TS PGECET 2023: Application Form (Released), Exam Dates (Out)
TS PGECET 2023 Application Form has been released from 3rd March 2023. Exam Dates has been announced. It will be conducted on 29th to 31st May & 1st June 2023. Telangana State Postgraduate Engineering Entrance Test (TS PGECET) is a state-level Engineering entrance exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University, Hyderabad (JNTUH).
Those candidates who want to take admission in Postgraduate in Architecture/ Pharmacy/ Technology/ Engineering courses from the colleges/ universities/ institutions located in Telangana state can apply for the test. Candidates who will successfully clear this entrance test will be eligible for admission into the private and government colleges of Telangana. In this article, we have provided complete details about the TS PGECET 2023 application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, etc.
TS PGECET 2023 Notifications – Application Released
TS PGECET 2023 Application form has been released from 3rd March 2023. Check here for application details.
TS PGECET 2023 Exam Dates has been announced. It will be conducted on 29th to 31st May & 1st June 2023. Check here for exam date details.
Admission Open 2023
TS PGECET 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||TS PGECET|
|Full-Form||Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Osmania University|
|Level of examination||State-Level|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Medium of Exam||English|
TS PGECET 2023 Exam Dates
Here are the details of TS PGECET 2023 Exam dates for various events:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|TS PGECET 2023 official notification||28th February 2023|
|The online application process starts from||3rd March 2023|
|Last date of form submission without late fee||30th April 2023|
|Edit facility||2nd to 4th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 250/-||5th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||10th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 2500/-||15th May 2023|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 5000/-||24th May 2023|
|Availability of hall ticket||21st May 2023|
|TS PGECET Exam||29th to 31st May & 1st June 2023|
|Publication of Answer Key||–|
|Result declaration date||–|
TS PGECET 2023 Application Form
Check various details about TS PGECET 2023 Registration in the below given section:
- The registration forms for TS PGECET has been released from 3rd March 2023 through online mode on the website.
- It is necessary for the applicants to confirm their eligibility before applying for the examination as application forms is available for the eligible candidates only.
- The complete application process consists of three steps – Fee payment, Application form filling, and taking print of hard copy of the filled-in application form.
- The registration steps need to be completed very carefully as the authority does not provide the correction facility to make changes in the TS PGECET application form.
- Candidates have to complete the submission of the application form before 30th April 2023 without any late fee.
- Candidates are recommended to keep their print of application form and fee receipt secure for future reference.
- The TS PGECET Application Form remain incomplete without submitting the application fee.
- Therefore, the fee can be submitted through AP Online/ TS Online, Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking payment gateways:
Category wise application fee is discussed below:
|SC/ ST/ PH candidates||Rs 600/-|
|Other category candidates||Rs 1100/-|
TS PGECET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for TS PGECET 2023 exam below:
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the TS PGECET.
- Domicile: Applying candidate should have a domicile certificate of Telangana state in order to be eligible.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates who have bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream/ discipline are eligible for admission.
- Qualifying Marks Criteria: Candidates should have gained a minimum of 50% marks in qualifying exam (45% marks in case of reserved category).
- Appearing: Those candidates who are appearing in their final year examination in 2023, are also eligible for admission.
TS PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
Check complete TS PGECET exam pattern details below:
- Mode of Examination: The TS PGECET 2023 will be conducted by online mode only.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain total of 120 questions in Objective-based (Multiple Choice Questions) MCQs only.
- Duration: A total of 2 hours will be allotted for solving the entire question paper.
- Medium: The paper will be in English language only.
- Regions: It will conduct in two regions as Hyderabad & Warangal.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer in TS PGECET exam.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Medium of Test||English|
|Total Questions||120 Questions|
|Maximum Marks||120 marks|
|Test Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark|
TS PGECET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for every offered program will be different as per the requirement of subjects for the particular subject. The syllabus for the examination will be consist of various topics from the relevant UG Qualifications. Candidates can check the complete syllabus of TS PGECET 2023 through the website of the authority.
The TS PGECET Syllabus will be made available to the candidates through the information brochure. Candidates can also check the complete syllabus for every particular offered courses.
TS PGECET Syllabus 2023 is comprised of various subjects according to the program. Below, is the syllabus for different courses:
Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering (AS):
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential Calculus, and Numerical Methods.
- Flight Mechanics: Atmosphere, Airplane Performance, Static Stability, and Dynamic stability.
- Space Dynamics: Central force motion, determination of trajectory and orbital period in simple cases, and Orbit transfer.
