Career As Flight Steward & Cabin Crew
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Are you dreaming to make your career in an Aviation Industry?
But the question arises in your mind:
How would I get there? ……..Where should I start?
Many Girls choose Air Hostess as a Profession, but what about boys?
How can a Boy candidate make their career as an Air Hostess? Lets find it out!
The male candidates can make their career as a Flight Steward or Cabin Crew. This is similar to Air Hostess, which is quite common in girls.
Flight Steward & Cabin Crew are the associates of an aircrew those are employed by various airlines. They are also called as Flight Attendants, Air Hostesses and Cabin Attendants.
The primary role of a Flight Steward & Cabin Crew is to ensure the comfort and safety of the passengers and to provide Hospitality service in the airlines.
They also tasked with the customer service duties like as serving foods & drinks, as a secondary job.
Heinrich Kubis was the world’s first flight attendant.
Being a Flight steward is one of the best career opportunities for youngsters who just qualified their 12th examination and aspiring a career in the high paying & fast growing industry.
Also Check: Popular Courses in Commerce
Courses & Eligibility
The minimum qualification required to become a Flight Steward & Cabin Crew is Intermediate or graduation. There are various institutes in India offers diploma course after 12th in the field of Aviation. Some of the airlines also provide 3 to 6 month training.
In order to be a Flight Steward & Cabin Crew, you may have to pursue the following mentioned course:
- Diploma in Cabin Crew Services & Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Airline and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma In Aviation & Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Airline Cabin Crew
- Certificate Course in Air Hostess/Flight Purser
The duration of these courses may be from 12 months to 18 months.
On the basis of the following eligibility criteria Airlines recruits the students:
- Age Requirement: Below 25 years old.
- Height: Minimum 5.5 to 5.9 foots.
- Weight: In proportion to Height
- Status (Martial): Unmarried
- Eye Sight: 20/30 vision or better is required.
- Education: Graduate Degree or 12th/equivalent with three year diploma.
- Other: No Tattoos, piercings or wild hairstyles.
- Language: National & one international language
How to become Flight Steward & Cabin Crew?
- Aspirants have to apply in various airlines for different posts that are advertised in national newspapers & other mass media.
- Once the aspirants are shortlisted, they have to appear for the written test.
- Successful aspirants will be called for the group discussion & personal interviews.
- After GD/PI, if aspirants are selected, then the airline trained them for 2 to 3 months.
- After successful training, aspirants are put on trainee flights before assigning duties.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
Skills required becoming a Flight Steward:
- Good Communication Skills
- Soft Spoken
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Excellent coordination skills
- Friendly Nature
Where i can pursue the aviation courses?
Some prominent Institutions in India that offers short-term courses in Aviation:
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
- Kingfisher Training and Aviation Services
- Avalon Academy, Dehradun
- Air Hostess Academy
- J. Aviation academy
- Indian Aviation Academy
- All India Institute of Aeronautics
Jobs & Career
Due to increase in new airlines in the aviation sector, the aviation industry is expanding.
That’s why the job opportunities of the Cabin Attendants are growing at a very fast rate.
There are good career prospects and excellent growth opportunities for youngster not only in India but also in abroad.
The Job profile of the flight attendants is very exciting, they can visit all over the world & see various cultures while earning a reasonably good salary at the same time.
Flight Steward works in teams to make the passengers comfortable in the Flight and to check the security of the passengers in the tough situations.
They also make sure that first-aid kits and other emergency equipment are on board and work properly or not.
Flight Steward welcomes the passengers while they are boarding the plane, check their tickets & serves refreshments and food on their journey . They also educate all the passengers, how to use the emergency equipment’s, supervise them in the seating arrangements and check the safety belt arrangements.
Flight Steward & Cabin Crew are mostly employed by the commercial airlines. They can also work in private air transport companies. They can seek job opportunities in Public & Private Sector.
- Indian Airlines
- Air India
- Jet Airways
- Spice Jet
- Sahara Airlines
Some working areas where you can find jobs are:
- Private International Airlines
- Private Domestic Airlines
- Airport Ground Staff
- Government International Airlines
- Government Domestic Airlines
What are Salary Prospects?
In India, Flight Steward can earn a salary between Rs. 2.5 lakh to 4.5 Lakh per year as a beginner in the public sector. In Private sector, the salary package is attractive. A Head flight attendant is paid as per their experience, they can earn approximately 6 Lakh per annum. The Cabin Crew member working with the International airlines, they can get salary in between Rs. 9 lakh to 10 lakh per years. Some airlines offer an extra salary for working on off days.
In the US, as a fresher, their salary starts from $18,000 per year. Salary is usually varies according to their position and experience.
Flight Steward can usually work all the time in a day or in a night, weekends, etc. The working hour of the cabin crew is usually 9 to 12 hours a day. They can generally fly 36 to 50 hours in a week.
Books & Study Material
Here we have listed some most preffered and popular books of Flight Steward & Cabin Crew:
The Complete Flight Attendant Interview Work Book: Volume 1 by Sasha Robinson
Cabin Crew Interview Questions & Answers by Caitlyn Rogers
The Essential Guide To Becoming A Flight Attendant by Kiki Ward
Femininity in Flight: A History of Flight Attendants by Barry, Kathleen
How to Become a Flight Attendant (Kindle Edition) by Lauren Porter
How To Become Cabin Crew: the ULTIMATE insider’s guide to passing the Cabin Crew selection process by Jessica Bond
For more information about Career As Flight Steward & Cabin Crew, you can ask query below.