Grievances Addressal||2nd week of August 2023|
|Counseling for special reservation category||3rd week of August 2023|
|Commencement of General category||4th week of August to 2nd week of October 2023|
|End of counselling||3rd week of October 2023|
TNEA 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the TNEA 2023 Application Form:
- The TNEA 2023 Application form will be made available in online mode.
- The application form for TNEA 2023 will release from third week of June 2023.
- Candidates have to fill the application form with details like name, parent name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Upload the scanned documents such as certificate, photograph, and signature.
- There will be no correction facility provided to the candidates so fill the application form carefully.
- The last date to submit the application form will be third week of July 2023.
- Candidate must submit the application form and take the printout of it.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode only.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking etc. for the transaction.
|SC/ ST/ SCA||Rs 250/-|
How to Apply for TNEA 2023
- Step-1: Visit the website of TNEA 2023 (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: Click on “Click here for New Registration” button.
- Step-3: Enter the required details like email id, mobile number and password, etc.
- Step-4: After that candidate can enter their details in login and new page will appear.
- Step-5: Enter all the required details like candidate name, email id, phone number, etc.
- Step-6: Select the payment method for submission of application fee.
- Step-7: Click on “Save and proceed” button.
- Step-8: Submit the application form and you will get PDF file.
TNEA Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete eligibility criteria for TNEA 2023 admission procedure:
- Candidates do not need to show Nativity Certificate if they have pass 8th to 10th class from Tamil Nadu state.
- Candidates who have pass 8th to 12th class or equivalent exam outside Tamil Nadu state then they have to show Original Nativity Certificate in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees/ Public Sector can also apply for admission if their parents or guardians serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for past 5 years at the time of submission of application.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees studied in Tamil Nadu will be eligible for exam. They have to show the following certificates.
- Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tehsildar.
- Those who have not registered in refugee camp should show original passport, visa and letter registered with Police Station.
- Candidate must pass 11th and 12th class or its equivalent from any recognised board.
- Subject: Candidate must pass withy Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subject.
The minimum average marks candidate must obtain is given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (12th class)|
|Backward class including Backward class Muslim||40%|
|MBC and DNC||40%|
|SC/ ST/ SCA||40%|
For Marine Engineering Branch:
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th class or equivalent examination.
- Subject: Candidate must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- Marks: Candidate must obtain at least 60% marks in PCM and minimum 50% marks in English.
- Age: The maximum age to apply for the exam will be 25 years.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
TNEA 2023 Merit List
After the verification of documents, the university will release the TNEA 2023 merit list. The merit list will be prepared as per the marks secured by the candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in their qualifying examination. The marks obtained by the candidates in PCM will be reduced to 200 (Mathematics- 100, Physics- 50 and Chemistry- 50).
The rank list will be released in the second week of August 2023. The overall rank will be prepared based on the merit list. In case of any grievances with the merit list, the candidates may contact office of the Secretary, TNEA at Anna University.
TNEA 2023 Cut Off
The TNEA 2023 cut-off will be released by the authority through online mode. The candidates will be selected as per the cut off list prepared by the authorities. The cut off will be made available for different categories.
The TNEA cut off will be released from August 2023. There are lot of factors that affect the cut off mark and some of the factors are Level of exam difficulty in that year, number of seats available, previous year cut off trend, and number of students who appeared in the exam.
TNEA 2023 Counselling
The candidates will be allowed to take part in counselling process based on their rank or merit score. The counselling process will be commenced from fourth week of August to second week of October 2023 for general category. The counselling for special reservation category will be begins from third week of August 2023.
The counselling will take place in 4 rounds depending upon the availability of seats. To participate in counselling process, the candidate have to pay the fee. After successful payment candidates have to provide their choice of institution and courses through TNEA portal.
Once the choices are locked, the system will automatically allot the seats to the candidates on the basis of their rank. After the final allotment of seats, the candidates will visit the respective institutes with provisional allotment letters to complete rest of the admission formalities.
Documents Required in the counselling process:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Permanent community certificate
- HSC/12th class hall ticket
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Transfer Certificate
- Sri Lankan Tamil refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of army personnel
For any query regarding the TNEA 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.
Is there any age limit for part-time engineering courses
TNEA 2023 details are yet to be published.