- Aerodynamics: Basic Fluid Mechanics, Airfoils and wings, Viscous Flows, Compressible Flows, Wind Tunnel Testing, Flight Vehicle Structures, Structural Dynamics, Stress and Strain, Propulsion, Turbomachinery and Aerothermodynamics of non-rotating propulsion components.
Syllabus for Architecture and Planning:
Some major topics are City planning, Housing, Landscape Design, Computer-Aided Design, Environmental Studies in Building Science, Visual & Urban Design, History of Architecture, Development of Contemporary Architecture, Building Services, Building Construction & Management, Materials & Structural Systems, Planning Theory, Techniques of Planning, Traffic & Transportation Planning, Infrastructure, Services & Amenities, and Development Administration & Management.
Syllabus for Biotechnology:
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Probability & Statistics, and Numerical Methods.
- Biotechnology: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Process Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, Plant & Animal Biotechnology, Characteristics of animal cells, Immunology, Recombinant DNA Technology, and Bioinformatics.
Syllabus for Chemical Engineering (CH):
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Complex variables, Probability & Statistics, Differential Calculus, and Numerical Methods.
- Chemical Engineering: Process Calculations & Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Fluid Mechanics & Mechanical Operations, Instrumentation & Process Control, Plant Design and Economics, and Chemical Technology.
TS PGECET 2023 Preparation Tips
TS PGECET preparation tips will help candidates to perform better in the examination. Candidates can check some important tips below to crack the examination:
- Divide your time equally for all the subjects this will help you to include the entire syllabus in your preparation. Don’t include topics that are other than the syllabus.
- For better preparation, you can also participate in a mock test. With the help of a mock test analyze your preparation.
- Prepare only from those books which cover the entire syllabus.
- Solve the previous year’s question papers. This will help you understand the exam pattern deeply.
- Revision is the most important thing to perform in the preparation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
TS PGECET Admit Card 2023
Candidates will get the admit card only through online mode. It will be made available on the website from 21st May 2023. The admit card will be an important document that candidates will have to carry on the day of the exam.
Candidates must check properly admit card details regarding their name, date & time of exam, exam center and others.
The admit card will contain various details of candidates and exams given below:
- Name of the candidate
- Father Name
- Date of Birth
- Admit Card Number
- Exam Center Venue
- Date and Time of Exam
- Instructions, etc.
TS PGECET Participate Colleges 2023
- JNTUHCEH Hyderabad- JNTUH College of Engineering
- VNR VJIET Hyderabad- VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Anurag Group of Instituions, Ghatkesar
- Vasavi College of Engineering, Hyderabad
- MGIT Hyderabad- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology
- BVRIT Narsapur- BV Raju Institute of Technology
- MLRIT Dundigal- MLR Institute of Technology
- CMR Engineering College, Hyderabad
- KITSW Warangal- Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science
- University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad
TS PGECET Answer Key 2023
The authority will release the TS PGECET Answer Key 2023 after the exam will be successfully conducted. The answer key (provisional) will be released first and details about the objection will be notified with the answer key. Candidates can check the correct answer for each, and every question asked in the exam.
TS PGECET Answer Key 2023 will be useful for the candidates to cross-check with the questions asked in the exam. After the objections, final answer key will be released on the website in the month of June 2023.
TS PGECET 2023 Result
TS PGECET 2023 Result will be released in the first week of July 2023 tentatively. Candidates appeared in the exam will be able to access their TS PGECET result online. Students have to enter their credentials such as application id/ registration number and password to obtain the result.
After the results will be announced, the authority of Osmania University will also release the rank card online on the website. It is proposed to take out the hard copies of the result along with the scorecard.
TS PGECET 2023 Cut Off
The Cut Off is the minimum marks prepared by the authority for shortlisting the candidates for the counseling procedure. Candidates will have to score more than prescribed cut-off marks for their category to be eligible for the counseling procedure.
TS PGECET Cut Off can be accessed through the website of the authority. On the basis of cut off marks, the authority will prepare a merit list containing the name of shortlisted candidates for the counseling procedure.
TS PGECET 2023 Counselling
Every shortlisted candidate can appear for TS PGECET counselling through online mode. For the counseling process, candidates can register themselves from July/ August 2023 through the specified website of the authority.
It will include various rounds – Registration, Choice Filling, Seat Allotment and reporting at the institute. Candidates must appear and complete all these rounds within the allotted time period to be eligible for admission.
Consequently, for the document verification round candidates will also have to submit the following documents:
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 12th marks sheet and certificate
- Scorecard of PGECET
- Admit Card of PGECET
- Graduation degree
- Transfer Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Caste Certificate, etc.
If you have any other query regarding TS PGECET 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.
M.tech in mechanical engineering course is offered in ts pgecet